Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Is it ALWAYS Gods will to "be fruitful and multiply? Chronic pain. But not barren

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Im abbie. im 26 years old. i want a baby but i feel my body isnt strong enough to endure motherhood in all aspects. i am diagnosed with fibromialgia. arthritis jn both knees and shoulders, hips and SI joints pop out, bad back, can't stand long due to plantar faciatis. Anyways, lots of pain. Most if my day goes toward pain management i.e. physical therapy, walking, baths, stretching etc. just to feel somewhat decent. I can barely carry a 5lb grocery bag in one hand, or walk down the stars without a railing. ANYWAYS, I feel my body isn't strong enough to hold/ care for a baby. I'm sure I can get pregnant, but the question is SHOULD I?? is it a sin to NOT have babies if I technically can? I'm prone to depression (from pain). What of I fall into a pit of depression from pain and not being able to hold or care for my baby due to pain?! Help! I want a baby but if I can't be a good mom or it will worsen my pain making me not a good mom I don't want to. I'm seeking Gods will but also need Christian advise. Sin or not?? Thanks!!!! You can also email me abbiedobis@yahoo.com
Abbie

No, it's not a sin to not become pregnant. You have some good reasons for not wanting a child.

Thank you for the reply. Don't get me wrong. I want a baby. I am seeking Gods will in my life. It's discouraging because I look normal but people(even my family) don't understand the constant pain I'm in so I feel they think I'm being selfish not having a baby yet. Sometimes I question if I'm being selfish or not trusting God enough? Or something. I pray He will heal me so I can have one without these fears. God said we shouldn't have the spirit of fear. That's why I'm thinking I'm not trusting God enough because I'm fearful. Just confused. Thanks so much though. I need unbiased opinions because of course my family is going to say "have one" because they want grand kids haha.

Abbie: Your question is stated movingly and I think it needs to be acknowledged that believers are all in varying situations. It's good for wives and husbands on certain matters also to keep in meaningful communication together with their doctors, and indeed with sympathetic pastors and teachers (and their wives) in their local, Bible based church. While the Scriptures do indeed show motherhood as a high calling, and 1 Corinthians 7 gives a framework describing the natural relationship between husbands and wives, it does need to be acknowledged as well that health factors can intervene for reasons connected to whether or not motherhood comes about, whether temporarily or not. Our soul health matters far more than our bodily health (and your commitment to regular Bible reading and prayer is spiritually healthy) but bodily health is important, too, and people need to respect this fact. My wife and I (who are probably of a different generation from you) appreciate it when people respect our privacy; and in fact they usually do; although it's a fact that older relatives can sometimes not appreciate that once a younger married couple become established, they too are entitled to privacy.

In Scripture we have examples of Godly women about whom it is not recorded whether they were mothers; for example, in Acts 16.14 Lydia 'whose heart the Lord opened', the seller of purple, who used her means and home to promote the Gospel, was obviously a highly commendable, classy lady; there is plenty of fulfilling scope for serving the Lord whether of not (for whatever widely varying reasons) a Christian woman is a mother.

These few comments aren't too adequate but they are just some general thoughts.

:pray

Blessings.

Last edited by a moderator:
I want a baby. I am seeking Gods will in my life. It's discouraging because I look normal but people(even my family) don't understand the constant pain I'm in so I feel they think I'm being selfish not having a baby yet.

No, I do not believe, it is a sin to not have children just because one can conceive. Not all people are cut out to be parents for various reasons. If I were in your shoes I would not even feel right deliberately bringing a child into the world that I could not safely care for.

As far as your family is concerned....I would have already given them my medical records to read for themselves and authorization to talk to my doctor. They need to believe you even if for no other reason than to give you support when you need it. Maybe they will then put your needs before their Wants.

I think you are being wise in your thinking. Searching out God's will in your life is your first priority. It is not always easy to know and mostly no other human can tell you. I would continue to seek healing from our Lord. Tell Him the desires of your heart in all truth, hold nothing back. He knows everything you think and feel. Whether is be doubt, fear, anger, love, etc. So you might as well just spill your guts out to Him. Approach Him in truth as you know it and He will respond with the Truth. I will say a prayer for you. Be Blessed Sister.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back