Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Isaiah 18 is about America.

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$905.00
Goal
$1,038.00
ISAIAH Chapter 18
1. Woe to the land of spinning wings, beyond the rivers of Cush;
2. That sends ambassadors by sea, in wooden vessels upon the waters. Go quickly you messengers and speak to a tall and smooth skin people, to a nation violent from their beginning onward; a strong and conquering nation, whose land is divided by waters.
3. All you inhabitants of the world living upon the earth; Look and listen when he lifts up a banner on the mountain, and when he blows the trumpet.
4. Yahwah said to me, I will remain silent, and I will consider in my dwelling place like a heat wave in the sunlight, and like a cloud of dew in the heat of harvest.
5. For before the harvest, when the blossom is gone, and the bud is ripening into young grapes, He shall cut off both the sprigs and cut down the branches with pruning hooks and take them away.
6. They shall be left to the gathering birds of the mountains, and to the beasts of the earth; the birds shall summer upon them, and the beasts of the earth shall winter upon them.
7. In that time a gift shall be brought to Yahwah Almighty, by a tall and smooth skin people, from a nation violent from their beginning onward; a strong and conquering nation, whose land is divided by waters, to a place named for Yahwah Almighty, Mount Zion.

1. Spinning, buzzing, whirling, twirling and shadowing wings. The point to be made here is that any of these words are acceptable in the translation. The point being that the wings are in motion and that it is being used to help personally identify that nation along with other key points.
2. Beyond. The N.I.V bible translation (along) instead of (beyond) is in error. The subject nation is across the seas. Zephaniah 3:10 repeats part of Isaiah 18.
3. Cush or Kush is now days called Ethiopia.

4. Ambassadors or envoys. This is also key to the identification of that nation that sends ambassadors by sea.

5. Wooden. The word wooden is used in place of the words bulrushes and papyrus. Strong’s bible dictionary attributes bulrushes as (papyrus), a plant used to make a wood pulp to build small boats or make paper. The word wooden is an interpretation and not a translation.
6. Tall. The King James Bible does not use the word tall in its translation. The word tall is important in the identification of that nation.
7. Smooth skin. The King James Bible translation is “scattered and peeledâ€, and the words can be translated that way. However the correct choice is smooth skin. Smooth skin means meek. It’s the opposite of being callus. What is being said is, go to the meek of that nation.
8. Conquering. The King James in verse two uses the words (meted out) and (trodden down). The word meted means also measure out. It should have used the word tall for the translation. Also the words (trodden down) should have been translated to conquering.
9. Divided. The King James uses the word (spoiled), who knows why. The word should have been translated (divided). The correct translation of any bible word or verse is very important for correctly understanding what is being said.
10. And 11.Banner and trumpet. The word is (shofar), a horn. The word trumpet was used as an acceptable translation. Banner, flag or ensign are all acceptable translations. The seven branch menorah was designed by Yahwah as a national symbol. It was shown to Moses so it could be made for the sanctuary of earth.
Psalm 60:4. You have given a banner to them that fear you, that it may be displayed because of the truth. Selah.
12. Grapes and branches. Both of these words have a symbolic meaning.
13. Lord. That title is used in place of Gods personal name Yahwah.
14. Mount Zion. See Hebrews 12:22. and Revelation 14:1. There are also other places in the bible that are related to this subject Mount Zion or Zion.
This is the interpretation.
Woe is for the sorrows that will come upon that nation in the last days.
There are five key points in the identification of that nation. Number one is spinning wings. Number two, they sent ambassadors by sea in wooden vessels. Number three, the people are tall. Number four, they have a violent beginning for that nation and onward. And number five, that nations land is divided by its waters. America is that nation!
Spinning wings represents air craft for which America is famous for. Sending ambassadors by sea in boats is a historical fact after America became a new nation. American people are among the tallest of the nations. America had a violent beginning and has continued in violence throughout its history, whereas other nations have had long periods of peace. No other place in the world is more divided by its waters than America. America uses its waterways to divide nation from states, states from counties, counties from cities, and cities from towns.
All of these things that I have said here are a matter of fact and not my opinion. In regards to verse four, were God says He will consider in His dwelling place like a cloud of due in the heat of harvest: This means; by His righteousness He will judge the harvest. In verse five, the words grapes and branches are used symbolically for the people of the world.
When a person studies the bible they are in a search for clues. Also a person needs to know that some words can be translated differently. Example: Isaiah 18. The king James translates one verse as the people being (scattered and peeled). However the N.I.V translates the same verse as (smooth skin) people. Those Hebrew words can be translated either way. Now a people of a nation can be scattered, but they cannot be peeled. So the next question would be what does smooth skin mean. That’s easy, because it’s a phrase we use this day. It’s the opposite of being callus; it means meek. So therefore the verse is saying go to the meek of a violent nation.
Now while other nations have had opportunities for long periods of peace, America has not since its beginning. In history it is a known fact that after America became a nation; it sent ambassadors by ships all over the world.
Also, if a person was to study a map of America’s borders they would find that no other place in the world is more divided by its water ways. In regards to the terms spinning or shadowing of wings, America was the first to develop aircraft. And America is a nation that is beyond the rivers of Cush; now called Ethiopia.
Notice here how Zephaniah repeats part of Isaiah 18.
Zephaniah 3
9 "Then will I purify the lips of the peoples, that all of them may call on the name of Yahwah and serve him shoulder to shoulder.
10 From beyond the rivers of Cush my worshipers, my scattered people, will bring me offerings.
11 On that day you will not be put to shame for all the wrongs you have done to me, because I will remove from this city those who rejoice in their pride. Never again will you be haughty on my holy hill.
12 But I will leave within you the meek and humble, who trust in the name of Yahwah.
After I had made my first post on Isaiah 18, and after it was on the internet for some time, Hal Lindsey on TBN spoke on May 02, 2001. Hal stated that he did not believe Isaiah 18 is about America. Although Hal is a good Christian man, he has been wrong in the past.
Michael.

