Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Prayer __] In need of healing...

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

handy

I have been sick, pretty much since Christmas day, with pneumonia. The pneumonia hasn't been severe enough to put me in the hospital or even keep me from performing necessary duties....I've been getting the kids back and forth to school and to appointments, sort of keeping up on the housework, make sure everyone has clean clothes and doing my part-time job...but, I've had to do this all while coughing horribly, sometimes to the point of throwing up, and I haven't been able to sleep all that well, because I really cannot lay down. As soon as I do, my lungs and bronchial tubes just fill with fluid. I've been up almost all night long for more nights than I can remember, and tend to just take naps on our recliner.

So, I'm just exhausted. I've only made it to church maybe three or four times since Christmas, and I miss church, but, I just have no energy to do much beyond what is strictly necessary to get through a day, nor do I want to be a distraction to the congregation with the severe coughing that I am experiencing.

Yes, I have gone to the doctor's several times, and get put on medication...and as soon as the medication is finished, I get it right back again.

I had felt pretty good, like I was getting over this for the past two days or so, then yesterday it hit me again and I was up coughing until almost 6:00am...

So, I'm asking if y'all will pray for me. I'm also going to talk with my pastor and ask if he will anoint me with oil and prayer.

I will pray for you, Handy. I always say - life can throw anything at me and I will deal with it - provided I had enough sleep. Sleep deprivation is horrific. Your body won't be able to heal if it is exhausted all the time.

Good luck, my friend.

have you asked them to check allergies and or asthma?

lord, i ask for a miracle and that you heal this women. in your name.

I have been sick, pretty much since Christmas day, with pneumonia. The pneumonia hasn't been severe enough to put me in the hospital or even keep me from performing necessary duties....I've been getting the kids back and forth to school and to appointments, sort of keeping up on the housework, make sure everyone has clean clothes and doing my part-time job...but, I've had to do this all while coughing horribly, sometimes to the point of throwing up, and I haven't been able to sleep all that well, because I really cannot lay down. As soon as I do, my lungs and bronchial tubes just fill with fluid. I've been up almost all night long for more nights than I can remember, and tend to just take naps on our recliner.

So, I'm just exhausted. I've only made it to church maybe three or four times since Christmas, and I miss church, but, I just have no energy to do much beyond what is strictly necessary to get through a day, nor do I want to be a distraction to the congregation with the severe coughing that I am experiencing.

Yes, I have gone to the doctor's several times, and get put on medication...and as soon as the medication is finished, I get it right back again.

I had felt pretty good, like I was getting over this for the past two days or so, then yesterday it hit me again and I was up coughing until almost 6:00am...

So, I'm asking if y'all will pray for me. I'm also going to talk with my pastor and ask if he will anoint me with oil and prayer.
We are standing with you on your healing, Handy. In Jesus' name... I cant answer why some get healed other' do not. All I know is that God has all of the answers. Maybe he is using you as a witnessing tool to all the docs and nurses :) Praying for you, Handy. Try vics on you chest, and in a hot bath in the meantime. Also, if you are near a Whole Foods, try Zyflamend. It is a natural anti inflammatory that helped me greatly.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back