Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

I am doing jail time

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00

Elysian

Since we're here because of A and E's sin - and will get to heaven once we die - doesn't it seem to anyone that living in this world is not unlike doing time? We just wait, that's all.

Since we're here because of A and E's sin - and will get to heaven once we die - doesn't it seem to anyone that living in this world is not unlike doing time? We just wait, that's all.
I share that observation.

Many of us suffer through the situations and consequences caused by our sin even though we are completely and totally forgiven and at peace with God. It is indeed like being in prison, put there through the ignorance and foolishness of something we did in our youth perhaps. Like the 18 year old kid who gets a long sentence for robbing a liquor store, the consequences of his folly keep him bound in the inevitable circumstances of time behind bars. The hope of all this is we will indeed one day be liberated from the costs of our sin and will go home to be with Jesus. That is the hope of the suffering saint, and it gets stronger and stronger everyday closer we come to it.

Jesus said to pray 'On Earth as it is in Heaven.' Our life doesn't have to be like a jail experience; it can be like a heavenly experience. It's just a matter of changing the world into that better place that we want to live in. A lot of generations have failed before us, and so we have a lot of junk in our lives, but it doesn't mean our goal isn't accomplishable.

Remember, God wanted to dwell among mankind all throughout history- with Adam and Eve, with the tabernacle and Moses, with the temple and David, Jesus came down, and God wants to walk and dwell among us right now. It's just a matter of pressing in and cleaning up the atmosphere enough so that God has a landing place and can dwell here more freely.

Jesus said to pray 'On Earth as it is in Heaven.' Our life doesn't have to be like a jail experience; it can be like a heavenly experience. It's just a matter of changing the world into that better place that we want to live in. A lot of generations have failed before us, and so we have a lot of junk in our lives, but it doesn't mean our goal isn't accomplishable.

Remember, God wanted to dwell among mankind all throughout history- with Adam and Eve, with the tabernacle and Moses, with the temple and David, Jesus came down, and God wants to walk and dwell among us right now. It's just a matter of pressing in and cleaning up the atmosphere enough so that God has a landing place and can dwell here more freely.

I follow your path here Igloo, however I'd adjust the idea of making the world like we want to live in and say that our purpose here is to reflect the love of God in as he would have it, rather than place any emphasis on us.

Never the less, I agree with your primes.

John 10:10
The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.

If you feel like a prisoner in this world, you need to have that heart/mentality healed by the Lord. It's not Biblical. You need the eyes of Christ to make you see with new life.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back