Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Prayer __] in desperate need of prayer/help

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
L

ladymarine24

hello, all.
This whole thing is new to me (and I'm new to this site). I just have reached the point of need and can't gain what I need from the world (much as I'd hoped and tried).
Here's a little background on me. I'm a believer who was on fire as a youth and spritually mature far beyond my years. I had assumed God was going to send me straight from high school into the ministry, and when I didnt see that happen, I got angry with God, and chose my own path for my life. One step away took me on a path that 6 years later, I'm still trying to rectify. One of the consequences of my rebellion is that I took on an eating disorder. That, perhaps, is the main reason and need for prayer in escaping. I feel I'm at the point where I've worked through the psychological issues, but really feel the spiritual stronghold it has had on me. I don't know how to break it! Please pray for me and that I will receive true and lasting deliverance from the disease/manifestation.
Secondly, my rebellion led me into a marriage that was not God-ordained. I compromised all that I had determined to set aside for what and whom God had for me. Even in my ignorance, God delivered me from that "wrong" marriage (while I hate divorce, God gives 2 reasons where he allows it. my situation included both, and I believe in spite of our sin, God is merciful). I'm 24, soon to be 25, and have been trying to "get back" to my passionate pursuit and life for God. I wonder, though, if my current circumstances (the eating disorder and singleness) and necessary consequences of my sins. ? While I believe God wants all his children well, and whole, I pray and hope that I have not gone too far, sinned too much, or am disqualified of the life in Christ that I once believed was before me (i.e. ministry, health, happiness, God-led and ordained marriage and children).
So I guess I'm asking for advice, support, PRAYER, and an outside perspective. Maybe even a testimony of one who has been through something similar.
Also, in my attempts to re-dedicate, etc., any advice or pointers there? I always start off with the best intentions, but my work (military) is a spiritual battlefield with little or no fellow believers. How do i make it?
Thanks to all who read and offer their kindness.
Shalom

I sent you a pm. God Bless.

Rosalee Decker
This is the Day that the Lord has made;we shall rejoice & be glad in it

I can assure you that you haven't gone too far or sinned to much to still become the woman God wanted you to be. I know that sometimes the bible stories such as the prodigal son seem a bit tame compared to what we in the modern world do, but nonetheless the story is to remind all of us that God will always welcome us back. As long as you are seeking after Him, He will embrace you. Singleness isn't a consequence of your sin, although it may very well be in God's plan for you, until you are ready to take on the responsibilities of being a wife and mom. When you are ready, and if it is still your heart's desire, then you can still hope for God to bless you in that way. I know a little about this, because I didn't marry until I was 38. Long wait, but in God's good time, I did marry and now have a wonderful husband and two great kids and am so glad that God had me wait until He brought them along.

I cannot speak regarding the eating disorder, except to encourage you to remain disciplined, and to increase your spiritual walk via prayer and meditation upon God's word.

The military is a tough spot for spiritual growth, but when you can, you can always log on to place like here or other Christian sites to gain encouragement. You might want to contact The Navigators, I know that they have a good ministry for those in the military. The organization was founded as a way to help military Christians gain fellowship while serving.

I'll certainly be praying that all goes well for you.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back