Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

I'm Me and Not You

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00

John S

Hello. My name is John. I live in eastern Pennsylvania. This is not my first Christian forum - but hopefully, this is the best one. (I haven't been thrown off any of the others YET).
Just like I don't hide my name, I don't hide my opinions. Most people disagree with my opinions because they tend to be unusual. Don't worry - they are NOT atheistic - just different. I formed them by reading the Bible by myself. No minister, priest, pastor, or whoever told me how to think. I formed my own ideas.
For example, as far as Eschatology (End Times) is concerned, I don't believe in any of the isms. Virtually every idea that I have about the future was formed by reading the Bible and coming up with the ideas that I consider to be correct. Of course, time will tell if I'm right or not. Oh YES - The future and not the past.
Most of you will disagree with what I have to say and, unfortunately, a few of you will be offended because I don't follow many of the mainstream ideas - many of which that I consider to be wrong.

So that's me. I'm not going to go into great detail at this point because it would take too long but you will see my opinions to determine for yourself just how different my opinions are from yours - or how close.

Thank You for reading this.

Greetings and welcome to CF.net

Over the years we have seen some unusual ideas come across our site. We allow different opinions and positions from our members as long as they are able to stand behind it with Scripture and they do not violate our Terms of Service which can be found here http://www.christianforums.net/announcement.php?f=64&a=6. So read that over and we look forward to seeing you out there on the forums..

God Bless

Most people disagree with my opinions because they tend to be unusual

I formed them by reading the Bible by myself. No minister, priest, pastor, or whoever told me how to think. I formed my own ideas.

Welcome and let's see, I reckon the proof is in the pudding. :)

So you didn't learn from Jesus or Paul?

Jesus Christ was a minister.

Jesus is our high priest.

That I (Paul) should be the minister of Jesus Christ to the Gentiles.

Of course the epistles Paul wrote were to minister.

Them receiving the epistles were called ministers.

As to ISM's, are you talking of the following?

Blessings in Christ Jesus. :wave

http://bible.org/illustration/meaning-isms
1. Humanism says, “Isn’t man wonderful!â€
2. Hedonism says, “Isn’t sin wonderful!â€
3. Materialism says, “Isn’t money wonderful!â€
4. Relativism says, “If it’s wonderful for you, that’s wonderful!â€
5. Pragmatism says, “If it works, it’s wonderful!â€
6. Universalism says, “There are no differences.â€
7. Ecumenicism says, “Overlook the differences.â€
8. Syncretismsays, “Mix up all the differences.â€

Donations

Total amount