Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• Wearing the right shoes, and properly clothed spiritually?

Join Elected By Him for a devotional on Ephesians 6:14-15

https://christianforums.net/threads/devotional-selecting-the-proper-shoes.109094/

Is It Bad NOT to Be Fearful of Life After Death?

Navigator

Strange question, but really...what the thread title says....

I've thought about this because of a communications class I'm taking. We talked about close relationships and mentioned how it gets to a point where you would do anything for that person, even die for them, because you think they will do the same for you...

Of course..me being me...that got me thinking about my friends, and I came the conclusion that I thought I WOULD die for them, because I KNOW where I am going after death!

But wait! I don't! So in that moment I was very naive you could say or simply too complacent in where I stand with God that I forgot that he is the Judge, and only He knows where I will go. I know there is a verse somewhere in the Bible that basically states that if you hold Jesus to be your Savior (completely believe that) then you will go to heaven. Even if I'm mistaken about the verse, is that a dangerous mindset to be in. Comfortable with death, but maybe TOO comfortable with where I am with God?

I'll make it simple. When you die, the bible says you know nothing. Then later on is the resurrection at the end of days. In John 5 Jesus talks about the resurrection of life or damnation. It's not about "dying and going to heaven" which is similar worldly religions such as the pagan origins of Christmas and Easter. The purpose of the few called out ones now, the church, is to rule and reign with Christ one day on this earth. That's initially what one is resurrected for. Then the rest of the masses will be saved later, at their own time, be it the feast of Tabernacles (Millennium) or the Last Great Day of that feast (John 7:37), aka the Great White Throne Judgement. If people by then refuse to accept the Lord's Way, then they will be damned and burnt up in a lake of fire.

Strange question, but really...what the thread title says....

I've thought about this because of a communications class I'm taking. We talked about close relationships and mentioned how it gets to a point where you would do anything for that person, even die for them, because you think they will do the same for you...

Is the only reason to die for someone because you think they will die for you?
Thats an interesting reason..

But wait! I don't! So in that moment I was very naive you could say or simply too complacent in where I stand with God that I forgot that he is the Judge, and only He knows where I will go.

Actually, any believer should understand where they will go.
Its easy to know this if you understand why you "go".
Consider why God can accept a person or not.
Its not because he does not love them, and its not because he chooses some and denies others simply because one is nice and one is not.
God has a basis he has created for accepting anyone.
That basis is that have to be equal in righteousness to him.
Now, that eliminates everyone., coz , "all have sinned".
So, he created a beautiful "way" for us to be equal in righteousness to himself...(John 14:6)
What he did.... is.....he came to earth, wrapped himself in flesh, was born of a virgin, and lived a sinless life for about 34 years.........and then he offers this sinless life as a swap for our sinful life.
He actually takes the very righteousness he has and offers it to us so that we can have this for ourselves.
And once we accept this "gift of righteousness", (Romans 5:17), we are forever seen by God as "righteous", as "sinless", as perfect as he is.
This is what Jesus did for us, and when we take him as our Savior, we are actually taking on his same righteousness.
Its a swap.....Jesus takes our unrighteousness and dies for it on a cross, and we take his righteousness by Faith and live with God and his family, forever.
Once this happens, we are born again, we are adopted by God as a family member because this righteousness that has now become ours,= is the very same righteousness, sinlessness, as he has, so he now has a basis (that he gave us as a gift), to accept us.
And once this happens, once this Godly righteousness Gift is received by us by FAITH, we are forever saved.
Its a beautiful thing God has given us.
Its called Salvation.

Last edited by a moderator:
The better question is this? Why would you want to be complacent with Jesus? I am guilty of complacency, we all are. It is the fact that we no longer care, don't lean on God, then there in lies the problem.

I don't believe it's bad. If anything it's comforting. I believe NOT knowing where you will spend eternity is the scariest thing on earth. The possibility of NOT being with God forever breaks my heart. Knowing our eternal future allows us to have confidence in the Lord that we can go through life doing His work.

We are not supposed to worry. If we obey the Lord's commandments, we have less to worry about.

Back