After I had made my first post on Isaiah 18, and after it was on the internet for some time, Hal Lindsey on TBN spoke on May 02, 2001. Hal stated that he did not believe Isaiah 18 is about America. Although Hal is a good Christian man, he has been wrong in the past.

I dont know who Hal Lindsey is,,,,but whomever he is he is wrong on this,,,you should send him this thread...lol....Good post

The land of spinning or shadowing wings is not the US, but Egypt. The Egyptians had a musical instrument called a sistrum, but the Hebrew has no word for it, so they relied on a description of said instrument. The closest instrument they had was what they referred to as a "cymbal with wings".

Here is a description given by Adam Clarke:

The cymbal was a round hollow piece of metal, which, being struck against another, gave a ringing sound: the sistrum was a round instrument, consisting of a broad rim of metal, through which from side to side ran several loose laminae or small rods of metal, which being shaken, gave a like sound. These, projecting on each side, had somewhat the appearance of wings; or might be very properly expressed by the same word which the Hebrews used for wings, or for the extremity, or a part of any thing projecting.
http://www.studylight.org/com/acc/view. ... hapter=018

The Bible is rich in culture and history, if we would only give it the chance to reveal it's many historical treasures. Of course the Bible is THE source of God's written revelation to HIS creation, but even a rudimentary knowledge of it's historical context greatly aids in the understanding of much prophecy.

Vic C. said:
The land of spinning or shadowing wings is not the US, but Egypt. The Egyptians had a musical instrument called a sistrum, but the Hebrew has no word for it, so they relied on a description of said instrument. The closest instrument they had was what they referred to as a "cymbal with wings".

Here is a description given by Adam Clarke:

The cymbal was a round hollow piece of metal, which, being struck against another, gave a ringing sound: the sistrum was a round instrument, consisting of a broad rim of metal, through which from side to side ran several loose laminae or small rods of metal, which being shaken, gave a like sound. These, projecting on each side, had somewhat the appearance of wings; or might be very properly expressed by the same word which the Hebrews used for wings, or for the extremity, or a part of any thing projecting.
http://www.studylight.org/com/acc/view. ... hapter=018

The Bible is rich in culture and history, if we would only give it the chance to reveal it's many historical treasures. Of course the Bible is THE source of God's written revelation to HIS creation, but even a rudimentary knowledge of it's historical context greatly aids in the understanding of much prophecy.
:thumb

Amen....sometimes I think we are doing what is so rich in inspired literature, a disservice to its writers.

