Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

If you were to go on vacation:

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
As of right now, I'd go visit Russia and the Kremlin.
They even have a Holiday Inn Express there in Moscow.

I think oriental cats are the prettiest.
Oh I agree, they are pretty. But what I like about Main Coons is their fierce loyalty, love, and devotion they tend to show to their owners. I had a mixed breed with a lot of Main Coon in him, and he was more loyal and loving to me than my ex-wife! :lol He lived for 15 years until his kidneys gave out, and I miss him more than my ex-wife! :yes

Bring me back a Main Coon kitten!

Like this?

th

For vacation, I'd like to go to Hawai'i - for obvious reasons- and Mexico, to prowl around the archaeological sites.

Like this?

th
LOL! That's a BIG one! They do tend to be big as house cats go, but that one is huge! The one I had was only part Main Coon, and whatever his other part was must have been a small cat because he turned out normal size.

But he was loyal to the death and fiercely protective of his "family". Much like a bobcat it wasn't uncommon for him to stand up to large dogs or other animals and win. He also had an uncanny 6th sense to know when he was outmatched and it was time to flee instead of fight. He would go with us while traveling extensively for months at a time in the backwoods villages of Mexico and would wander around the Mexican towns and villages on his own, but not once did he ever come back with so much as a scratch on him. (But I did hear stories a couple of times of people who tried to grab him to pick him up who ended up shedding blood!) One time the police had a report someone in a passing car threw what looked like a gun into the brush on a vacant lot next to my house, so the police were doing a K9 search. My cat chased the police dog out of the yard with his tail between his legs! I called out the window and asked the cop if he would like me to bring my cat inside, but he was so embarrassed he just said "No, that's ok" and left! Being an ex cop with lots of experience with dog searches, I KNOW he was no where near done with his search! :lol

Any one seen this vacation story

A Minnesota couple decided to vacation to Florida during the winter. They planned to stay at the very same hotel where they spent their honeymoon 20 years earlier. Because of hectic schedules, it was difficult to coordinate their travel schedules. So, the husband left Minnesota and flew to Florida on Thursday. His wife would fly down the following day.

The husband checked into the hotel. There was a computer in his room, so he decided to send an e-mail to his wife. However, he accidentally left out one letter in her e-mail address, and without realizing his error, he sent the e-mail.

Meanwhile.....somewhere in Houston, a widow had just returned home from her husband's funeral. He was a minister of many years who was called home to glory following a sudden heart attack. The widow decided to check her e-mail, expecting messages from relatives and friends. After reading the first message, she fainted.

The widow's son rushed into the room, found his mother on the floor, and saw the computer screen which read:

To: My Loving Wife
Subject: I've Arrived
Date: 16 May 2003
I know you're surprised to hear from me. They have computers here now and you are allowed to send e-mails to your loved ones. I've just arrived and have been checked in. I see that everything has been prepared for your arrival tomorrow. Looking forward to seeing you then! Hope your journey is not as uneventful as mine was.
P.S. Sure is hot down here!

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back