Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• Wearing the right shoes, and properly clothed spiritually?

Join Elected By Him for a devotional on Ephesians 6:14-15

https://christianforums.net/threads/devotional-selecting-the-proper-shoes.109094/

I'm looking for a name to early church document

Didache as Who Me said above . I believe that is what you seek .

Early Christian History: Studies — Didache, or Teachings of the Twelve Apostles

Why Haven’t I Heard of Didache Before?

There are two main reasons modern Christians (and in fact, the vast majority of all Christians who’ve ever lived) don’t know about this document. The main one is that, by the 4th century, “literalist” Christians had decided it was not sacred scripture. The second is that, while documents of its genre were written early in Christianity’s history, they fell out of favor within a couple centuries. In the wake of Christianity becoming a hierarchical, even bureaucratic institution, there was little need for such documents any longer.

Give to everybody who begs from you, and ask for no return." For the Father wants his own gifts to be universally shared. Happy is the man who gives as the commandment bids him, for he is guiltless! But alas for the man who receives! If he receives because he is in need, he will be guiltless. But if he is not in need he will have to stand trial why he received and for what purpose. He will be thrown into prison and have his action investigated; and "he will not get out until he has paid back the last cent." 6 Indeed, there is a further saying that relates to this: "Let your donation sweat in your hands until you know to whom to give it." DIDACHE 1:5-6

"Let your donation sweat in your hands until you know to whom to give it."
Had a great uncle and if he had a disagreement with the pastor at the time he would withhold his tithes , he would throw his tithes in an old trunk .When a new pastor came along that my great uncle was ok with that pastor would get the contents of the trunk . My great uncle left instructions in his will about what to do with his trunk money :) .

Back