I dont know who Hal Lindsey is,,,,but whomever he is he is wrong on this,,,you should send him this thread...lol....Good post

Hal Lindsey, campus chaplain turned best-selling author of The Late Great Planet Earth. He baptized holy land tourists in the Jordan River. He also predicted the return of Jesus by 1988, within a generation of Israels's rebirth as nation. Lindsey said the 1948 rebirth of Israel is the landmark Jesus referred to when saying "this generation will not pass away" before he returns. Bad news: The generation passed away. Good news(for him): Lindsey got rich. Prohecy teaching became a lucrative business for many. So we know Lindsey was not right on some things anyways.

JohnEboy1983 said:

Hal Lindsey, campus chaplain turned best-selling author of The Late Great Planet Earth. He baptized holy land tourists in the Jordan River. He also predicted the return of Jesus by 1988, within a generation of Israels's rebirth as nation. Lindsey said the 1948 rebirth of Israel is the landmark Jesus referred to when saying "this generation will not pass away" before he returns. Bad news: The generation passed away. Good news(for him): Lindsey got rich. Prohecy teaching became a lucrative business for many. So we know Lindsey was not right on some things anyways.
I hope that it taught Christians to be more careful in whom to believe. Thank for your input John.

JohnEboy1983 said:

O Ok,,,that was a good crash session :salute ......But I do believe 1948 marks when the good and bad fig returned,,,thus beginning the last generation.....The question quiclky becomes ,,,how long is a generation ???????????

(THE) said:
O Ok,,,that was a good crash session :salute ......But I do believe 1948 marks when the good and bad fig returned,,,thus beginning the last generation.....The question quiclky becomes ,,,how long is a generation ???????????
Generation or Race? The time of the end will go beyond what Christians now think.
  • Habakkuk 2
    1 I will stand at my watch
    and station myself on the ramparts;
    I will look to see what he will say to me,
    and what answer I am to give to this complaint.

The LORD's Answer
    2 Then the LORD replied:
    "Write down the revelation
    and make it plain on tablets
    so that a messenger may run with it.
    3 For the revelation awaits an appointed time;
    it speaks of the end
    and will not prove false.
    Though it linger, wait for it;
    it will certainly come and will not delay.

Matthew 24:30. "At that time the sign of the Son of Man will appear in the sky, and all the nations of the earth will mourn. They will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of the sky, with power and great glory. 31And he will send his angels with a loud trumpet call, and they will gather his elect from the four winds, from one end of the heavens to the other.

32 "Now learn this lesson from the fig tree: As soon as its twigs get tender and its leaves come out, you know that summer is near. 33Even so, when you see all these things, you know that it[d]is near, right at the door. 34I tell you the truth, this generation[e] will certainly not pass away until all these things have happened. 35Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will never pass away.
Footnotes:
a.Matthew 24:5 Or Messiah; also in verse 23
b.Matthew 24:15 Daniel 9:27; 11:31; 12:11
c.Matthew 24:29 Isaiah 13:10; 34:4
d.Matthew 24:33 Or he
e.Matthew 24:34 Or race

JohnEboy1983 said:

An update, brother. The generation born in 1948 is still living today, so he was right on that, even though wrong on other things.

I believe Isaiah 18 is about the United States of America, based on much of your interpretation. Another possible alternate meaning of 'peeled' is clean shaven. The most important Message about Isaiah 18 I think, is how God shows they are His people, even though there's a need for a pruning of the branches.

JohnEboy1983 said:

No ,bad news is he was wrong about the date but the generation is yet here.
"This generation"will not pass away untill Christ comes.

hisvessel1 said:
This chapter has Nothing to do with the U.S.A. It is talking about [ Cush ], Ethiopia.. :confused
2. Beyond. The N.I.V bible translation (along) instead of (beyond) is in error. The subject nation is across the seas. Zephaniah 3:10 repeats part of Isaiah 18.

mdo757 said:
hisvessel1 said:
This chapter has Nothing to do with the U.S.A. It is talking about [ Cush ], Ethiopia.. :confused
I read the K.J.V.. Zeph.3:10 has to do with Jerusalem being saved.... :study

hisvessel1 said:
mdo757 said:
hisvessel1 said:
I read the K.J.V.. Zeph.3:10 has to do with Jerusalem being saved.... :study
Zep 3:10 From beyond the rivers of Cush,
my worshipers, my scattered people,
will bring me offerings.

Back