Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Is it possible to misinterpret something as a negative sign?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Yesterday I watched a short video from TikTok from this guy who said for a long time he always saw the number 1134. He held it up on a piece of paper and flipped it upside down and of course it (sorta) spells out "hell".

He then said he screamed some angry words to God. He mentioned his father and brother dying. He then said he had a dream that night where a man came up to him and said "I don't know you" and then the man shoved his head into the ground where he experienced hell.

Since then I've been worried about seeing that time on the clock as well. Funnily enough I kept missing it. Well, a few minutes ago I saw that it was coming up on that time. So I sat still and waited for it. For some reason I decided to watch a video on YouTube.

Nothing was out of the ordinary. A guy was talking about a card game. But then I looked at his channel's logo and it's a clock with roman numerals and a big L8 in the middle. His channel is called L8 Night Gaming (I think). Anyway, there's a small arrow pointing in-between the numbers 1 and 2. So I took this to mean 2 L8 (Too Late).

I'm freaking out right now. Was that a sign saying it's too late for me? Or am I just seeing something negative because I've been focusing on it so much?

Was that a sign saying it's too late for me? Or am I just seeing something negative because I've been focusing on it so much?
Are you a Christian, someone e who is actively trusting g in Jesus and seeking to follow him?
If you are, then your sins have been forgiven and you have the right of access into Almighty God's presence in prayer at any time, the assurance that there is a place being prepared for you in heaven.

If you are not a Christian, why aren't you?

Some practical advice.
Stop watching tic too, you tube etc etc etc.
Get stuck into activities in your church, start studying theology, apologetics, the bible etc etc.

Yesterday I watched a short video from TikTok from this guy who said for a long time he always saw the number 1134. He held it up on a piece of paper and flipped it upside down and of course it (sorta) spells out "hell".

He then said he screamed some angry words to God. He mentioned his father and brother dying. He then said he had a dream that night where a man came up to him and said "I don't know you" and then the man shoved his head into the ground where he experienced hell.

Since then I've been worried about seeing that time on the clock as well. Funnily enough I kept missing it. Well, a few minutes ago I saw that it was coming up on that time. So I sat still and waited for it. For some reason I decided to watch a video on YouTube.

Nothing was out of the ordinary. A guy was talking about a card game. But then I looked at his channel's logo and it's a clock with roman numerals and a big L8 in the middle. His channel is called L8 Night Gaming (I think). Anyway, there's a small arrow pointing in-between the numbers 1 and 2. So I took this to mean 2 L8 (Too Late).

I'm freaking out right now. Was that a sign saying it's too late for me? Or am I just seeing something negative because I've been focusing on it so much?

This is what is called "superstition." What do I mean by superstition? I mean correlating things to one another causally that have no real causal connection. For example, Bob is looking at the stars late at night in his backyard. He coughs and immediately a "falling star" shoots across the sky. To his wife laying next to him on the grass, Bob jokes, "I guess I shouldn't have coughed so loud. I knocked a star right out of the sky."

Bob correlated two actually completely unrelated things together because of their proximity to each other in time. Because the cough and the "falling star" happened in rapid succession, there was a superficial appearance of causality: Bob's cough seemed to have caused the "falling star." But, of course, this is a silly thing to conclude, as Bob's lame joke to his wife implied. The meteor streaking across the night sky when it did had absolutely nothing to do with Bob's cough. A superstitious person, though, would want to connect them together causally and say Bob's cough did actually make the meteor (or satellite) fall into the earth's atmosphere and burn up.

In the same way, Christians can become superstitious about "messages from God," artificially connecting unrelated things together, as the guy with the 1134 thing has done. The devil watches for this sort of stuff in believers, of course, and encourages it, knowing that it makes Christians look ridiculous and irrational and leads them into the fear that always attaches to superstition. But, at bottom, there is nothing in these superstitious beliefs people take up.

In the Bible, when God had something to say to someone, He always succeeded in communicating what He wanted to communicate and made it crystal clear that it was He who was communicating. Even when the person to whom He was communicating didn't expect, or want, to hear from Him, God still made His message unmistakable. He never used superstitious games to make His message known to a person. Instead, He used a burning bush, angelic visitors, visions, dreams, prophets, a disembodied hand writing on a wall, even a talking donkey, at one point, to make His will known. "God is not the Author of confusion," the Bible says, so you can be sure that, if you think God has spoken to you but you aren't 100% certain that He has, He hasn't actually spoken to you.

