Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

[_ Old Earth _] If humans evolved from apes, where is our tail?

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
D

Dave Slayer

If humans evolved from apes, why do women have less hair?

If humans evolved from apes, why do women have less hair on their bodies?

Re: If humans evolved from apes, why do women have less hair?

Fur or hair?

Do apes have hair?
:shrug

I can honestly say I've never met a furry woman. And no, I haven't been to Europe either :biggrin

Rick W said:
Fur or hair?

Do apes have hair?

I think apes had fur. Which means that humans should have fur if they evolved from apes. :tongue

Dave Slayer said:
[quote="Rick W":biggrin1n1998g]Fur or hair?

Do apes have hair?

I think apes had fur. Which means that humans should have fur if they evolved from apes. :tongue[/quote:biggrin1n1998g]
Chimps have hair. There are several reasons why women appear to have less hair than men (generally, they are just as 'hairy'), but the hair grows less and is generally less obvious; hormonal balances contribute to hair growth. Sexual selection probably contributes to women having less obvious body hair than men.

Dave Slayer said:
If humans evolved from apes, where is our tail?
Google coccyx.

And insofar as your question relates to apes, where are the tails of chimpanzees (our closest relatives), gorillas and orang-utans? Your question in the context of the Family Hominidae, to which humans belong, is meaningless. Did you mean to say 'monkeys'?

Gorillas nor chimps have tails. I am NOT advocating man evolving from apes. But neither of the 'great apes' or orangutangs have tails.

We did NOT come from apes. NEVER has it been shown that ANY species 'changed' from one to another. Apes are apes and humans are humans. Our DNA and theirs are DIFFERENT. And DNA are THE building blocks that determine the characteristics of a species.

Blessings,

MEC

John said:
The coccyx is simply a muscle anchor point..it is not remnants of a tail.
And your evidence for this would be what, exactly? Why are some babies born with tails, often requiring surgical removal?

human_tails_01.jpg

The coccyx is the vestigial remnants of a tail. It even has some vestigial muscles found in monkeys, which in apes are now useless, being attached to fused and immovable bones.

Occasionally, the genes that prevent the full development of our tails don't work as they normally do, and we get humans with true tails.

Minerva Pediatr. 2001 Aug;53(4):367-70.True tail dorsal-lumbar: malformation or ancestral remaining
Galizia G.
U. O. di Pediatria, ASL SA/1, Ospedale M. Scarlato di Scafati, Italy.

The case of a healthy newborn presenting a dorsal-lumbar cutaneous appendage is reported. The appendage was excised by ligature. This appendage was not associated with dysraphism or other malformations. It was analysed histologically and then defined as a so called true tail. Although it was been expressed a lot of hypotheses, the etiology of this finding remains disputed. The embryology of malformation and its non identification between known-syndromes is showed. The difference between true tails and not-true tails is discussed. The conclusion is drawn that for its clinical and histological aspect this malformation may be included in true tails.

If anyone believes their tailbone is vestigial, I will pay to have theirs removed. :biggrin

If anyone believes their tailbone is vestigial, I will pay to have theirs removed. :biggrin

A few serious misconceptions there. First, "vestigial" doesn't mean "no longer functional." It means it no longer has the original function. And it's been that way since the beginning of evolutionary theory. Darwin so regarded them that way. (he called them "rudimentary organs")

Second, surgical removal of even a vestigial organ will be painful and foolish to do for no reason.

Third, there are people born without a coccyx, and never know it unless it happens to be noticed on an X-ray. Coccygial agenesis is normally asymptomatic. In fact, even a portion of the sacrum can be missing with no symptoms.

Significant neurological deficits are associated with the high sacral malformations, but isolated coccygeal agenesis is usually asymptomatic.
http://journals.lww.com/neurosurgery/pages/default.aspx

If humans are apes, is Jesus also an ape?

If humans are apes, is Jesus also an ape?

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back