Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Prayer __] Intimacy, fire, and direction

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

YosefHayim

I'm making it a plan to focus on the bible and set aside distractions for 3 days. I'm just going to read the bible and pray. Because I think I'm at a point where I'm burnt out. So this is what I ask for prayers for.

A growth in intimacy with the Lord Jesus Christ
I want to get closer to the Lord Jesus Christ each day. I don't want to serve him with lip-service. Jesus told a parable of two sons. One said "I'll do," but didn't. The other said "I will not," but did. I want to be that son that said "I will not" and did the will of the father. Rather than the one who gave lip service then bailed out. I want to hear the voice of my good shepherd who is the Lord Jesus Christ clearer than water. I am his sheep. And I want to be a better friend.

Direction
I don't know what to do or think. I'm greatly encumbered by the dull and monotonous entrapment of the job that I work. I'm thankful to have provision. But money makes me sick. It robs people while they are transfixed by the illusion of contrary gain. I work late at night which really screws everything up. I sometimes think of getting back into art, but it's pointless. It's a wasted talent, because I don't have enough time to get motivated. But more so I'd rather use the only time I have to learn. But that doesn't get breath either. I know you don't eat if you don't work. But I see people work to be eaten.

Fire
I know God put a flame in me, otherwise I would not desire to do his will. But I need him to throw some fuel in. I want this flame to grow greater. I want God to do his good pleasure through me. God finishes what he started, thus I know he is not done with me 'til he wipes the tears off my eyes and I dwell in his presence in the righteousness, joy, and peace of everlasting life along with the rest of the saints redeemed by the blood of the Messiah. But I don't want to keep this great gift all to myself. I want the fire that pushes me to share the Gospel with others. As I spoke of the son who said he wouldn't, but did; Jeremiah is another I'd like to be like. For likewise, he when he didn't want to prophesy, the fire grew with in him and he couldn't help but to speak the message of God. I want to proclaim the Gospel with boldness, righteousness, pure love, and pure peace.

Pursuing the will of God should be our lifelong ambition, but it is Him that works His perfect will in us. It is written, and that is exactly where we find His will for our lives as He uses that to conform us into the very image of Christ. In Christ, everything we are is not by chance, even the work He supplies to us, and He seeks a people to reign with Him as joint-heirs which endure as they grow in grace and knowledge of Him. Patiently keep His word and watch for the deliverance available as the result of a life lived for and with Him. In our lives lived for Him we can glorify Him, and one day we will be glorified with Him.

I'm praying for you dear brother in Christ.

I'm making it a plan to focus on the bible and set aside distractions for 3 days. I'm just going to read the bible and pray. Because I think I'm at a point where I'm burnt out. So this is what I ask for prayers for.

A growth in intimacy with the Lord Jesus Christ
I want to get closer to the Lord Jesus Christ each day. I don't want to serve him with lip-service. Jesus told a parable of two sons. One said "I'll do," but didn't. The other said "I will not," but did. I want to be that son that said "I will not" and did the will of the father. Rather than the one who gave lip service then bailed out. I want to hear the voice of my good shepherd who is the Lord Jesus Christ clearer than water. I am his sheep. And I want to be a better friend.

Direction
I don't know what to do or think. I'm greatly encumbered by the dull and monotonous entrapment of the job that I work. I'm thankful to have provision. But money makes me sick. It robs people while they are transfixed by the illusion of contrary gain. I work late at night which really screws everything up. I sometimes think of getting back into art, but it's pointless. It's a wasted talent, because I don't have enough time to get motivated. But more so I'd rather use the only time I have to learn. But that doesn't get breath either. I know you don't eat if you don't work. But I see people work to be eaten.

Fire
I know God put a flame in me, otherwise I would not desire to do his will. But I need him to throw some fuel in. I want this flame to grow greater. I want God to do his good pleasure through me. God finishes what he started, thus I know he is not done with me 'til he wipes the tears off my eyes and I dwell in his presence in the righteousness, joy, and peace of everlasting life along with the rest of the saints redeemed by the blood of the Messiah. But I don't want to keep this great gift all to myself. I want the fire that pushes me to share the Gospel with others. As I spoke of the son who said he wouldn't, but did; Jeremiah is another I'd like to be like. For likewise, he when he didn't want to prophesy, the fire grew with in him and he couldn't help but to speak the message of God. I want to proclaim the Gospel with boldness, righteousness, pure love, and pure peace.

:amen

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back