Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

I am a Ukrainian refugee

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

3elena

A month ago I fled the village where I was born, lived with my husband and gave birth to my daughter. But in the same village, Russians killed my husband, my parents, raped me and tried to rape my 4 year old daughter. In the same village, I killed two Russians. For this I will always be on alert. The Russians do not forgive and always take revenge. Now I am in another country but I can't tell my true identity because the Russians know who I am because I ran away taking only my daughter. 2 weeks I ran and slept in the woods until I got to the area where there were no Russian soldiers. My papers, laptop where I have pictures and video of me and my family stayed at home. Home unfortunately will never be home again because I will never have the courage to go back there. Now I only live for my daughter. If it wasn't for her, I would have killed myself, even though I know it is a great sin. But the pain in my heart is immense, it cannot be described in words. I would like to go as far west as possible, but I have no documents and the refugee centre asked me to bring at least 3 people to prove my identity in order to get a passport. The city where I am now has a large Lipovans community (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lipovans), another reason of fear for me because even if they say they are against Putin, they are Russian and have the same blood. The only reason for happiness is that I was able to save my daughter. She alone is the reason I fight every second.

Hello,
To start, I understand that there are a lot of internet scams. I’ve tracked your IP addresses and they come from legitimate European ISP Providers. As a result, I see no reason not to believe you are who you say you are and have gone through the things you’ve described.

Now that that’s out of the way, thank you for sharing your story. I can’t imagine what you’ve experienced. It’s simply heartbreaking and tears me up.

I am glad that you have your daughter and I know you will keep her safe. You’ve done a good job protecting her so far, and I am glad you took the steps to prevent her rape.

God made a promise that he would never leave or forsake you, and I know He keeps his promises. I can’t imagine your pain and suffering {hugs} but I know God hears the cries of His Children and he will not let those cries go unnoticed. Justice will be served.

Glory to Ukraine and God bless you.

A month ago I fled the village where I was born, lived with my husband and gave birth to my daughter. But in the same village, Russians killed my husband, my parents, raped me and tried to rape my 4 year old daughter. In the same village, I killed two Russians. For this I will always be on alert. The Russians do not forgive and always take revenge. Now I am in another country but I can't tell my true identity because the Russians know who I am because I ran away taking only my daughter. 2 weeks I ran and slept in the woods until I got to the area where there were no Russian soldiers. My papers, laptop where I have pictures and video of me and my family stayed at home. Home unfortunately will never be home again because I will never have the courage to go back there. Now I only live for my daughter. If it wasn't for her, I would have killed myself, even though I know it is a great sin. But the pain in my heart is immense, it cannot be described in words. I would like to go as far west as possible, but I have no documents and the refugee centre asked me to bring at least 3 people to prove my identity in order to get a passport. The city where I am now has a large Lipovans community (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lipovans), another reason of fear for me because even if they say they are against Putin, they are Russian and have the same blood. The only reason for happiness is that I was able to save my daughter. She alone is the reason I fight every second.

Hello, Selena.

If I can offer a friendly word of advice in your troubles, don't set yourself up thinking, "She is the only reason I fight." Pour out your heart honestly to the Lord and be honest with yourself as well, and pray He protects both of you. But remember He would always give you a reason to live, and her as well. Encourage her that there is a Heaven, and that those who belong to the Lord Jesus Christ will be together in eternity regardless, and that that is where our true home is anyway.

God bless, and cast your cares upon Him, for He cares for you.
Hidden In Him

Hi 3elena and glad you came here. Yours is a tale of perseverance in times of the attacks that Satan tries to bring on us. God is watching over you and your daughter and continue to trust in Him and the provisions He has for you t bless you and your daughter. Trust that God will make a way where there seems to be no way and He will bring you to a place of safety. Praying for you and your daughter and that you can find Godly people to reach out to where you are. :hug

Hi 3elena

Your testimony is certainly raw. I can't imagine going through such a situation and I pray that you lean heavily on God and the Lord Jesus to give you strength. I think it's terrible what the Russians, Putin specifically, is doing in Ukraine, but I suppose that territorial squabbles have been a part of worldly politics for at least the last 4,000 years.

