Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

I've seen the enemy and he is us...

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

handy

So, just sitting down to pursue some news before going to bed and I come across a tragic story of a minor who killed.

But... this thread isn't about the minor.

It's about the comments from folks... just folks who read this story in the newspaper and posted comments.

Here are some of the comments taken from various newspapers that carried the story:

"Foster child" says it all. Who would want a demon like her? Just lock her up and throw away the key.

Sociopath. She is a Bad Seed. Better change her name to Rhoda and hope she gets struck by lightning.

Id send that little brat packing. After I slammed HER into a bedpost a few (dozen) times.

This vile creature and her parents need to suffer the same cruel fate - only make sure that they agony is prolonged as much as possible.

Someone needs to slam her against a bedpost. Again, an eye for an eye. Maybe then they will learn.

Take that "child" to the pound.

Now slam this lovely into a bed post before it grows and breeds.

Put away? No, put down. You can't fix this.

Lock the little b***h up and throw away the key. Never let her out into public again.

Beat her to death. She is already too old and too damaged to rehabilitate. We have no room in our society for psychos like her and we'll probably be saving someone's life. She's got to go.

In my eyes this girl has lost the right to live. Gas her, stone her whatever. Yes, I'm a Neanderthal.

Punishment must fit the crime. Beat the child to death and all will be right in the universe.

Euthanize the b***h!

I know Gandhi said, "An eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind", but I'm having a hard time convincing myself that he was was right, and that whacking this little snot's head against a bedpost a few times is a bad idea.

OK... so what happened was this "minor" killed a puppy. She's a foster child, was sent to a different foster home while her regular foster family took a vacation, and when the new foster mom told her she couldn't do something, she took their puppy and slammed it against a bedpost until it was dead.

This "minor"... whom so many are calling to be killed... is 11 years old.

These comments were culled from a number of sources and not just in the states but in England too.

What are we coming to that in supposedly civilized countries... who are crying out against the execution of a Muslim woman because two men couldn't decide who would get her... but yet are also crying out for the death of a little girl who is obviously so damaged by her chaotic upbringing she killed a puppy.

There are a lot of people who post stuff like this just to get a rise out of other people.

There are a lot of people who post stuff like this just to get a rise out of other people.

That still does not make it right in any way, imagine of this was a friend or child of yours!? these people obviously have no desire or loving nature. They should be ashamed to post such things. If they can say Things like that about a puppy, yet when an actual person kills someone, they most likely don't even wish death upon that person. Sick really!

That still does not make it right in any way, imagine of this was a friend or child of yours!? these people obviously have no desire or loving nature. They should be ashamed to post such things. If they can say Things like that about a puppy, yet when an actual person kills someone, they most likely don't even wish death upon that person. Sick really!

How do you know that they are not also posting hateful things about those evil men who executed that woman!?

Plus, how do we know that these aren't comments from young, idiotic kids, people with less IQ than a grain of rice etc

I just look at comments like these and think "yeeeeah, whatever." I'm sure that these comments represent the minority of what most people honestly think. As Handy said, these are comments collected from a NUMBER of papers. Is it really a damning indictment of our society? It's just the idiotic minority.

Last edited by a moderator:
How do you know that they are not also posting hateful things about those evil men who executed that woman!?

Plus, how do we know that these aren't comments from young, idiotic kids, people with less IQ than a grain of rice etc

I just look at comments like these and think "yeeeeah, whatever." I'm sure that these comments represent the minority of what most people honestly think. As Handy said, these are comments collected from a NUMBER of papers. Is it really a damning indictment of our society? It's just the idiotic minority.

Posting hateful things on the internet is harsh and not needed in any context, wether the comments are about murderers or a emotionally wrecked child.

"young, idiotic kids, people with less IQ than a grain of rice" should not be posting this either. As surprising as It might sound to you most kids these days are not very "idiotic" when they know what they Are talking about, and the comments that I read do not appear to be from any idiotic person, just people without any emotion or realization as to the hate and destruction they are wishing upon this girl.

The fact that you think ""yeeeeah, whatever." I'm sure that these comments represent the minority of what most people honestly think" is also sad on its own. Minority or not the comments should not just be blown off, wishing and thinking of hatred so far as beating a child or killing her for her past because she was not raised correctly is no way acceptable. It's unfair to her, and plain cruel.

