Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Is it the same

Is being saved the same as being born again

• yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • not sure but would like to know

• don't care

• Total voters

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$905.00
Goal
$1,038.00
T

Terminator

Is beeing saved the same as being born again???
would like some imput befor I share what YHVH showed me about that question! Thank you

Terminator said:
Is beeing saved the same as being born again???
would like some imput befor I share what YHVH showed me about that question! Thank you
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`````

I beleive that being saved is the same as being born again.
Jesus said in John 3:5 ; Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

John 3:15-16; 15 That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.
16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

And then see John 3:17; For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

This is the same passage that Jesus is speaking in.

Now, what has YHVH shown you?

:)

God bless

Jesus said that we can not see the kingdom of heaven unless we are born again, in short to be born again is the same as being saved. If you think that God has reveled any thing other then that well sorry but you are not hearing from God.

To be saved is to be redeemed. That requires a new birth. You must be born again. How are you born again?

Act 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

There you have it...the water and the spirt....

Have you received the Holy Ghost since you beleived? How do you know?...this is how you know.

Act 10:44 While Peter yet spake these words, the Holy Ghost fell on all them which heard the word.

Act 10:45 And they of the circumcision which believed were astonished, as many as came with Peter, because that on the Gentiles also was poured out the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Act 10:46 For they heard them speak with tongues, and magnify God. Then answered Peter,

Act 10:47 Can any man forbid water, that these should not be baptized, which have received the Holy Ghost as well as we?

Act 10:48 And he commanded them to be baptized in the name of the Lord. Then prayed they him to tarry certain days.

Baptised in water and received the Holy Ghost. Saved, sealed and delivered. Born again......

Eve

NIce you know a few verses, but heres the thing when Jesus was talking about being born again, and mentions water and flesh. Geuss what he was not talking about water baptism, all one needs to do is read the rest of that text especially that parts about being lifted up like the serpant in the wilderness.

Jesus said "For God so loved the world that he sent his only beggotton Son that who soever believes in him will not perish but have everlasting life"

We are born again at the very moment of faith.

Eph 1:13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation, in whom also after that ye beleived and, ye were marked with the holy Spirit of promise.

We are born again at the very moment of faith.

IF that is true,,why were they asked if they had recieved the Holy Ghost since they believed? They were talking to baptised believers and yet they did not have the Holyl Ghost yet!

after that ye beleived

How long after?

To be saved a person must be born of God (born again). I do not believe that salvation only comes via being "Born again". Salvation was something that was accomplished when Christ offered himself as a sacrifice--this is when we were saved.

There is another type of salvation, one that comes via regeneration and renewing, and finally the salvation that is to come when Christ returns.

So much depends on what a person is referring to when they use the term "salvation".

Is being saved the same as born again? This question was asked of me at a Bible study one evening, and I said yes it is. But my friend asked me is it really the same, and he asked me to think about it.So I did for the wole night and all of the next day wich happened to be saturday. I prayed about it and asked GOD for an answer,but nothing came. It almost drove me bady.The only thing that was on my mind was prayer and asking GOD for the answer.Well it came on sunday morning while in the shower. This is the answer I got.

There was a very rich man that went out into the getto to the poorest of people. He went to look for a family that he could help get back on there feet by giving them what they needed. When he found a family he brought them out of the getto and got them cleaned up, and bought them new clothing. Once that was taken care of he took them out to the finest Resturant for dinner.Then he took them to the limousine,and took the family to there new house. One of the biggest mansions on the block, he also gave them the key to the limo with the title to it. Then he gave them a million dollars.
You see the family was saved from the getto.

But in order to be born again that is up to them. You see the can squander the money and be right back in the getto where they came from. Where they saved? Yes Where they born again? No.

When they take the money and invest it, then go to the getto to get an other family out, set them up the same way they where set up, they are helping someone else. Then they are born again.

You see a Doctor can save your life, but what you do with it is up to you. You can go back and do the same thing that caused you to go to the hospital, or you can change your live style for the better so you will not have to go to the hospital for the same thing again.

So you see being saved is beeing taken out of sin. Being born again is what you do with your life. You go out and win others to GOD and teach them the way of GOD, so they can go out and win others to GOD.

SOMETHING TO THINK ABOUT

Shalom in Y'shua the Messiah

Back