God bless you,
Ted

Thank you all for your words of encouragement. I know you have not been through what I have and I cannot ask you to understand and feel what I have felt and am feeling. Believe me, that's where hell is. Those invaders are monsters. I don't know what they were like before the war, how they treated their mothers, their wives, their daughters. But I don't think they behaved the way they behave towards us. I never thought there could be so much hatred in a man. I didn't think a man could be so cruel. It's very hard to keep your faith after living through the horrors of this invasion. The tragedies of the Russians. The destruction they wrought. Imagine the place where you live being overrun by beasts. That these beasts are bombing everything and everywhere. It doesn't matter if it's a school, a hospital, a restaurant or a house. That the earth and everything around is shaking from the bombing. That people are murdered just for fun. That every woman and child is a possible rape victim. Nobody stops them from doing these things. Their commanders encourage and participate in these rapes and murders.
You are right, only God made us escape from that hell. But our souls, the souls of the survivors, will forever bear the scars of the horrors we lived through.

Thank you all for your words of encouragement. I know you have not been through what I have and I cannot ask you to understand and feel what I have felt and am feeling. Believe me, that's where hell is. Those invaders are monsters. I don't know what they were like before the war, how they treated their mothers, their wives, their daughters. But I don't think they behaved the way they behave towards us. I never thought there could be so much hatred in a man. I didn't think a man could be so cruel. It's very hard to keep your faith after living through the horrors of this invasion. The tragedies of the Russians. The destruction they wrought. Imagine the place where you live being overrun by beasts. That these beasts are bombing everything and everywhere. It doesn't matter if it's a school, a hospital, a restaurant or a house. That the earth and everything around is shaking from the bombing. That people are murdered just for fun. That every woman and child is a possible rape victim. Nobody stops them from doing these things. Their commanders encourage and participate in these rapes and murders.
You are right, only God made us escape from that hell. But our souls, the souls of the survivors, will forever bear the scars of the horrors we lived through.
Hello 3elena,
Everyone here is so distressed at what you've had to endure.
There are no words left to speak.
Everything you state is true and I know it is because a friend of mine in Berlin has
made a couple of trips to Poland to receive some survivors there.
I just pray for you, as we all do here on this forum, that you can settle somewhere peaceful
with your little daughter and that you can rebuild your life.
🙏:hug

3elena
You are right, I cannot fully grasp what you’ve been through, but I hear the pain in your voice and I feel your solitude. These evil men will one day stand before God and take an account for their actions and I have no doubt God hears your cries along with those like yourself that are crying out in utter agony and distress.
These men have committed an evil sin and have scared you deeply and for that, I mourn. You have seen Satan face to face, and you live to tell about it and it reminds me how depraved some can get, and that evil men are among us.

It may be hard to imagine, but this too will pass and your mourning will one day turn to joy. Please, when this season in your life passes, do not hold onto the hate and use your anger to make life better for yourself and others. Anger is not sin, but we are told not to sin in our anger and I trust you will create what is good through it.

Hang in there…

i have seen the destruction on the news read of all the things going on.. Putin is a worker of the devil stay low take care of your family keep praying

I'm so sorry. The world is full of evil and cruelty. One thing we can hold onto is that Jesus has overcome the world. I hope you'll stick around with us and let us know how you are doing periodically so that we offer moral support and community for you

Hi, 3elena,​

My wife Galina is Belarusian and her daughter and the entire rest of her family are still in Minsk. It is just incredible to me what is happening in Ukraine. When I first went to Belarus in 2007, Ukraine was the "poster child" for a successful post-Soviet country.

Not one member of my wife's family (including, of course, my wife) thinks Putin in anything other than the Devil incarnate. We have also lost all respect for the Russian Orthodox Church. We had become fans of Orthodox theologian Alexei Osipov, but now we see that he is just another Kremlin shill. Surely, there is a supernaturally evil dimension to this war.

I cannot fathom the Russian popular support for Putin. There can scarcely be a Russian who doesn't have friends or relatives in Ukraine or hasn't done business or vacationed in Ukraine. Even the support seems to have a supernatural dimension, as though the people were hypnotized.

I can't even begin to relate to what you have suffered, but we will pray for you and your daughter. We have been doing all we can financially through organizations such as LifeGate Worldwide and Revived Soldiers Ukraine, but it's a drop in the bucket with a situation this overwhelming.

I don't think simplistic "Christian answers" are helpful when someone is dealing with a situation of the magnitude of yours. I could suggest nothing but deep, honest, prayerful communion with God and the hope that your faith will survive intact. I think only the Holy Spirit can provide the peace and confidence that will sustain your faith. It is impossible to rationalize why God would allow something like this.

May God bless you and your daughter.

Back