Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

If it's true disease is caused by God, then why are hunter-gatherers tribes not affected by mass disease?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

JoelSP

It seems to me that hunter-gatherers tribes aren't affected by maladies like adherents to civilization are because they aren't within the effected area of civilization's domestication of man. With domestication came mass disease, war with hierarchical, regimented armies, famine, etc. These things don't affect hunter-gatherers, and wouldn't affect holy hunter-gatherer tribes.

It seems to me that hunter-gatherers tribes aren't affected by maladies like adherents to civilization are because they aren't within the effected area of civilization's domestication of man. With domestication came mass disease, war with hierarchical, regimented armies, famine, etc. These things don't affect hunter-gatherers, and wouldn't affect holy hunter-gatherer tribes.
Another fact free claim!
I'm at a lose to know why Christians don't educate themselves with the bible and science.

As answering genesis, an organisation that promotes the bible, says, all illness etc is a consequence of sin, not a result of God inflicting illness.

Aig has also posted about the scientific discoveries that support the bible.
That is that man in many areas had advanced civilizations but that for some reason it collapsed and they fell into a hunter gather way of life.
Two examples the early missisipy based Indians, had large complex towns and villages, built large earth mounds for worship etc but collapse and reverted to hunter gathers.
Then the recent findings of complex irrigation canals under the Brazilian rain forest and large townships.

all illness etc is a consequence of sin
That is an interesting thought, and I would agree. And since God did create all things, including those tiny viruses; I'd be inclined to say such things do serve the purpose of punishing Sin.

As for the OP; your post reads more like a statement and not a question, so may be in the wrong thread. That being said; the reason "isolated peoples" aren't prone to "suffer" the same as the "civilized people" is because the "super rich" haven't decided to take their life from them yet. Rampant diabetes is partly a result of the processed food these mega-corporations require "civilized people" to purchase in grocery stores. Those mega-corporations must make more and more profits, no matter what.

Perhaps like yourself I’d question whether God’s sovereignty is misunderstood by those who blame pandemics, etc, directly on God. In the eighties a church guy asked me in a whisper whether AIDS was God’s judgement on homosexuals. I replied that it extended even to innocent babies, so unless God’s aim was off, it wasn’t aimed by him.

I’d say that sourced by God, the biosphere has evolved in such a way that not every creature will always have the upper hand. Randomness. And global travel means cross-infection of some nasties we are not immune to—Wuhan carelessly released a little something into the wild not all that long ago, which went viral.

Any society can be powerfully attacked by foreign issues, eg smallpox epidemics hitting the Comanches in 1799, 1808, and 1816 (Pekka Hämäläinen), though friendly bacteria came to our rescue in War of the Worlds. Even insular human societies aren’t exactly health resorts, for hunter-gatherers still have their indigenous health issues (see Mark A Ritchie’s Spirit of the Rainforest).

As for domestication, it can reduce the safety of isolation, and in the West has led to trash diets and ‘vaccines’ lowering immune systems. Restoring our immune systems by Vit.D is certainly a priority for most folk, as Dr. John Campbell evidences.

But you implied, mass disease among isolated populations is more what foreigners introduce. And that’s nature, not God. I don’t deny that at times God directly inflicts individuals by disease, though I would deem such to be extremely rare events.

Hey All,
Tribes that moved to where the food was, typically moved with the seasons. So nutritionally, they were eating fruits and vegetables that were in season. In general, that is usually an optimal diet. The Native American tribes usually followed the buffalo. Buffalo meat is some of the most nutritious one can eat. Supplemented with fish, their proteins were fairly lean. So cholesterol was not a concern. So diet overall was not a problem.

But the fact that they isolated themselves is the very reason they had no immunity to the diseases that European, Chinese, and others brought with them. Plus being put on reservations severely limited their hunter/gathering abilities. They had to domesticate or die.

The same thing happened to Europeans coming to America. It was being caused by their interaction with Native Americans. However, those who survived the first year, and had built up natural immunity, began to pass it on to their children.

Your topic question asks if God causes disease. If we read the first chapter of Job, we understand that God allows disease.

1 Peter 5:10-11 But the God of all grace, who hath called us unto his eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after that ye have suffered a while, make you perfect, stablish, strengthen, settle you.
To him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.

Those of us who are believers, have this promise. We will not be carrying our disease with us when we enter into eternal glory. Thank you God.

Keep walking everybody.
May God bless,
Taz

HI JoelSP

So, I'm curious. What is your solution? That we kill off 80% of the world's population so that we can get back to the point where people all over the earth can be part of hunter gatherer tribes wandering the earth?

God bless,
Ted

HI JoelSP

So, I'm curious. What is your solution? That we kill off 80% of the world's population so that we can get back to the point where people all over the earth can be part of hunter gatherer tribes wandering the earth?

God bless,
Ted
I think we should transition to a hunter-gatherers way of life without killing anyone.

I think we should transition to a hunter-gatherers way of life without killing anyone.
How do you propose we do that among the cities of Los Angelis, New York, Chicago, and the entire eastern seaboard? I think such a way of living would even be difficult in my own little small town of 80,000 folk. And really, each year we're going to move all around, what the nation, in our quest for food and feeding our flocks? Maybe it would do well for you to post exactly 'how' you see the people of our nation living as 'hunter-gatherers'. How are you defining that sort of lifestyle?

God bless,
Ted

Back