Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• Wearing the right shoes, and properly clothed spiritually?

Join Elected By Him for a devotional on Ephesians 6:14-15

https://christianforums.net/threads/devotional-selecting-the-proper-shoes.109094/

[__ Prayer __] I Need Jesus!

Rameau

I have been suffering from depression and anxiety for many years and have not found healing. I profoundly recognize my need for Jesus but after many years of searching and prayer I have not found him or the peace and forgiveness he promises.

I am earnestly requesting to be prayed for so that I can finally find Jesus.

I will be glad to keep you in my prayers. If you have done this.
Romans NIV
9 If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,†and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved.
Then you have found him. IMO. I know i struggle sometimes with allowing God to forgive me. But you have to prayer and study his word. As far as peace goes i love these versus.
Philippians 4 NIV
4.Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! 5 Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. 6 Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. 7 And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
keep seeking
Hebrews KJV
6But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

Hey Rameau I understand what you’re going through. I have faced this problem in my Life several times before.

We seem to think that God has a point where God has given up on us. That we have failed Him and there is No way back to be forgiven. This may be True to say a friend who lives down here and you guys get into a major fight and that person never wants to talk to you again.

But The First thing you need to understand is God is not as A Human. The Bible tells us do not Lean unto Your own Heart of Understanding but lean on the Understanding of The Lord. Rameau, Jesus can and will forgive anything you have ever done. Paul in the Bible that wrote the Epistles once used to Murder those who followed Jesus. Murder is very serious. Yet Jesus shows He has taken the vilest of Sinners even to use him for His Purpose.
Paul had to confess to God and Paul needed to repent. And God took all what Paul did from his past and put it in the Sea of Forgetfulness.

The only one that wants you to not be forgiven is Satan Himself trying to convince you that you can’t be forgiven. I understand Your Faith has been shaken. I’ve done some pretty horrible sins in my life. But please listen to this..
1 John 1:9
If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

Sometimes after reading even a verse like this we say in our Heart God can’t be Faithful. Not for what I did. But utter amazingly God is Faithful.

Now see Romans 5 verse 8 for God shows His Love that while we were sinners Christ died for us.
Romans 5:8

8 But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.

Jesus loves you more that you really know. God knows all what you have done. Yet God wants you to tell him what you have done that is to confess and then work on eliminating those sins out of your life. To turn away from them is to repent. This is just as important as confessing to God. Will God turn you away? If you are sincere absolutely he will not turn on you. Rameau. Every day is a new day. Start each day new. Again understand that you’re not the exception that God will not forgive. Everyone has the Chance to be saved. Believe in Jesus. Take your Cross and follow Him daily. Whenever you get into some kind of Sin confess and repent away from that thing. Do not usually go away over night even our impulse to Sin. But always allow Jesus in your Life that He may help you with these things. You have sinned greatly? No problem. Jesus Died for all Sins. Place them in His hands. Let the Lord take them from you. He paid the price so that you would not. And that shows how much God really does Love you Amen

:pray (((Rameau))) I see you profess to be a Christian, so when you say you need Him, it's in the needing to know He's near and helping and comforting you type need, right?

You know, there's a phenomenon how that if you are in the bottom of a very deep well, and look up, even in the brightest part of the day you can see the stars! :)

Christ is the light. We don't notice the Light much until we are in the dark. Call upon Jesus, He is there. Feed your brain as much as you can with reading from the Bible... encouraging verses. If you listen to music, don't play the secular stuff (that feeds the sadness) but listen to music that worships and uplifts God. God created us as beings whose minds and bodies are so intertwined, that we can make ourselves sick by thinking...but the good part is we can also heal by the same method.

Depression is a recognized medical illness... it's real. It can be very tough. Rely upon God, dwell upon God and block the negative thoughts that will arise (I'm no good, I'll never be worth anything, I'm never going to feel better, nobody cares...) and say to yourself that "this will not last forever", "I will begin to feel better soon." "God is my strength" :heart

Back