Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Is The Fig Tree The Tree Of Knowledge Of Good & Evil?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

Edward

2024 Supporter
This is just conjecture but could the Fig tree perhaps be the tree of knowledge of good & evil?

After the ate and their eyes were opened and they seen that they were naked, they sewed Fig Leaves together to make aprons for themselves. So the had Fig Leaves handy, hmm.

And if you notice, there are blurbs about Fig Trees all through the bible. Jesus cursed a Fig Tree. Correct me if I am wrong but, doesn't the fig tree represent Israel? So it seems as if Fig Trees are significant in scripture and that makesme wonder if the tree of good & evil was a Fig Tree to start with?

Does the Fig Tree represent Law? (Do not eat from that tree, it's the Law!)

Then Jesus shows up and curses the fig tree! May no one ever eat of your fruit again (Mark 11:14) is what He said to the Fig Tree (Law). Whoa. No more law. Only Grace now!

But am I right?

I can see a connection. Matthew chapter 24, Jesus told us the fig tree generation is the last, all bible prophecy would come to pass. Eve was beguiled by the serpent, satan in garden of eden. Near future, satan as antichrist will deceive whole world, except God's Elect, the saints. Hebrews chapter 2, Jesus was crucified on cross to defeat death, which is satan. Adam and eve were too ashamed to face God, they tried to hide. Isaiah chapter 2, many people near future will be to ashamed to face Jesus, 7th trump, they worshipped antichrist. Yes, I can see a connection.

This is just conjecture but could the Fig tree perhaps be the tree of knowledge of good & evil?

After the ate and their eyes were opened and they seen that they were naked, they sewed Fig Leaves together to make aprons for themselves. So the had Fig Leaves handy, hmm.

And if you notice, there are blurbs about Fig Trees all through the bible. Jesus cursed a Fig Tree. Correct me if I am wrong but, doesn't the fig tree represent Israel? So it seems as if Fig Trees are significant in scripture and that makesme wonder if the tree of good & evil was a Fig Tree to start with?

I'd have to say No, Edward, simply because He drove them out of the garden for eating of it. If everything were all hunky dory now, what was so awful about eating it back then? And as you said, Jesus is seen in scripture wanting to eat figs from the tree which had none. What does that say about our Lord spiritually, and what might the enemy make out of such a teaching?

I know you are just throwing it out there, so no harm no foul, but while it's an interesting theory, it's too convoluted theologically IMO, and actually kinda dangerous if you thought about it for too long.

Back