Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

[_ Old Earth _] Insects & Plants

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00

John

Thread started from a joke on another thread, but then i thought about the joke.

How come there is no transitions in either line? insects or plants.

Evolutionists just can't touch these hard hitting questions ;-) . What are they going to say, that fossilization is a process requiring various highly unlikely scenarios that is only made exponentially more unlikely by the nature of insect/plant bodies? Or that the enormous variety of insects and plants makes the nature of transitions and relation to previous plants/insects extremely hard to pin down with precision? Or will they just link to various examples of plants undergoing speciation that have already been debunked by 19 year olds on the Internet anyway? Either way, the responses are Jesus-less and thus void. 8-)

jwu said:
How about Runcaria and Melittosphex burmensis for plants and insects, respectively?
Runcaria was the supposed "first" seed plant. based on the dating methods used. But in reality it was just "a" seed plant. nothing special about it.

Personally i believe that all plants were made on one day, :wink:

Melittosphex burmensis looks just like a bee to me.

johnmuise said:
Runcaria was the supposed "first" seed plant. based on the dating methods used. But in reality it was just "a" seed plant. nothing special about it.

Personally i believe that all plants were made on one day, :wink:

Ok, where's your evidence that all plant life on Earth was formed on one day besides the Bible?

Show evidence that seed plants were around before the late Devonian. Show evidence of flowering plants appearing before the Cretaceous period.

johnmuise said:
Melittosphex burmensis looks just like a bee to me.

I'm sorry, I didn't know you had a background in biology. Because according to the people that did the actual research:
"It is not related to any existing bee family. M. burmensis has some anatomical features similar to those of flesh-eating wasps, including the shape of its hind legs, but also some features of pollen-spreading bees, such as branched hairs on the body. The bee's head is heart-shaped."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Melittosphex

And a Deer and wolf both have 4 legs, this proves that dogs evolved into deer or vise versa.

Cows and horses have hooves, wow more proof of evolution.

*sic* yes and i fail :crazyeyes: lmfao

johnmuise said:
And a Deer and wolf both have 4 legs, this proves that dogs evolved into deer or vise versa.

Yes, you fail if you actually think that's how science works. Your understanding of the scientific theory you vehemently oppose is very bad. Your little examples prove that. And whenever you are shown something transitional, you frantically back away and deny.

jmm9683 said:
johnmuise said:

Yes, you fail if you actually think that's how science works. Your understanding of the scientific theory you vehemently oppose is very bad. Your little examples prove that. And whenever you are shown something transitional, you frantically back away and deny.

Yes i do back away from bad science. call it a reflex

Tell me then, how does "science" provide light in this dark topic?

Please note comparative anatomy proves nothing.

johnmuise said:
jmm9683 said:
johnmuise said:

Yes i do back away from bad science. call it a reflex

Tell me then, how does "science" provide light in this dark topic?

Please note comparative anatomy proves nothing.

Deny, deny, deny. It should be the creationist motto.

johnmuise said:
jmm9683 said:
johnmuise said:
Then you have no proof of transitions ?

Maybe your the one in denial.

Too many to list, keep denying it though:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_tr ... al_fossils

Stop diverting from the topic at hand.

You haven't provided any evidence against the first couple examples. But here's another, the termite Mastotermes darwiniensis. Termites evolved from cockroaches, and this particular species has many cockroach-like characteristics:

* large size (other termites are much smaller)
* expanded pronotum ("shield" on the first thoracic segment, reduced in other termites)
* hind wings with an expanded anal fan (absent in other termites)
* ovipositor present (absent in all other termites)
* eggs laid in oothecae (clusters in a membrane-enclosed capsule; other termites lay solitary eggs)
* feet with 5 tarsal segments (all other termites have 4)
* harbor endosymbiotic bacterium Blattabacterium, a genus found in cockroaches but not other termites

You haven't provided any evidence against the first couple examples.

Because there is no evidance supporting the claim that hey were transitions.
Termites evolved from cockroaches
:smt043

* large size (other termites are much smaller)
Just a variant. big dogs little dogs.
* expanded pronotum ("shield" on the first thoracic segment, reduced in other termites)
See above
* hind wings with an expanded anal fan (absent in other termites)
This means its simply a different kind of termite. or different insect all together

* ovipositor present (absent in all other termites)
See above
* eggs laid in oothecae (clusters in a membrane-enclosed capsule; other termites lay solitary eggs)
See above.
* feet with 5 tarsal segments (all other termites have 4)
Neat! See above.

* harbor endosymbiotic bacterium Blattabacterium, a genus found in cockroaches but not other termites

Your point ?

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back