Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Prayer __] I've fallen astray...

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
A

Alex144

What can I say? I once felt the lords warmth and kindness, but somehow I've been pulled so far away from him. I'm lost, confused and wandering without direction.
I'm battling doubt, I'm struggling. I just want to go back, I need god in my life. I'm sick of the wicked, I'm sick of sinning. I want to better myself and I can. I would really appreciate if someone could throw up a prayer for me, god bless and thank you.

Please help.

Alex, prayers you have here, and I'm sure more to come. Personally, it helps me to know generally how old you are, so I know what phase of life you are in. Are you a teenager with struggles that come with that phase of life? A young adult? etc. If you prefer to keep it there and just want prayers, that's fine.

If you're tired of sinning (and we all sin), that's terrific, because you recognize the conviction of the Holy Spirit showing you areas that are causing this separation. Too many people are oblivious to it. Our God loves you and is wanting you to put your burdens on him.

I like to look at the psalms, and put things in perspective. David and Solomon were pillars of faith. Yet, they sinned, and psalm after psalm shows us how many times they cried out to God asking where He was. Clearly, they felt much of what we do sometimes. But, the Lord never forgot them, and He has not forgotten you. And meditate on this scripture from Matthew 11.

28"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. 29Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30For my yoke is easy and my burden is light."

Spend quite time alone with those verses. Quietly read though Psalms. If you have a home church and feel at ease with the pastor, arrange to talk with him. If you don't have a church, or your pastor isn't someone who gives you that comfort, ask someone who might suggest an inviting pastor or church.

Be still and know that He is God. He will make His presence known, "And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:7 :pray :pray :pray

Amen :thumb

I also prayed for you, Alex. I know what it's like to be in that dry desert away from the Lord, when you feel like you've just surrounded yourself somehow with evil and you feel like your prayers aren't even going up at all. Rest assured, He does hear you, and wants you to be close to Him. :pray

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back