Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Bible Study Is America about to be judged?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

JohnD

Or has God been doing so already?

And to what degree does this reflect our effectiveness / ineffectiveness as Christian witnesses?

...as keepers of the Word of God?

...as carnal believers, participating in / indulging in the vices of the world?

Hasn't the American Supreme Court recently been the final warning blast on God trumpet that the last straw of his patience has been broken?

If (or since) all these things are true... ought we not rather be in mourning and seeking forgiveness and prayerful repentance and forsaking what we have or have not done according to the will of God?

2 Chronicles 7:14 (AV)

14If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Or has God been doing so already?

And to what degree does this reflect our effectiveness / ineffectiveness as Christian witnesses?

...as keepers of the Word of God?

...as carnal believers, participating in / indulging in the vices of the world?

Hasn't the American Supreme Court recently been the final warning blast on God trumpet that the last straw of his patience has been broken?

If (or since) all these things are true... ought we not rather be in mourning and seeking forgiveness and prayerful repentance and forsaking what we have or have not done according to the will of God?

2 Chronicles 7:14 (AV)

14If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Oh Brother John D. I thought you were more sensible than this. America, ya, we are just so much more worse than those god loving folks in Iran, and don't lift up the name of Jesus like Russia does, and get the word preached more than China does. China is amazing at sending people out to tell them about Jesus.....

God is just so focused on America, the Worse country in the World compared to the rest.
Let's get this straight, if you were looking at the American Supreme court for spiritual guidence, then you need help. It's written, where sin abounds, Grace abounds more, and that is a big open door to us with power.

(A small hint, things are not suppose to get better, and the Lord does not judge the unsaved according to the their flesh .)
wow.

Judgment is a very long event and an equally long conversation.

1 Peter 4:17
For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God?

This "judgment" came into the churches immediately, even before the first Apostles departed:

Acts 20:
28 Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood.
29 For I know this, that after my departing shall grievous wolves enter in among you, not sparing the flock.
30 Also of your own selves shall men arise, speaking perverse things, to draw away disciples after them.

I could elaborate, but this particular board probably isn't the place for it. Though I love to discuss "adverse judgments" from the scriptural perspectives, as it is fully intended to be Glad Tidings for MANKIND.

Oh Brother John D. I thought you were more sensible than this. America, ya, we are just so much more worse than those god loving folks in Iran, and don't lift up the name of Jesus like Russia does, and get the word preached more than China does. China is amazing at sending people out to tell them about Jesus.....

God is just so focused on America, the Worse country in the World compared to the rest.
Let's get this straight, if you were looking at the American Supreme court for spiritual guidence, then you need help. It's written, where sin abounds, Grace abounds more, and that is a big open door to us with power.

(A small hint, things are not suppose to get better, and the Lord does not judge the unsaved according to the their flesh .)
wow.

Not sure where you get your information concerning the Christian church in China and Russia.
Will the judgment of America be done in comparison of other countries or is the standard of all Godly Judgment Jesus?
http://www.csmonitor.com/World/Asia...church-state-showdown-of-biblical-proportions
According to the U.S. Department of State, approximately 100 million citizens consider themselves Russian Orthodox Christians, amounting to 70% of population, although only 5 percent of Russians call themselves observant.
I cannot begin to imagine the faith of a Christian in Iran and there are many. Would you deny Christ to keep your head? There are a whole lot who don't.
. http://www.cnn.com/2014/05/27/world/africa/sudan-christian-woman-apostasy/

The arrogance stating that the US is better or above any nation in Gods eyes is prideful and unfounded at best. ( pride comes before the fall) We live in a country that embraces the very things that God hates and finds to be an abomination. As the US moves forward God is being moved out. The Christian structure that once existed has for the most part eroded. God is no longer welcome in our schools, the market place, and military. We (Christians) are being forced to not only accept but support things the things God hates. Should you stand you will be branded a bigot and it will be referred to as a hate crime.
John 15:18-20
2 Tim 10:12

This is something Christians in China know well risking their lives for just holding to their faith in Jesus

I love this country…….. not to say I like the path it is going. Christian persecution is on the rise here and it will separate the wheat from the tare.

