Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Intepreting Homosexuality - Strange

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Just massaging scripture to fit social desire instead of the other way around.
Nothing new there.

Potluck said:
Just massaging scripture to fit social desire instead of the other way around.
Nothing new there.

That's what I thought, too. She cited the "clobber passages" and then "all of a sudden" they don't mean that, they mean this instead.

Funny thing is, if passages in the bible as clearly condoned homosexuality, it would be taken literally enough instead of reinterpreted.

So, I guess that means if we don't agree with the passages, then we must be interpreting them wrongly and we have to dig very deep to make them fit the opposite of what they appear to be saying. On the other hand, if we agree, then we take it at its word and the bible study is done for the day. :-D

Well, I am sick of this constant haranguing on homosexuality. Isn't there anything else to talk about? It gets boring after awhile. There have always been homosexuals and there always will be homosexuals. Enough already.

*Steve must have went to the Halloween Parade in Manhattan... that's where they all hang out* :-D

I'm against all sins listed in the Bible.
That includes homosexuality, witchcraft, lying, coveting, eating blood, hating your brother,
being a false preacher.....all of that.

I was saying I was tired of the editing that goes on in many pro-homosexual congregations, of the bible.

And the way a lot of preachers leave out preaching about hell, judgement, and sin, and penalty for sin.
And, I'm tired of listening to certain religions say that God is only love, and would never send anyone to hell.
(And, I'm REAL tired of calvinists. Their doctrine boils down to being one of no human responsiblity)

Steve said:
There is no life west of the Hudson River.
We all caught the NYC disease and died off... unfortunately the rats and street urchins that spread it to us from the east side of the river are immune. :-D

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back