Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Is There Any Chess Players Here?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

Edward

2024 Supporter
Now, I mean chess players and not wood-pushers, lol.

Is there a site where people can go and play chess with real people? Or a specific person?

I play the computer chess sometimes just to stay in practice, but that gets old cuz it always plays the same way, bleh.

Some days you teach lessons...
Some days you learn lessons!

I used to years ago when I was in middle school.
Now I just play chess in these forums, making my posts according to how I expect the person I'm talking with to respond. Or baiting them into responding the way I want SO I CAN TRAP THEM! <insert evil laugh here>

Sometimes I have to execute a castle movement in the forum, but that seems like kind of a move of desperation. A cop out. But, hey, it's legal, lol.

Last edited:
I used to years ago when I was in middle school.
Now I just play chess in these forums, making my posts according to how I expect the person I'm talking with to respond. Or baiting them into responding the way I want SO I CAN TRAP THEM! <insert evil laugh here>

1675645941153.png
Sometimes I have to execute a castle movement in the forum, but that seems like kind of a move of desperation. A cop out. But, hey, it's legal, lol.

Now, I mean chess players and not wood-pushers, lol.

Is there a site where people can go and play chess with real people? Or a specific person?

I play the computer chess sometimes just to stay in practice, but that gets old cuz it always plays the same way, bleh.

Some days you teach lessons...
Some days you learn lessons!

I play Chess.com at work sometimes when zero is going on. It's actually fairly nice. It will rate your moves for you as you play so you know if you're making good moves.

I would maybe take you up on it there, but

A. You have to pay an annual $50 fee to be able to play other online opponents (I think), and
B. I'm not that great. I can beat the 1300 level AI guy, but that's about it, LoL.

But if you haven't tried Chess.com you might like it. You get like fifteen AI opponents for free, and another 75 or something if you buy the base membership. And you can alter the board and chess pieces. I'd tell you the one I like best, only I don't remember what it's called atm, but maybe I can take a look when I'm at work on Tuesday night.

I'm sorry if that was offensive wondering. He was allegorizing playing chess as discussing in the forums. You never know what people are going to say and what is a good counter move? It is like a chess game.

I am a chess player so I thought it was hilarious what he said. So I responded in affirmation of I've had to use that move too! But what was the move? Lol. (that's the joke!)

I have no idea. I can't see how his pieces were set up at that time, lol. I might have an idea but I don't for sure. So it was just morning humor.

I am a chess player and would like to play someone real and not the computer games so much. I know how it plays. Hey I know! If anyone wants to play me a game of chess, we could trade emails and each of us set up our own board at home, and make moves with transcriptiion Queen to Queens level 9..not really, more like A7 to C8 or whatever. Might take a few days for a game if you work. I don't care.

OK
Now you're going to have to explain to us totally ignorant folk exactly what that means.

So we could use that move on here too.:biggrin2
Come on.
Girls know about castles.
Wasn't some chick hanging her hair out of a castle window??
GIVE IT UP ED.

Edward

Last edited:
I'm sorry if that was offensive wondering. He was allegorizing playing chess as discussing in the forums. You never know what people are going to say and what is a good counter move? It is like a chess game.

I am a chess player so I thought it was hilarious what he said. So I responded in affirmation of I've had to use that move too! But what was the move? Lol. (that's the joke!)

I have no idea. I can't see how his pieces were set up at that time, lol. I might have an idea but I don't for sure. So it was just morning humor.

I am a chess player and would like to play someone real and not the computer games so much. I know how it plays. Hey I know! If anyone wants to play me a game of chess, we could trade emails and each of us set up our own board at home, and make moves with transcriptiion Queen to Queens level 9..not really, more like A7 to C8 or whatever. Might take a few days for a game if you work. I don't care.
You better get used to playing with machines.
The robots are coming.
Yeah. Real people are better.
I don't play chess, or I'd take you up on this. You seem REALLY DESPERATE!!

So there's no real castle move?
So I have to keep posting as usual?
OK
:lol

Oh. BTW, yeah. I'm so offended.
I don't know if I'll be able to recover.
:helmet

OK
Now you're going to have to explain to us totally ignorant folk exactly what that means.

So we could use that move on here too.:biggrin2
It's the old switcheroo where you swap your king and your rook. I don't remember the details, lol. I just remember it being a move of desperation rather than a calculated move.

It's the old switcheroo where you swap your king and your rook. I don't remember the details, lol. I just remember it being a move of desperation rather than a calculated move.
Oh.
I'm never desperate on this forum.
No switcheroo for me!

Back