If you want to hear from God, read the Bible. To those who are willing to hear Him, He speaks on every page.

This is what is called "superstition." What do I mean by superstition? I mean correlating things to one another causally that have no real causal connection. For example, Bob is looking at the stars late at night in his backyard. He coughs and immediately a "falling star" shoots across the sky. To his wife laying next to him on the grass, Bob jokes, "I guess I shouldn't have coughed so loud. I knocked a star right out of the sky."

Bob correlated two actually completely unrelated things together because of their proximity to each other in time. Because the cough and the "falling star" happened in rapid succession, there was a superficial appearance of causality: Bob's cough seemed to have caused the "falling star." But, of course, this is a silly thing to conclude, as Bob's lame joke to his wife implied. The meteor streaking across the night sky when it did had absolutely nothing to do with Bob's cough. A superstitious person, though, would want to connect them together causally and say Bob's cough did actually make the meteor (or satellite) fall into the earth's atmosphere and burn up.

In the same way, Christians can become superstitious about "messages from God," artificially connecting unrelated things together, as the guy with the 1134 thing has done. The devil watches for this sort of stuff in believers, of course, and encourages it, knowing that it makes Christians look ridiculous and irrational and leads them into the fear that always attaches to superstition. But, at bottom, there is nothing in these superstitious beliefs people take up.

In the Bible, when God had something to say to someone, He always succeeded in communicating what He wanted to communicate and made it crystal clear that it was He who was communicating. Even when the person to whom He was communicating didn't expect, or want, to hear from Him, God still made His message unmistakable. He never used superstitious games to make His message known to a person. Instead, He used a burning bush, angelic visitors, visions, dreams, prophets, a disembodied hand writing on a wall, even a talking donkey, at one point, to make His will known. "God is not the Author of confusion," the Bible says, so you can be sure that, if you think God has spoken to you but you aren't 100% certain that He has, He hasn't actually spoken to you.

If you want to hear from God, read the Bible. To those who are willing to hear Him, He speaks on every page.
I always thought that signs were important. Like people who have had Near Death Experiences and said they went to hell. Their stories are usually very similar and very detailed.

I've been hoping to have a dream like that so that I'll know which way I'm headed. I just want to know if I'm on the right track or not.

I always thought that signs were important. Like people who have had Near Death Experiences and said they went to hell. Their stories are usually very similar and very detailed.

I've been hoping to have a dream like that so that I'll know which way I'm headed. I just want to know if I'm on the right track or not.
It is your actions, and not your dreams, that determine what path you're on.
Love your neighbor as you love yourself.
If you are not doing that, you are on the wrong path.

Are you a Christian, someone e who is actively trusting g in Jesus and seeking to follow him?
If you are, then your sins have been forgiven and you have the right of access into Almighty God's presence in prayer at any time, the assurance that there is a place being prepared for you in heaven.

If you are not a Christian, why aren't you?

Some practical advice.
Stop watching tic too, you tube etc etc etc.
Get stuck into activities in your church, start studying theology, apologetics, the bible etc etc.
Thanks for taking the time to reply. But you never said whether the sign was legit or not. I'm a very paranoid person and I feel like you didn't directly answer the question because I am indeed doomed and you don't want me to worry.

It is your actions, and not your dreams, that determine what path you're on.
Love your neighbor as you love yourself.
If you are not doing that, you are on the wrong path.

I get what you're saying, but what if I'm doing what I'm supposed to be doing, but I'm doomed and none of it matters?

I'm freaking out right now. Was that a sign saying it's too late for me?
No, it was not a sign. None of those are signs.

Your profile indicates you’re a Christian. If that is true, then what do you mean by asking if “it’s too late for [you]”? Too late for what?

If you’re not a Christian, what do you mean by “too late”?

Or am I just seeing something negative because I've been focusing on it so much?
This is a possibility.

You don't need a sign. You need to read what God has to say to all in His word, the Bible. In it, He'll tell you straight-out where you're going when you die. No superstitious games of coincidence necessary. Try reading the Gospel of John in the New Testament.

Have you, by faith, received Christ as your Savior and yielded yourself to him as your Lord?

