Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Illegitimate remarriage is an ONGOING and INTENTIONAL SIN...

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
----------

Remarriage is an absolute sin, except for one exception - a female WIDOW, that has never been divorced, may remarry a born again man that has never been married; ALL other possible combinations are a sin, which will result in eternal damnation for BOTH involved parties.

The Lord Jesus Christ says that marriage is for life, except in the case of the female widow; if you're a man, and your wife has died, or if you have been divorced, you MUST remain unmarried and celibate for the rest of your life, or you will die in your (INTENTIONAL) sins, and BOTH you, AND your illegitimate abomination of a wife, will receive onto yourselves, eternal damnation in the Lake of Fire.

If you're a divorced woman, you must remain single and celibate for the rest of your life. If you are a married woman, AND YOUR ORIGINAL HUSBAND DIES, then, and only then, may you remarry, HOWEVER, your new husband MUST 100% be a born again Christian that abides in The Lord Jesus Christ -- if any of these conditions are not met, you will earn onto yourselves, eternal damnation in the Lake of Fire, for BOTH PARTIES INVOLVED.

Additionally, it should be noted, that a man that has never been married, CANNOT marry a divorced woman, and likewise, a woman that has never been married, CANNOT marry a divorced man - if any of these forbidden combinations occur, BOTH parties involved, will earn onto themselves, eternal damnation in the Lake of Fire.

If you are in an illegitimate and unholy marriage, you MUST REPENT AND REMEDY IT IMMEDIATELY - you must immediately divorce your illegitimate abomination of a "spouse", and remain single and celibate for the rest of your life, or in the case of a woman, UNTIL YOUR ORIGINAL HUSBAND DIES -- IF YOU DO NOT DO THESE THINGS, YOU WILL *B-O-T-H* RECEIVE ONTO YOURSELVES, ETERNAL DAMNATION IN THE LAKE OF FIRE...

Adultery is a sin, and anyone that remarries outside of the rules ordained by The Lord Jesus Christ, COMMITS ADULTERY, which is an INTENTIONAL SIN - YOU ARE INTENTIONALLY SINNING ALL OF THE TIME, 24/7, AS LONG AS YOU REMAIN IN AN ILLEGITIMATE MARRIAGE -- if the rapture happens, you will be left behind, and if you die, you will go straight to Hell.

There is a piece of scripture in Matthew 5:32, which is parallel to Luke 16:18, but with the addition of "...saving for the cause of fornication...", which SEEMS to say (my own interpretation) that an exception can be made for cases where the husband, after getting married, finds out that his wife wasn't a virgin, but I believe that this is an extremely rare case -- if a man finds himself in this situation, I'd recommend that he pray about it heavily, and then do what God's Holy Spirit has told him to do. I feel that Matthew 5:32 is a confusing piece of scripture, and some people would argue that it refers to an exception being made for an unfaithful wife, but I disagree with them; if you look at the scripture, the word used is "fornication", which is similar to "adultery", except "fornication" happens before people are married, which leads me to believe that the scripture is referring to an exception being made for a wife that lied about being a virgin. Thus being said, it is my opinion that it would be far safer to NOT remarry in the above scenario, but the choice is up to you; why risk damnation?

Lastly, it should be noted, that CELIBATE means CELIBATE - fornication with one's self is an INTENTIONAL SIN, as well as an abomination; the born again Christian should not forget that The Holy Spirit of God lives inside them -- anyone that defiles God's temple will be destroyed.

----------

Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you? If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are.

1 Corinthians 3:16-17

----------

Flee fornication. Every sin that a man doeth is without the body; but he that committeth fornication sinneth against his own body. What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own? For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's.

1 Corinthians 6:18-20

----------

Whosoever putteth away his wife, and marrieth another, committeth adultery: and whosoever marrieth her that is put away from her husband committeth adultery.

Luke 16:18

----------

But I say unto you, That whosoever shall put away his wife, saving for the cause of fornication, causeth her to commit adultery: and whosoever shall marry her that is divorced committeth adultery.

Matthew 5:32

----------

I say therefore to the unmarried and widows, It is good for them if they abide even as I. But if they cannot contain, let them marry: for it is better to marry than to burn.

1 Corinthians 7:8-9

----------

The wife is bound by the law as long as her husband liveth; but if her husband be dead, she is at liberty to be married to whom she will; only in the Lord.

1 Corinthians 7:39

----------

For a whore is a deep ditch; and a strange woman is a narrow pit.

She also lieth in wait as for a prey, and increaseth the transgressors among men.

Proverbs 23:27-28

----------

Ye have heard that it was said by them of old time, Thou shalt not commit adultery: But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart.

Matthew 5:27-28

----------

Marriage is honourable in all, and the bed undefiled: but whoremongers and adulterers God will judge.

