Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Bible Study Is God real to us?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Although many of us believe in the presence of God and know that he loves us, he is not real to us; because He is invisible. God is invisible because he is not matter, but a spirit. Spirit, like a force is invisible; yet they both exert influence on material objects. Spirit, however, is more than just a force; because spirit has life. It is therefore dynamic and creative. The ultimate Spirit is God. The life of God's Spirit is love and it is the force of love in the universe. God shares his life with us by imprinting his spirit on our heart. This enables us to unconditionally love others and show his presence to others through our expression of love. Such expressions of love include: soldiers carrying enemy combatants on their shoulder for medical care; people staying faithful to their marriage vows although their spouses have hurt and betrayed them; people going out of their way and even putting their life on the line to help those who have hurt them; people giving away everything, including their own desires, and travelling to countries that are devoid of basic sanitation and comfort, in order to bring the good news about God’s love to others. We can also experience the presence of God when we ponder on infinite sacrifice God made for us on the cross; and reenter it at the Lord’s Supper.

I'm a little surprised that no one has posted yet in answer to your question. What you have asked is a very profound thought. I would imagine that most Christians are devoid of any contact with the Almighty. They believe in Him because they are told to believe by faith. There are way to many "lukewarm" believers because they cannot answer the question you have asked. The problem? Very little real Bible study, very little life in the Spirit of God. Way to much life in the world. Result? They are unfamiliar with being silent and knowing God. Being silent and hearing the still small voice of God, communicating with them. The presence of God is a personal relationship with YHWH thru a constant realization that He is there, waiting for a response from me. Starting the day be recognizing that I am His servant, and I am surrendering my life to His will for me this day. Then Bible Study so that I can discover how He operated in the past. Reading and studying the Gospels so that I can determine how Jesus, Who is God in the flesh, and the only way I will ever know the will of God is to watch Jesus.

I practice the presence of God every day as I commune with Him to start the day and live it out the way He wants. He will ask me to do something, and when I do what He asks, it works! Every time, thats how I know He's real and present because I want Him and His will for me. A person will never know the presence of God sitting around or going about the day waiting for Him to do something without putting forth an effort to "Know Him."

00534886b1cbacd70f73f213666c03dd.jpg
No we can not see God.But if we allow ourselves to do so He will speak to our heart.We need to have blind faith.
Look at Abraham God told him that he and Sarah would bear a child to them.Abraham was faithful.Isaac was born when Abraham was 100 and Sarah was 90.
Many people in this world want to see before they believe.Many Christians want to post articles that will give evidence that Jesus existed.Why do we need proof?Doesn't the Bible tell us that Jesus does exist and that He loves us?
I have been looking for a rental home since November.I have to be out of my current rental July 31st.I got a feeling and something came over me that said "pack up everything you are not using".Well,I went out on a limb of blind faith and packed everything in my house.Before that I was thinking why pack I have no where to go.Yes,God is real to me and he is in the drivers seat of this vehicle I am traveling on this earth.I am in the passengers seat.
Ephesians 2:8-9
It is very difficult for us as humans to give up total control of our lives and put our lives in God's hands.My brother used to play a game with me when I was young.He would stand behind me and say "Ok Kathi I am behind you do not look back I will catch you just fall back.OH BOY that was hard because I had to totally trust him.If I fell back and he did not catch me I could get hurt.

Last edited:
00534886b1cbacd70f73f213666c03dd.jpg
No we can not see God.But if we allow ourselves to do so He will speak to our heart.We need to have blind faith.
Look at Abraham God told him that he and Sarah would bear a child to them.Abraham was faithful.Isaac was born when Abraham was 100 and Sarah was 90.
Many people in this world want to see before they believe.Many Christians want to post articles that will give evidence that Jesus existed.Why do we need proof?Doesn't the Bible tell us that Jesus does exist and that He loves us?
I have been looking for a rental home since November.I have to be out of my current rental July 31st.I got a feeling and something came over me that said "pack up everything you are not using".Well,I went out on a limb of blind faith and packed everything in my house.Before that I was thinking why pack I have no where to go.Yes,God is real to me and he is in the drivers seat of this vehicle I am traveling on this earth.I am in the passengers seat.
Ephesians 2:8-9
It is very difficult for us as humans to give up total control of our lives and put our lives in God's hands.My brother used to play a game with me when I was young.He would stand behind me and say "Ok Kathi I am behind you do not look back I will catch you just fall back.OH BOY that was hard because I had to totally trust him.If I fell back and he did not catch me I could get hurt.
:goodpost

And Kathi? You have a wonderful heart for Jesus. You're a great Gal, and I'm so glad we met. Someday I'll look you up in Glory, won't we have a chat!
I would love me sit by the living waters in our white robes and have a nice chat with you. :)

Back