Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

Is it possible to make a Christian novel for a secular audiences?

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Make it a satire,poke fun at hypocrites,legalists,church busybodies,etc.You will find no bigger absurdities than some people and situations within the church of christianity.In my younger days I attended a small Baptist Church in the country that at one time had its own 'Swingers Club' within it.The 'Club' was led by the Pastor and his wife.Back everything up with scripture.The biggest devils hide in pew's.

One alternative would be to have a minor character explain or defend biblical Christianity from those hostile to Christianity and those distorting it.
In order to retain readers interest would be to involve theology in the plot.

Hey All,
Read "The Pilgrim's Progress" a Book by John Bunyan.

Read it.

It is certainly possible.

Keep walking everybody.
May God bless,
Taz

I am interested to know, since I might do that in the future.
I believe the answer to the question is: Yes it is possible. Why? I have two reasons: 1. All things are possible with God and 2. There are secular songs with Christian lyrics, so Christian words for secular readers is also possible. An example of a secular song with Christian lyrics is a classic tune called "Put Your Hand In The Hand". I play that whenever the opportunity presents itself for that reason.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back