1. What do you do
When
God asks for more
When
All you have
Was given
Even the life
You’re liven
It all belongs
To Him
Do you look
To the world
Do you
Try to ignore
Do you
Get on your knees
In prayer
Or prostrate
On the floor
What do you do
When
God asks for more
Everything
About you
Is wrong
Nothing is right
So you
Offer yourself
A living sacrifice
Death to this world
Death to sin
A willing vessel
A dwelling place
For Him
Victory is His
Your fighting
Is through
It’s all about
Him
No longer
About you
Living this life
Is no longer
A great chore
Submission
Is the answer
When
God asks for more

peter

Not sure where you get your information concerning the Christian church in China and Russia.
Will the judgment of America be done in comparison of other countries or is the standard of all Godly Judgment Jesus?
http://www.csmonitor.com/World/Asia...church-state-showdown-of-biblical-proportions
According to the U.S. Department of State, approximately 100 million citizens consider themselves Russian Orthodox Christians, amounting to 70% of population, although only 5 percent of Russians call themselves observant.
I cannot begin to imagine the faith of a Christian in Iran and there are many. Would you deny Christ to keep your head? There are a whole lot who don't.

first, I live by faith, so I won't have to worry about keeping my head, or not keeping my head until my work is done on earth. 2nd, it's not about God not being in schools in America, or God being in our government. It's about what believers are doing now in the whole world, it's not about countries as Jesus is Head of the Church, not head of the countries (yet) Let the god of this world do as he wishes, it won't stop us, we are coming at him strong, and laws will change to ensure we get this word out.

Mike.

first, I live by faith, so I won't have to worry about keeping my head, or not keeping my head until my work is done on earth. 2nd, it's not about God not being in schools in America, or God being in our government. It's about what believers are doing now in the whole world, it's not about countries as Jesus is Head of the Church, not head of the countries (yet) Let the god of this world do as he wishes, it won't stop us, we are coming at him strong, and laws will change to ensure we get this word out.

Mike.

Brother,
You seem to have abandoned your stand against countries you ridiculed whose Christians stand in the face of persecution and even death. Back to topic which was "America being judged" You defended America as being above these others you mentioned. The Christians in all these countries are all part of the body of Christ enduring persecution we in the US can't imagine short of living in them.

http://www.opendoorsusa.org/christian-persecution/world-watch-list/

I do not believe it is about what believers are doing rather it is what Christ is doing in His church apart from Him we can do nothing John 15:5

A study of Romans would do one well. Romans 1:18-28 read prayerfully

come sweet Lord
come
Reality is found in You
This world is just illusion
Your children going stray
in a state of confusion
the cries continue
on and on
day after day
night after night
children roaming lost
far from Your site
come sweet Lord
come
take what belongs to You
Your children need the healing
Only You can do
come sweet Lord
come

peter

Brother,
You seem to have abandoned your stand against countries you ridiculed whose Christians stand in the face of persecution and even death. Back to topic which was "America being judged" You defended America as being above these others you mentioned. The Christians in all these countries are all part of the body of Christ enduring persecution we in the US can't imagine short of living in them.

http://www.opendoorsusa.org/christian-persecution/world-watch-list/

I do not believe it is about what believers are doing rather it is what Christ is doing in His church apart from Him we can do nothing John 15:5
It's not about countries, it's. not about judging. Get a grip. You don't walk by faith looking at circumstances or what other people are doing. Scriptures...... It's not flesh and blood, and nothing by any means should hurt us. No weapon formed against us should prosper, and the devil has tried to kill me 3 times preaching Jesus, He is not big enough to get it down.

Hi John and Mike. I see an element of truth in both of your posts. America? Oh I see a lot of short comings in the spiritual climate of it's people in their devotion to Jesus. At the same time, there are spiritual movements amongst the young people across the good old USA that would knock our socks off.

Along with Mike, I see our Country as still a voice of Jesus, in it's solid believers, a mighty Gospel call to who-so-ever will. (even if he didn't say it like this) I still think that God loves our Land because of the great leaders in the pulpits that hold to the very Words of God. Mike made a good point, even though it was a little sarcastic, the we aren't the worst Country there is.

