Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

In Search of Messianics

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

Rockytopva

I have begun the thread in search of the Messianics here...

In researching the times of the first congregation it is hard not to run into the historian Josephus. Flavius Josephus... Who was he?

1. A Messianic Jew?
2. A Jewish traitor turned historian?
3. Only out for himself?

To me it is very obvious that the Apostle Paul was coming into a very different congregation during his visits to Israel...

17 And when we were come to Jerusalem, the brethren received us gladly.
18 And the day following Paul went in with us unto James; and all the elders were present.
19 And when he had saluted them, he declared particularly what things God had wrought among the Gentiles by his ministry.
20 And when they heard it, they glorified the Lord, and said unto him, Thou seest, brother, how many thousands of Jews there are which believe; and they are all zealous of the law:
21 And they are informed of thee, that thou teachest all the Jews which are among the Gentiles to forsake Moses, saying that they ought not to circumcise their children, neither to walk after the customs. - Acts 21

"Thou seest, brother, how many thousands of Jews there are which believe; and they are all zealous of the law:" - Acts 21:20

I wonder what happened to that Messianic congregation which were thousands in numbers?
Did they disappear all together after the Jewish-Roman wars?
Are they reforming here in this last day?

I have a Jewish friend that I attend a Wednesday morning bible study with. I would not have known he was Messianic until I asked about the Messianics and was told, "you are sitting right next to one!" This brother will attend our Bible study with much theological insight. He told me there was a Messianic congregation that meets in Roanoke but I am thinking they only do so out of fellowship with no organized church congregation. It looks like, though, historically, that the most primitive form of the first congegation is in Ethiopia along with the Ark of the Covenant as told by Leonard Nimoy...

Hello Rockytopva.
I knew a Jewish believer who taught me how Jesus the Messiah showed the love of our Father by doing good to people who hated him, as God does every day,

for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust. Mt.5:45

My Jewish friend also celebrated the feasts, as they reminded him of Jesus.
I'm not sure if all "messianic" Jews believe the same thing, but that guy sure taught me a lot.

Hello Rockytopva.
I knew a Jewish believer who taught me how Jesus the Messiah showed the love of our Father by doing good to people who hated him, as God does every day,

for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust. Mt.5:45

My Jewish friend also celebrated the feasts, as they reminded him of Jesus.
I'm not sure if all "messianic" Jews believe the same thing, but that guy sure taught me a lot.
Thanks for the input... And God bless my friend!

Back