Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Depending upon the Holy Spirit for all you do?

Read through the following study by Tenchi for more on this topic

https://christianforums.net/threads/without-the-holy-spirit-we-can-do-nothing.109419/

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

https://christianforums.net/forums/questions-and-answers/

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

I am not truly saved and I'm scared to tell my parents

DoaWK1992

So, I have been 'saved' three times, but I realized that I didn't mean it any of those times.

The first time I was 'saved,' I was little, so of course, I didn't mean it.
The second time, I didn't mean it either.
The third time, I just said it because I was scared of going to hell. If I tell my parents or any of my family members, they'll get upset with me. I know they will.
I want to be saved and I want to be saved by faith but I feel like if I try again it'll just be the same reason.

(By the way, sorry if this is a bit confusing. I have anxiety so...)

Last edited:
Good point
You identify as a Christian in your avatar, so is the problem you have because of your parent's denomination ?
Or is there something biblical you don't understand or agree with ?

Personally, I never say "I am saved", knowing that between now and the day of judgement I could still leave my faith in the dust.
I say "I am converted", and that from a sinning God hater to non-sinning God lover.

I forgot to mention this, but when I told them I wasn't truly saved the second and third time, they got mad at me.
Hey All,
Your parents got mad because you lied to them.
Telling the truth is always easier than telling the lie that tries to hide the truth.
Trust is sacred.
You violated their trust.
That is sometimes hard to earn back.
But the good news is that they are your parents, and love you like no other.
They still love you.

You also need to be thankful that they do still love you.
Make things right with them.

Keep walking everybody.
May God bless,
Taz

Once Christian accepts Jesus as their salvation and repents, there saved.

The basics are salvation, baptism and repentance. This is milk of God's word.

New members are to move on to the meat of God's word.

Acts chapter 3 . New convert is saved. There fed milk of God's word.

Hebrews chapter 5
James chapter 1
New convert is to move away from milk, and into meat of God's word.
Were talking about spirtual growth. To gain knowledge in God's word. By studying the bible every day.

Different people have different appetites. One may study half hour day
Another will study several hours.

Jesus needs productive servants. By studying the bible, body of christ shares God's truth with others.

Anyone biblically illiterate is of no use to God.

James chapter 1 tells us, God gives knowledge and wisdom freely to those who seek.

Move away from the milk. And get into meat of God's word.

If you need help. I recommend shepherds chapel on YouTube. Pastor dennis murray teaches sound doctrine.

It's your decision.

So, I have been 'saved' three times, but I realized that I didn't mean it any of those times.

The third time, I just said it because I was scared of going to hell. If I tell my parents or any of my family members, they'll get upset with me. I know they will.
I want to be saved and I want to be saved by faith but I feel like if I try again it'll just be the same reason.

I understand your confusion and anxiety. When I was your age a film went around both my church and my (now) wife's church with a very scary depiction of the end times. It was designed to scare teens and 20 somethings into being being believers thru fear. Not a good tact IMO.

I suggest you sit down and talk thru this with someone. Preferably your parents; but if you are not comfortable with that, your pastor or youth leader. It is during the teen years where it is important for a person to establish faith with God for them selves and not just go along on their parents' faith. I suspect the tsuris you are experiencing is part of that process.

Remember the statement from the Prophet Joel: All who call upon the Name of the Lord will be saved. (Joel 2.32) and it is quoted in Acts 2.21 and Romans 10.13, so it is not just an Old Testament thing.

When I was your age a film went around both my church and my (now) wife's church with a very scary depiction of the end times.

Was it the Hal Lindsay series of movies?: "Thief in the Night," and "A Distant Thunder" and "Image of the Beast"? Terrible stuff for kids to watch! There were a couple of scenes I remember with a guillotine set up in a church parking lot... And a big, shiny, aluminum bucket at the base of the guillotine with holes in it out of which bright, red blood was trickling...

You have three choices.
1. Tell your parents you are not converted and get the repercussions from them.
2. Don't tell your parents, and act like the posers who pretend they love God with all their hearts, souls, and minds.
3. Convert, and live a life that manifests the life, and death, of Jesus Christ, and without sin.

3 will also have repercussions, so be prepared to "not look back".
"And Jesus said unto him, No man, having put his hand to the plough, and looking back, is fit for the kingdom of God." (Luke 9:62)
Check your bible reference it says " and looking back, is fit for the kingdom of God." it may confuse some people. it confused me.

Hey All,
Sometimes I miss stuff DoaWK1992.

"The first time I was 'saved,' I was little, so of course, I didn't mean it." Quote from DoaWK1992

What do you mean by, "so of course, I didn't mean it."
You can mean what you say when you are young.
I received Jesus as my savior when I was 4 years old.
I meant it.
It did not make me Saint Josef.
I still sinned, and did all the stupid stuff kids do while growing up. (Never took drugs though. My worst was getting drunk on Boone's Farm Apple Wine.)
But I know Jesus never left me or forsook me.
When I straightened myself out, and ask for forgiveness, Jesus had been waiting for me the whole time.

Jesus is waiting for you to DoaWK1992.
Like the prodigal son, you just have to go home.
The Father is waiting and watching.

Keep walking everybody.
May God bless,
Taz

Was it the Hal Lindsay series of movies?: "Thief in the Night," and "A Distant Thunder" and "Image of the Beast"? Terrible stuff for kids to watch! There were a couple of scenes I remember with a guillotine set up in a church parking lot... And a big, shiny, aluminum bucket at the base of the guillotine with holes in it out of which bright, red blood was trickling...
Yeah - It was Thief in the Night.

It was no worse than coming home and finding dinner on the table with no one there but you.
And the knowledge that if you got "left behind" there was no hope for you since the Holy Spirit had been taken away making salvation impossible from that point on.

Almost every one I knew back then experienced that a few times growing up.

Jesus saves us from our own sinning for our own good. Repenting of our own sinning has nothing to do with anyone else, unless the relationship prevents or hinders us from loving the Lord more than our own lives.

Pleasing others is not the purpose of pleasing the Lord. What we tell the Lord is all that matters in the end. We don't have to tell anyone anything.

Now, if you were to convert to some other religion, then I suppose you're parents ought to know about it. If you live with them or care about them.

Back