Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Bible Study Is this in the bible?

O

Obs

Not sure were i heard it from, but it goes like this the path way to hell is large and the path to heaven is small. Any idea were in the bible that is in if its even in the bible? Thanks

Mat 7:13 "Enter in through the narrow gate; because wide is the gate, and broad is the way which leads to destruction, and many are those who enter in through it.
Mat 7:14 How narrow the gate, and confined the way which leads to life, and there are few who find it!

There it is for you. ;-)

ChristineES said:
Mat 7:13 "Enter in through the narrow gate; because wide is the gate, and broad is the way which leads to destruction, and many are those who enter in through it.
Mat 7:14 How narrow the gate, and confined the way which leads to life, and there are few who find it!

There it is for you. ;-)

Hi ChristineES. Jesus certainly said those things, but to take them out of context and say they have to do with gaining or losing new life in heaven is wrong, IMO.

Jesus came unto his own people (Israel); after His baptism and testing in the wilderness, He heard that John had been put in prison; He went to live in Capernaum and began to preach "Repent, for the kingdom of the heavens is near." (Matt. 4:17). This will be the earthly kingdom, the hope of Israel. Note: from the Greek scriptures, it is 'kingdom of the heavens', not 'kingdom of heaven', which makes it sound as if the kingdom is in heaven.

In the sermon on the mount, Jesus tells forth the right way the multitudes of Israelites should be living and believing in their heart to be worthy of life in the kingdom. And He rightly preaches that, narrow is the gate that leads to life and broad is the way that leads to destruction. And in other places He says 'many are called but few are chosen'.

And that is just what happened during His earthly ministry. Out of the millions of Israelites, only a few were true disciples. Paul tells us that after His resurrection, Christ appeared to the twelve, and after that, to upwards of 500 brethren (1 Cor. 15:6).

It is my belief that God is now calling out of all the nations, the church/body of Christ, whose destiny is in the heavenlies, where we, as heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ will be enjoying all the spiritual blessings God is preparing for us. God knows who will make up this body, and all He has chosen will hear the Word and believe. (Read Eph. chapts 1 through 4).

Bick

Those verses are pretty straight forward. Most people are following the way of pleasure, such sexual immorality, going out partying every night and so forth while a few people follow the way of God, which is trying to live without sin (which is impossible to do, but we try).

I know you must watch television, I do sometimes and I can't get away from all the immoral behavior on almost any show I watch. Look how much the HIV virus is spreading! It wouldn't be so out of control if more people followed the "narrow gate". There are a lot of children born out of wedlock. I have had 3 friends end their marriage because of infedelity. It seems if you do not have sex with every person you meet, you are called nerd or geek or whatever the new word is for t-totalers. We Christians have to go another route, be moral, and go through the narrow gate. Going to the wide gate can mean destruction.

ChristineES said:

There it is for you.

Bick said:
Hi ChristineES. Jesus certainly said those things, but to take them out of context and say they have to do with gaining or losing new life in heaven is wrong, IMO.

Bick
Am I missing something here? Christine only quoted scripture :-?

JG, I said "to take them out of context" is, IMO, wrong---that is a wrong intepretation.

Jesus ministry was to his own people, Israel. He sent out the 12 to "the lost sheep of the house of Israel."

Certainly, many principles He taught have been true from the time of Adam: faith, love, hope, forgiveness, right living, etc, but the many precepts and warnings which were to his people with the Messianic kingdom in view: for He preached "repent, for the kingdom of the heavens is at hand."

Paul, our apostle and teacher, admonishes those of us in the church/body of Christ, that since we have been justified, we should walk in newness of life. We are not to let sin have dominion over us, but we are to present ourselves to God as instruments of righteousness. See Rom. 6.

As to how many will be in the complete body of Christ, only God knows. But, what I read in Romans 8 and Ephesians 1-4, all those whom God forknows, he predestines to be conformed to the image of His Son; and those He predestines he calls; and those whom He calls He justifies; and those whom He justifies He glorifies.

God's plans will be accomplished! Man's will is not greater than God's!

Back