Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Prayer __] i'm lost. pray for me.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

broken777

hello i am new here. i have been having a terrible tough time dealing with a breakup. i am feeling numb and cold at times. i love her dearly. we had planned a life together but i lost her due to her illness. she is suffering from major depression due to a previous abusive relationship. she has lost all faith in men and viewed me as the same as the others.
i have been praying for wisdom on how to deal with this but i have not gotten an answer yet. at times i feel that the Lord has forgotten me or is ignoring me. i cry daily at night before i leave work and after i leave work. i feel the devil has taken her away from me so that i may blaspheme the Lord. i pray that i never do that. i all i have is the Lord now and nothing else. i do not care about the things that brought me pleasure in life.
i started to cut my body when the relationship was going bad. now that she is gone i feel like slicing my wrists or driving into an 18wheeler. this frightens me heavily. i have never had these thoughts before. i have never cheated on her or been unfaithful to her in any way but the devil convinced her otherwise.
i feel that i need her back and i want her back, but i know if the Lord has other plans for me than there is nothing i can do about it.
please pray that i can come through this. pray that if we were meant to be together than the Lord will make it so and if were not to be than that he would take my extreme sadness and cold numbing pain away.
i still give thanks to the Lord daily and i still praise him.
God bless you. :crying

Oh Man , so sorry to hear what you're going through .... I will pray for you .... :pray :pray

If she is a Christian, and it's God will for you to be together, He will somehow bring her back to you in His perfect timing.

Resist cutting your body, slicing your wrist or anything else that you'll regret later ... it's not at all God's will, for you are the temple of God and body of Christ (1 Corinthians 3:16 , 6:19) , and Christ lives in you (Galatians 2:20). Choose to honour God by living right before Him and He will honour you back. Understand that you have the mind of Christ (1 Corinthians 2:16) and you must take your thoughts captive to the obedience to Christ (2 Corinthians 10:5). Even if she is a Christian, maybe God has someone else for you. In everything surrender your desires to God and let Him take control, for He works all things for good for those who love Him (Romans 8:28). Allow the Holy Spirit to transform you through renewal of your mind so that you will know and appreciate His good, pleasing and perfect will for you (Romans 12:2). You can do ALL things through Christ Who strengthens you (Philippians 4:13).

Praying for you ... God bless !

Get out of the house, look for volunteer jobs, DO THINGS for other people, stop
obsessing on her.
Get your mind busy on helping others, look for a local Ronald McDonald house, volunteer,
call your local homeless shelter, drive your car there, as soon as you can, and help with the cleaning,
the meals, or whereever they need you.
Stop being mad, use those feelings to be mad at the devil, and how he steals from others.
Give your time, and talent, to people who are hurting. HELP OTHERS.

broken777 said:
hello i am new here. i have been having a terrible tough time dealing with a breakup. i am feeling numb and cold at times. i love her dearly. we had planned a life together but i lost her due to her illness. she is suffering from major depression due to a previous abusive relationship. she has lost all faith in men and viewed me as the same as the others.
i have been praying for wisdom on how to deal with this but i have not gotten an answer yet. at times i feel that the Lord has forgotten me or is ignoring me. i cry daily at night before i leave work and after i leave work. i feel the devil has taken her away from me so that i may blaspheme the Lord. i pray that i never do that. i all i have is the Lord now and nothing else. i do not care about the things that brought me pleasure in life.
i started to cut my body when the relationship was going bad. now that she is gone i feel like slicing my wrists or driving into an 18wheeler. this frightens me heavily. i have never had these thoughts before. i have never cheated on her or been unfaithful to her in any way but the devil convinced her otherwise.
i feel that i need her back and i want her back, but i know if the Lord has other plans for me than there is nothing i can do about it.
please pray that i can come through this. pray that if we were meant to be together than the Lord will make it so and if were not to be than that he would take my extreme sadness and cold numbing pain away.
i still give thanks to the Lord daily and i still praise him.
God bless you. :crying

Oh man. I truely feel for you. I know what a horrible feeling that is. This is a Bible verse that I came across once, and it really spoke to me. It can help you too. John 16:32-33 "Yet I am not alone because the Father is with me. I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrow. But take heart, because I have overcome the world". Please think of this verse whenever you are feeling at your worst. My heart goes out to you. You are in my prayers.

thank you guys for your prayers. i am feeling a little better and i know it takes time to heal. it just hurts so bad being without her yet i feel now that this is Gods plan for me. i know that i am not alone as long as i trust in the Lord, yet i still miss that physical presence. thank you and God bless. :pray

I know the exact feeling you are going through. I almost lost my husband over drugs, on my part though, I relapsed. I thought that I could never get clean again if he stayed gone and that scared me, so I thought about suicide. Luckily, with the help of GOD I did pick myself back up and got clean off of drugs fast and I got my husband back and have been doing good ever since.
But I know that feeling of pain inside. I know it hurts really bad. Whatever you do, don't try to isolate yourself, try to associate as much as you can with your Christian brothers and sisters and use them for support. Ask GOD to comfort you and soothe that painful feeling, and he will. Remember, God loves you and he knows what you are going through, he hasn't forgotten you.

once again i would like to say thanks to everyone praying for me. this is the second night i have not cried myself to sleep. i feel 10 times better now due to the Lord intervening in my time of hopelessness and despair. i don't feel as lonely as before just knowing that my Master is with me.
praise be to God and God bless you all :amen

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back