Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Is ESAU Russia?? Why did God hate ESAU??

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
The point is what God says in scripture. Not what imperfect humans think.
"We have the mind of Christ."
Nowhere in scripture does it say anything negative about how Jacob got the blessing.
It says he was sneaky and he lied to his father and dressed like his brother to fool him. You can ignore that but it is nevertheless so. Now the "blessing" he got was not a particularly pain free life.
He got the blessing that belonged to him in the first place, because Esau sold it to him. Then Esau tried to accept the birthright blessing from his father, when he knew it now belonged to Jacob.
No, God said before birth what he part in God's plan was. No man buys his part in God's plan from someone else.
At Hebrews 12:16 God says something negative about Esau. Here God made a negative remark concerning what happened between Jacob and Esau. Where in scripture does God say anything negative about Jacob concerning what happened between Jacob and Esau. I don't see anything.
Well, it is sort of obvious if a man lies to his father and dresses like his brother to sneak something out of his dad, that is negative. God expects us to recognize this sort of lying as wrong. He does not expect us not to know it is wrong unless he explicitly writes "NOW THAT WAS WRONG."

"We have the mind of Christ."

It says he was sneaky and he lied to his father and dressed like his brother to fool him. You can ignore that but it is nevertheless so. Now the "blessing" he got was not a particularly pain free life.

No, God said before birth what he part in God's plan was. No man buys his part in God's plan from someone else.

Well, it is sort of obvious if a man lies to his father and dresses like his brother to sneak something out of his dad, that is negative. God expects us to recognize this sort of lying as wrong. He does not expect us not to know it is wrong unless he explicitly writes "NOW THAT WAS WRONG."
Scripture says what happened between Esau and Jacob not that God was reprimanding Jacob about how he got the blessing. I know that people say they have the mind of Christ but those people that say they have the mind of Christ are the ones that care more about Esau than Jacob. Like I said the Scripture nowhere warns you about Jacob but it does warn you about being like Esau. That's the mind of Christ, warning people about being like Esau not warning people to be like Jacob.

Scripture says what happened between Esau and Jacob not that God was reprimanding Jacob about how he got the blessing. I know that people say they have the mind of Christ but those people that say they have the mind of Christ are the ones that care more about Esau than Jacob. Like I said the Scripture nowhere warns you about Jacob but it does warn you about being like Esau. That's the mind of Christ, warning people about being like Esau not warning people to be like Jacob.
I find it rather odd that you think someone can "get" a blessing like the patriarchs by doing something. It is also a singular definition to say that those who care more about Esau (who we never knew and is long dead) than Jacob does not have the mind of Christ. No descendants of Esau are around that we know of to care about. It is all rather odd.

I find it rather odd that you think someone can "get" a blessing like the patriarchs by doing something. It is also a singular definition to say that those who care more about Esau (who we never knew and is long dead) than Jacob does not have the mind of Christ. No descendants of Esau are around that we know of to care about. It is all rather odd.
True Christians believe they are blessed because they love the True God and are exercising faith in him just like the patriarch Jacob loved and exercised faith in the true God.

Back