Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Prayer __] I need help

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
God bless all of you,

I was dating the pastors daughter for about a yr . I had been praying to find a christian girl for more than 7yrs therefore i thought i would give it a chance. I trusted her and I did the mistake of telling her everything even my deepest feelings because she insisted i do so.

The problem began when she started going to a non christian college because all her life she had gone to christian schools. She started acting worldly and I believe she was into bad things im not to sure all i know is that she hurt me a lot and she stopped serving God she also started fighting with her parents; eventhough it hurt a lot i had to break it off. Ive been trying to forget and stop the pain but it still bothers me a bit, now I know that i have to wait on God. As a result I dont let any of the youth get to close to me at church especially the young ladies. I dont want to talk to them because i dont want to fall for any of them thats just how i feel, I want them to leave me alone. I know evading girls at church is not right but i dont care.The problem is that the girls in my church are not too spiritual they have pictures of themselves clubbing on fb that gets me upset. I know that God is working in me and that I dont need to look for my wife because he will bring her to me. But as long as im hurt I wont be a good partner so I need prayer because I feel hurt and lonely.

thanx

Dear friend please check weather the fault is yours or her's.Sometimes we think we are all perfect,but nobody is.If she has something bad ,try to change her in the manner of love.Show her whats good and whats not.You yourself should set examples.

There is nothing to worry.All girls are not same,but the next time be careful.

If there's fault in your part then you make sure that you don't repeat it.
God knows whats good for you :)

God Bless You!

I'm no expert on looking for a marriage partner, but I think sometimes there is a naivety with Christians. There is this other person that has emotions and desires and plans. Sometimes, I think the men especially throw the whole kitchen sink in there, before they even get comfortable with being around the other person. Some of you disagree with wooing a female. To me it is the art of common sense. If she feels like you are a raging bull in a rush, you can scare her off. If you go to a "too personal level "(even with discussion) when they are not ready. That can also throw them off.
I think sometimes even after marriage there is the need to leave each other some breathing space, in each others thinking. There are Christians that even approach the Bible that way when they communicate. and.....attack!!... :nono
Hopefully, you are older and wiser for this. Don't go into a shell and lock yourself in a closet for it. Just be older and wiser. :)
The trick is to make them think they chose you...but you really chose them. :idea :wave

thanks for the prayers and advise. Good points, at first I was a bit immature but then things flipped;it was her getting immature and colder spiritually as i got better. I wouldnt have minded if the problems were baby stuff, but she went to a college out of state and she was being promiscuous and i wouldnt have found out until I saw a picture of her on fb with some loser. Thats why I didnt try to set a good example and fix her with love, there wasnt much to work with at that point. She was the one that asked me out and its true in the past i have thrown the kitchen sink but now that im older I dont. I guess I will be a little friendlier at church and I wont be quick to pass judgement on other christians. I was brought up with a high standard when it comes to purity and morals.

Let me ask you guys something if you had worked very hard and saved your whole life and now had to decide where to invest your money which would you choose. A company that had a solid reputation, large market cap, low debt and a lot of cash. Or an up and starting company with potential but it needs a lot of work high debt low cash reserves, no dividends, low sales. Which would you put your life savings on the stable company or the high risk company? I dont attack other christians but if they are cold and still undecided why bother. I do pray for them and listen to them but nothing more. Im praying more now but learning from my mistakes and taking it slow and trying to be a happy single. Thanx a lot =]

[quote=" Let me ask you guys something if you had worked very hard and saved your whole life and now had to decide where to invest your money which would you choose. A company that had a solid reputation, large market cap, low debt and a lot of cash. Or an up and starting company with potential but it needs a lot of work high debt low cash reserves, no dividends, low sales. Which would you put your life savings on the stable company or the high risk company? I dont attack other christians but if they are cold and still undecided why bother. I do pray for them and listen to them but nothing more. Im praying more now but learning from my mistakes and taking it slow and trying to be a happy single. =][/quote]
I myself might look more for a business or even a house. I have played the stock market before. My brother is a broker. I played the equity options game, (minimal investment, maximum leverage). Bad game. I think I would prefer the Hi-Caps. That's what my brother would tell you. Penny stocks go off the market half the time. They aren't a whole lot different than equity options, except they don't have an expiry date. By the way my personal opinion is the whole stock market is rigged anyway. In Vancouver's stock exchange there are false prospectuses all the time. ( Gold mines that don't exist?)
I have two rich brothers. One plays the stock market and one owns businesses. The one that owns the businesses is the more affluent of the two. Both areas of investment still require research and timing.
Good luck in whatever you decide.If you want a free stock market site for charting...Prophetfinance has a really good java application.

I think you need to pray and ask God to please relieve you of the bad memories from your ex. Only he can help you move forward with your life and stop judging people. If they are doing something wrong, point it out. But to have it set in your mind that you're gonna find a perfect, sinless, virgin Christian is setting yourself up for disappointment :twocents
He will send you someone, whether or not you accept that love is up to you.

thanx for the advice I dont think im too judgemental but I do need to have some standards. I will pray more and as time passes the memories will fade. I will be waiting for that someone and i will accept them and their imperfections. God knows where i'm at he will send her to me when the time is right. Meanwhile i'm focused on my career. I also need help to stay strong cuz when i was with her i got closer to God now that extra help is not there and as time passes im finding that im losing a bit of that. The worst thing we can do is to put our eyes and faith on others that can make us fall im trying hard to stay strong in Christ. Eventhough Ive been in church my whole life carrying my cross is not easy.

Im into options as well but mine expire so i play to sell also as insurance on my stock. I trade on the nyse Ive made a few good moves. I dont know if i agree with the whole think being rigged. I do think starting a business is better but i want to do both.

thanx for the prayers i really need them =]

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back