Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Is Touhou a sinful game?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
I used to play MMO games that fit into one of two categories: either the content of the game glorified witchcraft, sex, idolatry, the concept of multiple gods, or the player-base therein glorified and discussed these things often. It's not that it's inherently bad or leads to glorification of these things (i.e. the 'video games made them do it' mentality, as it always comes down to personal responsibility.)

If you feel that that particular interest is leading you down a path that isn't Godly, then cutting it out is advised, at least on my part. If you feel you have an addiction to the game, taking it down by an hour or so a day until it's completely phased out is a good thing to do.

I came back to World of Warcraft roleplaying after several years of being absent from the practice, and had found my faith in the meantime, and realized that my intentions were not pure in heart. God doesn't expect us to constantly be studying or chomping down the Bible in every waking moment. He is a loving and understanding God, and appreciates the need for us to have creative outlets or ways to decompress that are our own, though I'm sure He would prefer we turn to Scripture for these things.

There are many things to do that can fill this time while still being fulfilling, like listening to worship music, study, reading your absolute favorite passages (it doesn't matter if it feels repetitive), listening to God-minded podcasts, speeches, writing inspired poetry, the list goes on.

I personally enjoy watching movies when I feel like I can focus on them. Passion of the Christ is a wonderful way to get focused. Tubi has a few faith-based films that could be interesting. I recently watched 'The Case for Christ', detailing an atheist's journey to Christianity.

I play a lot of games and watch/read media that include subjects that don't align with the faith. So long as we know it's fiction, it's fine. Otherwise reading Greek mythology would also be a no-no.

I've played the games since 2020. Basically, a bullet hell game based on Japanese mythology and religion. Is it wrong to play it?

Nope.

I took a look, and the visuals include magick circles in the background on a regular basis. That's essentially an occult way of releasing spells on you while you play the game. That's not to say this would necessarily have an effect on a Spirit-filled child of God, but it's something the Spirit will guide you AWAY from, not towards.

I used to play some video games which used the same imagery, and got addicted to them pretty badly. I believe this is part of the spell's purpose. They want people getting addicted to their games through means of magick as way to build a fan base. In the case of the game I was playing (Eye of Judgment), the money was made by getting people hooked on a game that encouraged you to buy cards. I spent a small fortune on them.

But no. I play video games fairly often as my primary form of relaxation, but I'd stay away from that one.

See 2:44 - 2:53, 3:02 - 3:18, 3:24 - 5:33.

You'll see the same kind of thing here (2:28 - 3:27).

I've played the games since 2020. Basically, a bullet hell game based on Japanese mythology and religion. Is it wrong to play it?
Welcome to the site.
I don't know what "bullet hell" means, but we are told to be moderate in all our endeavors.

How many chapters of the bible have you memorized?
Time misspent is time you will never have again.,

Just read further down the posts and saw your witchcraft addendum.
I would bail right now, as you are messing with the unGodly.

Welcome to the site.
I don't know what "bullet hell" means, but we are told to be moderate in all our endeavors.

How many chapters of the bible have you memorized?
Time misspent is time you will never have again.,

Just read further down the posts and saw your witchcraft addendum.
I would bail right now, as you are messing with the unGodly.
For me personally, trying to memorize entire books of the Bible is so stressful to the point I stagnate and don't do anything. For some people this is a very tall order and will take a lot of time and dedication. As well as weeding out what in their emotions/life is a barrier for them.

Regards,
Alexandria

Wrote memory ?

First off I have to do that for work .

That trailer park is tomorrow's day but not all .the order which I don't do starts at the northern most road (north harbor Dr) at the western most trailer . I don't do it that way but I know it .for me repetition isn't the way to memorize the bible .if I dont try to and just read it.it comes . That is how I learned the trailer .it had a electric then and I had to zig zag behind the trailers and ignore the way the machine came up and follow my path .when the sale came I learned its pattern more .

For me personally, trying to memorize entire books of the Bible is so stressful to the point I stagnate and don't do anything. For some people this is a very tall order and will take a lot of time and dedication. As well as weeding out what in their emotions/life is a barrier for them.

Regards,
Alexandria
One chapter at a time.
One verse at a time.
If you don't have "biblegateway.com" on the overhead bar, (?) get it.
Look up witchcraft and memorize a chapter, or just the verses, concerning that.
I initially had a few problems with cussing when I first converted, but looked up all the scriptures that dealt with purity, clean mouth, self control, etc.
I took all the scriptures I found on the topic, and put them in a folder I call "Book of Topics".
That way I won't need to memorize them, but still have them at hand
It is a thick binder after many years in Christ.

Anything based on mythology belongs to Satan, doesn't it? Should we be entertained by the ideas of Satan? Should we entertain ourselves with what Satan say's is enjoyable? I honestly believe we shouldn't be entertained by the things belonging to Satan. Shouldn't we show the True God YHWH that we love him and are not friends of this wicked World that's ruled by Satan? (1John 5:19; Revelation 12: 9) If we do make ourselves friends with the wicked world we live in, how can we say we're friends with God? Especially when the scriptures say anyone who makes himself/herself a friend of this wicked world we're living in, we have made ourselves an enemy to the True God.(James 4:4)

So, I deleted the games, the wallpapers, memes, all the things that relates to the game. The problem that it is stuck in my mind because of playing & watching the games. So how can I remove the thoughts of coming back to this garbage of a series?

SailorWriter
What I am about to quote, I believe, how to do it is tough.

2 Peter 1:3 kjv
3. According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue:
4. Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.
5. And beside this, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue; and to virtue knowledge;
6. And to knowledge temperance; and to temperance patience; and to patience godliness;
7. And to godliness brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness charity.

The words are King James. You may want to get more modern version.

Your original mind will not do this. It will take God working in you.

Faith in Jesus Christ is the base IMHO (which hopefully correct).

Then over time each level is reached.

Again this is not because of your efforts alone.

This is by grace.

Mississippi redneck
eddif

Acts 16:16 kjv
16. And it came to pass, as we went to prayer, a certain damsel possessed with a spirit of divination met us, which brought her masters much gain by soothsaying:

You need to look up familiar spirit. These spirits seem to speak to people as a truthful source of information.

Familiar spirit = spirit of divination

The Old Testament warns of familiar spirits.

If the game seems to know what you want, the source is not God.

Mississippi redneck
eddif

So, I deleted the games, the wallpapers, memes, all the things that relates to the game. The problem that it is stuck in my mind because of playing & watching the games. So how can I remove the thoughts of coming back to this garbage of a series?

If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. 1 John 1:9

First, humble yourself before the Lord and repent for being associated with the works of darkness, as He loves you and is jealous for you, and desires for you to be close to Him.

Adulterers and adulteresses! Do you not know that friendship with the world is enmity with God? Whoever therefore wants to be a friend of the world makes himself an enemy of God. Or do you think that the Scripture says in vain, “The Spirit who dwells in us yearns jealously”?
But He gives more grace. Therefore He says:
“God resists the proud,
But gives grace to the humble.”
Therefore submit to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you. Draw near to God and He will draw near to you. Cleanse your hands, you sinners; and purify your hearts, you double-minded. Lament and mourn and weep! Let your laughter be turned to mourning and your joy to gloom. Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and He will lift you up. James 4:4-10

Then, begin to meditate on God’s word all throughout the day. Give your mind something to think about, throughout the day and you will see your mind beginning to be clear and free.

Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy—meditate on these things.
Phillipians 4:8

Be blessed and know we all stumble at times, but we get back up and keep going, and God causes these things to work together for our good.

Be blessed.

JLB

Back