Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Bible Study Is Jesus still thirsty?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

Corn Pop

Jesus asked for water from the woman at the well but there is no reference he even got any water or is there?. It seems like it went from give me some water im thirsty to a conversation, then the woman leaves her bowl of water and goes to the city.

If someone is thirsty and asks for some water and you have water you don't ask questions you just give them some water.

Maybe he took a few sips when she left.

If someone genuinely needs something you just give them no excuses or questions asked. And if your offered something there is no excuses or questions.

Last edited:
Jesus asked for water from the woman at the well but there is no reference he even got any water or is there?. It seems like it went from give me some water im thirsty to a conversation, then the woman leaves her bowl of water and goes to the city.

If someone is thirsty and asks for some water and you have water you don't ask questions you just give them some water.

Maybe he took a few sips when she left.

If someone genuinely needs something you just give them no excuses or questions asked. And if your offered something there is no excuses or questions.

That's a very good point and honestly I don't know the answer to that question. Maybe the reason the Bible doesn't specifically state whether or not He took a drink is because it wasn't as important as what He had been saying her to before about Him being the supplier of the gift of eternal life although He was speaking metaphorically. Actually, I find it rather humorous that Jesus always refers to ladies as "woman" of course I guess that's the same as addressing them as either Ms. or Mrs. in today's day and age. So it probably was the most polite and proper thing to do at the time. My guess is that He probably did at some point and time though.

The key verses in John 4:1-25 are vs. 13, 14. Jesus is speaking about the living water, being the word of God that all who will believe in Him should not perish, but have life eternal, Jeremiah 17:13; John 7:38; Rev 21:6-8.

he didnt need the water.. the woman needed the living water ..it was a teachable moment and it us who should be thirsty

So why would he ask for water and say hes thirsty he really didnt need any. That would be classed as a lie or deception because he knew he didnt need any said hes thirsty when hes not.

Its like saying I got no money and im hungry can you give me a dollar and im really a millionaire.

I have believe Jesus was acturally thirsty because scripture even said he was from his journey. He still human need to eat and drink to survive.

So why would he ask for water and say hes thirsty he really didnt need any. That would be classed as a lie or deception because he knew he didnt need any said hes thirsty when hes not.
tell ya what you make it to heaven you can ask him if he was really thirsty or not

Its like saying I got no money and im hungry can you give me a dollar and im really a millionaire.

I have believe Jesus was acturally thirsty because scripture even said he was from his journey. He still human need to eat and drink to survive.

Jesus probably was thirsty after His long journey as that is what is written, but that is not the point that He was making as He was speaking about living water and never being thirsty anymore.

Jesus probably was thirsty after His long journey as that is what is written, but that is not the point that He was making as He was speaking about living water and never being thirsty anymore.

Exactly which is pretty much what my point was in post two I was just using different words that's all.

He might have been given a drink its just not referenced, but if he didnt I just making the point in general from the scripture as a life lesson in the scripture that if someone genuinely asks for something don't question or make excuses.

For example in the scripture

Jesus said to her, “Will you give me a drink?” The Samaritan woman said to him, “You are a Jew and I am a Samaritan woman. How can you ask me for a drink?”

Last edited:
He might have been given a drink its just not referenced, but if he didnt I just making the point in general from the scripture as a life lesson in the scripture that if someone genuinely asks for something don't question or make excuses.

For example in the scripture

Jesus said to her, “Will you give me a drink?” The Samaritan woman said to him, “You are a Jew and I am a Samaritan woman. How can you ask me for a drink?”

Right. In our culture there's nothing extraordinary about this, which misses the whole point of this interaction being included in Scripture.

Jesus was breaking several taboos here! And foreshadowing Salvation being extended to us Gentiles in the process, which was pretty unthinkable at the time.

Further, this woman became part of the early Church! History shows when she got Baptized, which congregation she was part of, etc. Think of what this tells us about the accuracy of what eventually got written down; she, everyone who knew her, and everyone who heard the story would've never accepted any falsifications. What got handed down to us as the Gospels is what the Church had been using for their liturgical worship services! It passed their scrutiny. It's a pretty awesome thing to think about ...

Back