Hebrews 13:4

----------

And why call ye me, Lord, Lord, and do not the things which I say?

Luke 6:46

----------

And being made perfect, he became the author of eternal salvation unto all them that obey him;

Hebrews 5:9

----------

Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

Matthew 7:21

----------

Them that sin rebuke before all, that others also may fear.

1 Timothy 5:20

----------

Behold, all souls are mine; as the soul of the father, so also the soul of the son is mine: the soul that sinneth, it shall die.

Ezekiel 18:4

----------

Stop sinning, or go to the Lake of Fire...

----------

Except for your take on Matthew 5:32, I closely agree with what else you posted. Though ...........Divorce is a very damaging activity and telling people to repeat this damage to "make things right" is questionable at best.

Remarriage is an absolute sin, except for one exception - a female WIDOW, that has never been divorced, may remarry a born again man that has never been married; ALL other possible combinations are a sin, which will result in eternal damnation for BOTH involved parties.

So if a man's wife runs off with another man, he can not remarry, or he will go to hell?

Please provide a scripture that says a man can not remarry, if he divorces his wife for adultery.

JLB

So if a man's wife runs off with another man, he can not remarry, or he will go to hell?

Please provide a scripture that says a man can not remarry, if he divorces his wife for adultery.

JLB

I've provided everything that God wanted me to say - feel free to make your own choices.

1 Corinthians 7:10, Jesus commands the woman not to leave her husband and if she does she should remain unmarried, but in Malachi 2:10-16 the treachery that man commits against a woman which leads him to have an affair outside of the marriage or abuses the wife whether it be physical or emotional gives place to what was said by Moses in Deuteronomy 24:1-4 that if a woman is no longer pleasing to her husband then the husband should give his wife a written bill of divorcement and send her out of the house and this gives the woman the right to marry again, but she can never go back to her former husband if that marriage does not work out or her husband dies for now she is defiled to be with her first husband and this is an abomination to God.

For a good marriage to work one should study 2 Corinthians 6:14 be ye not unequally yoked together with non-believers for what fellowship hath righteous with unrighteous, and what communion has light with darkness. If you are a believer in Jesus Christ then you need to choose a mate that also believes in the faith of Christ. In some marriages people do not enter into a relationship with Christ being the center of it, but maybe one of them come to know the Lord and the other one refuses to have that personal relationship with Christ then we go back to what 1 Corinthians 7:12-16 says. If the unbelieving partner leaves the believing partner then this frees the believing partner from the bondage of the vows of marriage and they are free to marry again.​

ALL other possible combinations are a sin, which will result in eternal damnation for BOTH involved parties.

Interesting, apparently one's salvation does not rest upon faith in Jesus but upon the ' work ' of remaining married, or if divorced single.

So are unbelieving but married pagans saved because of there marriage?

What of the ,rare, case of bigamy, is the third party dammed because she married an already married man?

If marriage is the deciding factor what about those who have never married?

I agree with you that divorcees (both male and female) must not remarry or have sexual relations for the rest of their lives (my brother fits this category) (except for those who divorce because of the sexual immorality of their spouse (my sister fits this category).
I agree with you that there is much sexual and marital immorality in the world today.

But I cannot agree with you that widowers (men who have lost their wives to death) are held to a separate standard than widows. As 1 Cor 7:9 says, "But I say to the unmarried and to the widows: It is good for them if they remain even as I am; 9 but if they cannot exercise self-control, let them marry. For it is better to marry than to burn with passion."

I was married to my first wife for 14 years. When she died I became "unmarried" because I was released from the oaths I swore to her; to be faithful to her (Rom 7:2-3 - I believe this applies equally to the man as to the woman), and was then free to marry again. Rom 7:2-3 is being used as an example of the freedom we have from the Law (of Moses) because of Jesus' death, and our partaking in His death during baptism (Rom 6:1-14). So I am sinless in remarriage, because I was released from the "Law" that bound me to my first wife, and thus qualified as "unmarried" according to 1 Cor 7:9, and it is better for me to marry again, than to burn with passion for what I had but could not have again without remarriage.

Luke 11:46
But He said, “Woe to you lawyers as well! For you weigh men down with burdens hard to bear, while you yourselves will not even touch the burdens with one of your fingers.

Acts 15:28
For it seemed good to the Holy Spirit and to us to lay upon you no greater burden than these essentials:

Yes, divorce without proper biblical grounds is sinful. But saying what has been expressed here falls into the category of what our Lord commanded against: Adding burdens that should not be there.

As to the OP, I would add that an illegitimate first marriage is an on going sin.
Leviticus 18 has a whole list of illegitimate marriage partners.

I believe that we can intentionally sin by getting remarried. Unless the person is being cheated on they should not remarry according to the bible.

Back