I did find your post interesting John in that personally, I am being more conscious about my own spiritual life as I see things getting closer to what the Prophets said would happen before the end comes. I may be wrong but, I don't think we are as bad as it was in Noah's day.

As has been down through time since Christ, each of us are personally judged accordingly to what we've each done in our bodies, each in our order of time of the age in which we've lived our existence.

Our life and judgment against the Word is the same as those brothers and sisters who've gone before us. It will continue likewise with the next generations that are born after us. Until the end when time is no more.

And the Judgement is the Word which has already been spoken to each and every one of us.

The result is, we either live in eternity, or we die.

There is nothing more for each of us to do or be concerned about than to take heed to ourselves in this. It doesn't matter what the world does or doesn't do.

There is nothing more than this. It isn't a wholesale continental or political boundary type of deal. All men everywhere are sinners. All die. There is no "sin meter" indicating levels of sin amongst groups of people by which they suffer the ultimate punishment of sin.

Our preaching goes everywhere, to all nations kindred tongues and people. We are gathering in to Christ the remnant of the faithful together by the "foolishness of preaching".
There is no such thing as a corporate lambasting of any one ethnic group or political group. That is a bizarre concept, and nothing close to the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

(Luk 13:2) And Jesus answering said unto them, Suppose ye that these Galilaeans were sinners above all the Galilaeans, because they suffered such things?
(Luk 13:3)I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish.
(Luk 13:4)Or those eighteen, upon whom the tower in Siloam fell, and slew them, think ye that they were sinners above all men that dwelt in Jerusalem?
(Luk 13:5)I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish.

(2Co 4:10) Always bearing about in the body the dying of the Lord Jesus, that the life also of Jesus might be made manifest in our body.

(Joh 12:48)He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day.

(Mar 13:27)And then shall he send his angels, and shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from the uttermost part of the earth to the uttermost part of heaven.

(1Co 1:21) For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe.

(Mat 25:23)His lord said unto him, Well done, good and faithful servant; thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy lord.

(2Co 5:10) For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad.

(1Co 15:23) But every man in his own order...

Hi John and Mike. I see an element of truth in both of your posts. America? Oh I see a lot of short comings in the spiritual climate of it's people in their devotion to Jesus. At the same time, there are spiritual movements amongst the young people across the good old USA that would knock our socks off.

Along with Mike, I see our Country as still a voice of Jesus, in it's solid believers, a mighty Gospel call to who-so-ever will. (even if he didn't say it like this) I still think that God loves our Land because of the great leaders in the pulpits that hold to the very Words of God. Mike made a good point, even though it was a little sarcastic, the we aren't the worst Country there is.

I did find your post interesting John in that personally, I am being more conscious about my own spiritual life as I see things getting closer to what the Prophets said would happen before the end comes. I may be wrong but, I don't think we are as bad as it was in Noah's day.

It's hard to have that wisdom seeing we live in this time, but it's revealed from God to you that it was far worse in the time of Moses, and far worse in the times of Sodom, and far worse when the Word dried up, and Rome made it punishment to even have a copy of the Word of God. There was no light, the Word shut up from man. It was far darker in those times than today.

It don't matter if it's a Land of Sodom, we the Lot's are getting more Word out, spend millions together in Satellite and Cable getting the Word out across the World. As Long as we are in America, doing the Will of God, it will be just fine. Once we are gone, the fire commeth.

Mike.

Nothing is different. Everyone is still born a sinner. Everyone still needs saved. There are more sinners alive in the world at once right now though than there ever has been before. And whether the "percentage" was higher or lower who knows and who cares? lol

Here is the good thing...

(Rom 11:4) But what saith the answer of God unto him? I have reserved to myself seven thousand men, who have not bowed the knee to the image of Baal.
(Rom 11:5) Even so then at this present time also there is a remnant according to the election of grace.

Let's just concentrate on our own part of being of that remnant... that's my soapbox message!

:boing

Back