Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Prayer __] In need of prayers to help me forgive.

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$905.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Hello, everyone.

I'm asking for prayers. My family and I were severely wronged nearly 2 years ago by a family friend. The situation is over, but I find myself still very bitter and angry that it all happened to begin with. I have been trying to forgive the person, but I have been unable to do so. So, I am asking for prayers that I might finally be able to forgive and move forward with my life.

Thank you.

You are in my prayers, ksabljakovic. The bitterness and inability to forgive is a toxic poison to your system, and you most definitely do not have need of that!

Psalms is a beautiful and reassuring book in the Bible to which to turn during the trials of forgiving and forgetting. And as you turn the entire situation, feelings and all, to our Lord, pray for the well-being of the person who caused the woes - and be sincere about the prayers for that person.

Our Lord will hear your prayers; He listens when we seek Him. He is always with us!

Blessings!

Thank you for the prayers, and Eugene, I read the story you posted. It makes sense, and I will make a commitment to do the same. I feel much like the man did in the beginning. I don't want to pray for her, but I don't want the weight of my own bitterness and anger to weigh me down. I have tried to get through this on my own, but I need help. I know that all things are possible with God!

I can see from your last post that Eugene has given you something like I'm going to say. I had this same problem a few years ago. I started praying for that person. Nothing long and draw out. Just short and sweet, Lord please be with them, bless and keep them. That was it pretty much. Soon all the bitterness just disappeared. I'm still not happy about the issue but I can sincerely say I have forgiven them. What a relief that was!
Blessings

You guys...I cannot thank you enough for the prayers. I began praying for God to bless her, even though I didn't really mean it at first. But I'm starting.to now. I feel a peace like I haven't had in a while. God is so good. Thanks again for the prayers. It means so much to me.

God's love surrounds us at all times. And He truly listens when we pray; He knows our hearts. God's grace is so wonderful!

Prayers continue for you, my friend, and I praise our Lord for the blessings He's bestowing upon you!

I think it is wonderful you are beginning to find peace about this person. I am going to remember this if someone tells me they are bitter and filled with hate towards someone. I know God will answer the prayer to bless an enemy, especially when it means forgiveness for that person for us.

Back