Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

is this related to the unpardonable sin in Matthew 12?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
S

Shred1000

for those of you who have read my previous threads and find it confusing, i will try to break it down.

first of all, Matthew 12 talks about the Pharisees offending Jesus after a miracle.

does that Scripture relate to:

insulting the Holy War by saying 'hell'?

or

referring an offensive rap song to the Bible and possibly insulting the Bible?

thanks, answers for a concerned 18 year old appreciated.

actually more specific, they are from matthew 12 about the pharisees. it's near the end of the chatper, the last part.

Okay, it's been a while since I searched this thread again, but it got me uneasy when no one replied.....

I talked to my pastor about it and he said it's not a sin about The Holy War and he said it's human works.

As for insulting The Bible, I had numerous replies on other forums saying how it's just a book; however, we should still treat it with care.

Of course these should not be done anyway, but if commited it is forgivable.

How come no one answered though.....

Blasphemy is a willful and total rejection of Jesus Christ. The non-Christian is saying that he rejects God's forgiveness and God's suffering on the cross for their sins. There is no transaction made to take the sin out of the account of the sinner and to put Christ's righteousness in their account. That is unforgivable. Without the sinner being able to make that choice, love and freewill wouldn't exist because "forgiveness" would be forced upon people.

Matthew’s gospel started with the Pharisees rejecting Jesus’ miracle and attributing the work to the prince of devils and they were insulting the Holy Ghost which Jesus considered “blasphemyâ€Â.

The Bible says:

Hebrews 9:27 And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:

You either accept Jesus in this life and ask for forgiveness or reject Him.

Luke 12:8 Also I say unto you, Whosoever shall confess me before men, him shall the Son of man also confess before the angels of God:

Luke 12:9 But he that denieth me before men shall be denied before the angels of God.

This passage is in the same chapter about blasphemy of the Holy Spirit. The passage talks about sins being forgiven except for blasphemy against the Holy Ghost and this chapter also talks about whoever denies Jesus before men shall be denied before the angels of God. If God is going to deny men before the angels of God then it is because the unforgivable sin is rejecting Jesus Christ because that is the only sin that can't be forgiven. It also is remarkable that that sin puts the Holy Spirit right up there with God meaning that the same sins against God (blasphemy) are also blasphemy against the spirit making them all one.

Thanks for the in-depth analysis.

A lot of people talked about 'rejecting God and His forgiveness', so I guess that's where the weight lies.

Sothenes said:
Blasphemy is a willful and total rejection of Jesus Christ. The non-Christian is saying that he rejects God's forgiveness and God's suffering on the cross for their sins. There is no transaction made to take the sin out of the account of the sinner and to put Christ's righteousness in their account. That is unforgivable. Without the sinner being able to make that choice, love and freewill wouldn't exist because "forgiveness" would be forced upon people.

Honestly, you need to take it back one more step. The nonbeliever cannot logically reject any supposed actions of Christ if the nonbeliever does not believe that Christ existed. The "crime", if any, would be simply lacking a belief in the truth of the bible. To say that the nonbeliever rejects Christ's supposed sacrifice already presumes that the nonbeliever has a belief in Christ's existence; this is clearly not the case.

Back