Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Is God immutable?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
unred typo said:
~JM~ has quit writing to this thread in ignominy.

Instead of writing some disparaging remark that has nothing to do with the topic, would you like to take up the torch and carry it a while for him? Perhaps you have something enlightening to reply in regards to my last post on the previous page or something Drew has contributed to the subject. It’s really not fair to Drew for ~JM~ to give up the discussion because of my disdain for his Calvinist and Reformed views, is it.
:-?
In some situations one must wipe their shoes off and move on, especially when speaking to one who denies the truth of the Word of God.

Solo said:
In some situations one must wipe their shoes off and move on, especially when speaking to one who denies the truth of the Word of God.
Do you mean like this?

Mat 10:14 And whosoever shall not receive you, nor hear your words, when ye depart out of that house or city, shake off the dust of your feet.

Solo said:

I know I probably should but I keep hoping you or ~JM~ will eventually see the light. I know you probably mean well, and have just been deceived. Shaking the dust from my shoes is so much like giving up on you that I just hate to do that, and even if you never come to the knowledge of the truth, at least, others may learn from your mistakes.
:sad

Vic C. said:
Do you mean like this?

Mat 10:14 And whosoever shall not receive you, nor hear your words, when ye depart out of that house or city, shake off the dust of your feet.
Yes. The Holy Spirit does not twist ones arm to believe, even after pouring out the truth so plainly that one must totally reject the light in order to remain in the darkness of his rebellion.

Solo said:
Yes. The Holy Spirit does not twist ones arm to believe, even after pouring out the truth so plainly that one must totally reject the light in order to remain in the darkness of his rebellion.

Ok, you have failed to make anything plain but only try to evade giving forthright answers dealing with issues that we discuss. Can you explain how I am in rebellion when I believe that one must obey Christ and his teaching in order to be saved?

Back