Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

[ Testimony ] I don't really want to post-

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00

K2CHRIST

The Lord asked me to post here - on the "Prayer, Praise, Testimony" section.

"WHY?" I asked

"I'd like you to do it", was all I heard from Him."

We actually went back and forth a couple of times before I asked Him, "What Testimony?"

He responded, "Pick one."

Oh - I have tons to them, even extremely incredible one - but not one recently - which is actually pretty rare. I have seen Him do so many things in my life. Still - I wasn't feeling like going over any of them. The one thing Him asking me to post in this section always reminds me of is that either Christians don't want to tell others about the incredible things He does in their lives, or for some reason most Christians just don't see Him do a lot of incredible things. Indeed, everything I see the "Prayer, Praise, Testimony" section I think about how amazing it is that this section is just stuffed full incredible testimony. So now I avoid the section. It just tends to get my upset and wondering how can we possible say we know God and not have tons of testimonies. Maybe it is because we too often feel like I feel tonight - we just don't want to tell people the incredible things we have seen since He has been in our lives??

Ok - I guess I should pull out one of my favorite testimonies from Him being in my life -- Humm ...

Alright - there was a time when the Lord kept asking me to fast. Seven times He asked me to do those little fasts. It wasn't really tough fast, but tough enough. He asked me to not eat anything for three days - that's all. Still - I got pretty hungry by the third day. At lunch time at work, I used to get something to eat and go to a nearby park and eat while in the car. So it was that I did the same thing while fasting. On the third day sitting there and talking to the Lord I decided to ask Him for help with the fast. It was a hot day, without a cloud in the sky, then suddenly rain began to fall on me. It wasn't a lot of rain, just a sprinkle that got on the windows and came through the open window next to me onto my left side.

RAIN??? I sat there in amazement. It was impossible. There wasn't a cloud in the sky. I put my head out the window and watched it coming down from a cloud free sky. It lasted, maybe five or ten minutes, while I just sat there in amazement. Then it stopped and I noticed that it was time to go back to work.

Then on another fast about a month later, without asking, it suddenly happened again the same way. That was at the same spot, so maybe there was something about that spot. On the next fast He asked me to do I decided to park in another location in a parking lot close to a gas station and with completely different type of environment around. I was wondering if God would cause it to rain there - kind of joking to myself. Then it did . It rained in the same way, a couple of miles from the other location and in a completely different surrounding environment.

Thank you K2CHRIST
It must have been amazing to experience.

It was certainly an interesting experience. Yeah - I guess when it first started happening I was really amazed. I was even more amazed that it happen again. Still, I was thinking it might have had something to do with the park I was at, so when I changed locations and it happened again, I was more amazed and definitely at Him. Though now, when I look back at it I kind of just find it interesting. He did so many things in my life, that experience just kind of seems interesting more that amazing to me now.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back