Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

I just opened up my bible

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

Bailey

I just opened up my bible and this chapter was the very first chapter I opened up

For the lord thy god blesseth Thee as he promised thee.

Deuteronomy 15:6

May the lord bless you and all that you've asked for and we know the lord will because he keeps all his promises because he's a faithful father. ❤️

I just opened up my bible and this chapter was the very first chapter I opened up

For the lord thy god blesseth Thee as he promised thee.

Deuteronomy 15:6

May the lord bless you and all that you've asked for and we know the lord will because he keeps all his promises because he's a faithful father. ❤️

I'm reminded by your post of the story of the guy who was trying to find God's will for his life and thought he would do so by chance, letting his Bible fall open to whatever page and, with eyes closed, stabbing his finger down onto a verse. When he opened his eyes and looked down upon his Bible, his finger was on the verse that said, "And Judas went out and hung himself." The fellow didn't think much of this "message from God" and so he tried again, following the same random method, blindly placing his finger upon a new verse. Peering at the Scripture beneath his finger, he read, "Go and do thou likewise."

Anyway, God never promises in His word to give us (or bless) all that we ask for. Instead, He tells us that there are very distinct divine protocols we must observe in our prayers to Him and can expect no answer from Him but "No," if we don't observe His prayer protocols.

Psalm 66:18
Isaiah 59:2
1 Peter 3:10-12
1 John 5:14
James 4:3
Ecclesiastes 5:2

I do appreciate your effort to be encouraging! Keep on keeping on, sister!

I'm reminded by your post of the story of the guy who was trying to find God's will for his life and thought he would do so by chance, letting his Bible fall open to whatever page and, with eyes closed, stabbing his finger down onto a verse. When he opened his eyes and looked down upon his Bible, his finger was on the verse that said, "And Judas went out and hung himself." The fellow didn't think much of this "message from God" and so he tried again, following the same random method, blindly placing his finger upon a new verse. Peering at the Scripture beneath his finger, he read, "Go and do thou likewise." Anyway, God never promises in His word to give us (or bless) all that we ask for. Instead, He tells us that there are very distinct divine protocols we must observe in our prayers to Him and can expect no answer from Him but "No," if we don't observe His prayer protocols. Psalm 66:18 Isaiah 59:2 1 Peter 3:10-12 1 John 5:14 James 4:3 Ecclesiastes 5:2 I do appreciate your effort to be encouraging! Keep on keeping on, sister!
I'm reminded by your post of the story of the guy who was trying to find God's will for his life and thought he would do so by chance, letting his Bible fall open to whatever page and, with eyes closed, stabbing his finger down onto a verse. When he opened his eyes and looked down upon his Bible, his finger was on the verse that said, "And Judas went out and hung himself." The fellow didn't think much of this "message from God" and so he tried again, following the same random method, blindly placing his finger upon a new verse. Peering at the Scripture beneath his finger, he read, "Go and do thou likewise." Anyway, God never promises in His word to give us (or bless) all that we ask for. Instead, He tells us that there are very distinct divine protocols we must observe in our prayers to Him and can expect no answer from Him but "No," if we don't observe His prayer protocols. Psalm 66:18 Isaiah 59:2 1 Peter 3:10-12 1 John 5:14 James 4:3 Ecclesiastes 5:2 I do appreciate your effort to be encouraging! Keep on keeping on, sister!
God always fulfills his promises. As the apostle Paul said: “For the foolishness of God is wiser than human wisdom, and the weakness of God is stronger than human strength” (1 corinthians 1:25). God fulfills many of his promises in visible ways. The stars may fall but God's promises will always stand.

God always fulfills his promises.

Yes. Right. But under the criteria He has set out for us in His word. We can't ask God for anything we might like from any sort of life we have decided to take up. The verses I already cited to you make this really clear.

God fulfills many of his promises in visible ways.

Sure. Amen. But not under just any old circumstance we might choose. God sets the criteria for answered prayer, for His fulfilling His promises, not us. If we want to enjoy God's promises, we will have to follow His commands.

Lol it's literally out of my promise bible god does fulfill everything you ask of him maybe not when you want it like Satan but in his time, John 16:23, where Jesus tells the apostles “Amen Amen I say to you, whatever you ask from the Father, He will give it to you in My name”.

I'm reminded by your post of the story of the guy who was trying to find God's will for his life and thought he would do so by chance, letting his Bible fall open to whatever page and, with eyes closed, stabbing his finger down onto a verse. When he opened his eyes and looked down upon his Bible, his finger was on the verse that said, "And Judas went out and hung himself." The fellow didn't think much of this "message from God" and so he tried again, following the same random method, blindly placing his finger upon a new verse. Peering at the Scripture beneath his finger, he read, "Go and do thou likewise."

Anyway, God never promises in His word to give us (or bless) all that we ask for. Instead, He tells us that there are very distinct divine protocols we must observe in our prayers to Him and can expect no answer from Him but "No," if we don't observe His prayer protocols.

I do appreciate your effort to be encouraging! Keep on keeping on, sister!
The scriptures that you gave me has nothing to do with prayer and blessings

These verses all put boundaries around prayer, restrictions on how and for what we might pray. I agree completely that when we approach God in prayer according to His rules for prayer, we can trust that He's heard us and will answer. You're quite right that God always fulfills His promises to us. But under His prescribed constraints. Fulfilling promises He's made to His children, not to the Israelites of the OT.

These verses all put boundaries around prayer, restrictions on how and for what we might pray. I agree completely that when we approach God in prayer according to His rules for prayer, we can trust that He's heard us and will answer. You're quite right that God always fulfills His promises to us. But under His prescribed constraints. Fulfilling promises He's made to His children, not to the Israelites of the OT.
Prayer is a sacred and private matter between you and the most high god scripture does outline what Jesus said whatever you ask the father can't he do, but I was giving words of encouraging but you came out with a negative comment about prayer, you as a Christian should not discourage but encourage those coming to Jesus for Christ said Matthew 18:6-7 KJV
But whoso shall offend one of these little ones which believe in me, it were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and that he were drowned in the depth of the sea. Also Matthew 7: 1-3 For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back