Romans 10:9-13
9 that if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved;
10 for with the heart a person believes, resulting in righteousness, and with the mouth he confesses, resulting in salvation.
11 For the Scripture says, "Whoever believes in him will not be disappointed."
12 For there is no distinction between Jew and Greek; for the same Lord is Lord of all, abounding in riches for all who call on Him;
13 for "Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved."

Have you repented of your sins and confessed them to God?

Acts 3:19
19 Repent therefore, and turn back, that your sins may be blotted out,

1 John 1:8-9
8 If we say we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.
9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

James 4:6-10
6 ...Therefore it says, “God opposes the proud, but gives grace to the humble.”
7 Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.
8 Draw near to God, and he will draw near to you. Cleanse your hands, you sinners, and purify your hearts, you double-minded.
9 Be wretched and mourn and weep. Let your laughter be turned to mourning and your joy to gloom.
10 Humble yourselves before the Lord, and he will exalt you.

No, it was not a sign. None of those are signs.

Your profile indicates you’re a Christian. If that is true, then what do you mean by asking if “it’s too late for [you]”? Too late for what?

If you’re not a Christian, what do you mean by “too late”?

This is a possibility.
Too late to be saved. I feel like I've must have said or done something wrong, and now the door has been shut on me.

Too late to be saved. I feel like I've must have said or done something wrong, and now the door has been shut on me.
We cannot answer this question for you. Only God knows the answer. But here's what Jesus tells us and you can take it to the bank!

16 "God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.
17 For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved.
18 He who believes in Him is not condemned; but he who does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God."
John 3:16-17 NKJV

Here's more.

16 Now behold, one came and said to Him, “Good Teacher, what good thing shall I do that I may have eternal life?”
17 So He said to him, “Why do you call Me good? No one is good but One, that is, God. But if you want to enter into life, keep the commandments.”
18 He said to Him, “Which ones?” Jesus said, “‘You shall not murder,’ ‘You shall not commit adultery,’ ‘You shall not steal,’ ‘You shall not bear false witness,’
19 ‘Honor your father and your mother,’ and, ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’ ”

20 The young man said to Him, “All these things I have kept from my youth. What do I still lack?”
21 Jesus said to him, “If you want to be perfect, go, sell what you have and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven; and come, follow Me.”
22 But when the young man heard that saying, he went away sorrowful, for he had great possessions.

Matthew 19:16-22 NKJV

Hopeful 2 :
I get what you're saying, but what if I'm doing what I'm supposed to be doing, but I'm doomed and none of it matters?
If you are doing what you are supposed to be doing you won't be doomed.
The more you study and pray...and fellowship with other believers, the more of "what are you to do" will be made available to you.
God hides nothing from those who seek Him.

Turn your paranoia into an urge to read and study more.
Memorize a chapter of the bible.
Any chapter !

But you never said whether the sign was legit or not.
Everything you think or believe is a ' sign ' is false.
God used ' signs ' in the past before the bible was written, now God speaks through sermons and Bible readings.

Essentially he tells us to live as Christians, God does not send signs messages about how we should live, what we should or should not do.
He has already told us how to live in the ten commandments, that is all the guidance you need.

Friend. Heathen are into superstitions. Or the occult.

There's too much garbage on programs.
James chapter 1 . All wisdom and knowledge comes from God.

Study the bible.

Hi QuestionGuy,
I don't think it's too late for anyone unless they have blasphemed the Holy Spirit (and I'm not sure how one does that accidently or without knowing). I believe that it is the Holy Spirit that draws people to Truth (Word of God) and so, in a sense, the Holy Spirit may manifest itself in your conscience.
That fact that you feel fearful of being or becoming numb is, to me, both a good sign but also a warning not to be taken lightly. I don't think you would feel much fearfulness if the Holy Spirit had abandoned you.

And since He apparently hasn't abandoned you, as witnessed by your conscience - then surely it is not 2 L8.

Sometimes I get that numbed feeling too. I almost always associate it with getting too distracted away from God and His Word by the world and it's Truthless systems.

Hey All,
What sign are you looking for?
Why are you looking for a sign instead of the truth?
We reap what we sew.
The truth makes you free.
Signs do not.

Keep walking everybody.
May God bless,
Taz

Back