People, minority or not should no way have the right mind set to post this. If I was to read those comments no way would I be able to say yeah whatever or even continue to read it. It is wrong and truly evil.

Posting hateful things on the internet is harsh and not needed in any context, wether the comments are about murderers or a emotionally wrecked child.

"young, idiotic kids, people with less IQ than a grain of rice" should not be posting this either. As surprising as It might sound to you most kids these days are not very "idiotic" when they know what they Are talking about, and the comments that I read do not appear to be from any idiotic person, just people without any emotion or realization as to the hate and destruction they are wishing upon this girl.

The fact that you think ""yeeeeah, whatever." I'm sure that these comments represent the minority of what most people honestly think" is also sad on its own. Minority or not the comments should not just be blown off, wishing and thinking of hatred so far as beating a child or killing her for her past because she was not raised correctly is no way acceptable. It's unfair to her, and plain cruel.

People, minority or not should no way have the right mind set to post this. If I was to read those comments no way would I be able to say yeah whatever or even continue to read it. It is wrong and truly evil.

Basically, there exist in this world some people who, FOR WHATEVER REASON, post hateful, mean spirited things on the internet.
What's new. Look at the Bible sometime and see what kind of things we say about some other groups of people. First stone and all that.

And hateful comments can be justified in some context. Not all hateful comments are neccesarily a bad thing. I can mouth off about Nazis, suicide bombers et al and I don't think many would forgive me that.

Basically, there exist in this world some people who, FOR WHATEVER REASON, post hateful, mean spirited things on the internet.
What's new. Hell, look at the Bible sometime and see what kind of things we say about some other groups of people. First stone and all that.

And hateful comments can be justified in some context. Not all hateful comments are neccesarily a bad thing. I can mouth off about Nazis, suicide bombers et al and I don't think many would forgive me that.

People post mean cruel things on the Internet because they know they can hide behind the screen.

The bible has many different events where stoning was going on, I assume you are connecting killing to just going for killing without thinking about it, such as these people did just by their comments.

But let's jump to a quick story from the bible..

At dawn he appeared again in the temple courts, where all the people gathered around him, and he sat down to teach them. The teachers of the law and the Pharisees brought in a woman caught in adultery. They made her stand before the group and said to Jesus, "Teacher, this woman was caught in the act of adultery. In the Law Moses commanded us to stone such women. Now what do you say?" They were using this question as a trap, in order to have a basis for accusing him.
But Jesus bent down and started to write on the ground with his finger. When they kept on questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, "Let any one of you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her." Again he stooped down and wrote on the ground. At this, those who heard began to go away one at a time, the older ones first, until only Jesus was left, with the woman still standing there. Jesus straightened up and asked her, "Woman, where are they? Has no one condemned you?" "No one, sir," she said.
"Then neither do I condemn you," Jesus declared. "Go now and leave your life of sin." (John 8:2-11 NIV)

Here you see the woman is caught In the wrong (such as the girl) and the people go and take her down by saying she shall be stoned (like the girl) but then, Jesus tells those persecuting her that only shall those without sin be the ones to stone. Everyone left.

No thing is better than another, yes this girl is damaged and has some problems, but everyone does. Not a single person commenting is perfect, so they have absolutely no right to say wicked things about this girl. They should be saying stuff such as "wow, poor girl, hope she can get help" not "beat her to death"

I see where your coming from that you believe some comments are justifiable, but I have to disagree. Anytime we wish death upon anyone, we are wicked. For there is only the difference of action between walking the walk and talking the talk. Wickedness and wishing pain upon others is wrong, yea we might be get by things people do, but shouldn't we say " I hope she can learn from this situation and be able to change" such as Jesus did when he told this girl "Then neither do I condemn you, Go now and leave your life of sin."

I believe if we are truly going to "Do What Jesus Did" such as the christian saying goes, we should never talk or even type such hatred or wicked Things upon people, instead do not condemn them and wish for peace in there struggles. After all, she is a sister in Christ.

J man I know nothing about this child, her circumstances or anything about her. Because of that wisdom tells me to refrain from passing comment.

What I can comment on is part of your post that refers to people's inclination to passing comment without fact, you kinda take it with a grain of salt.

Just watch on forums how some posters draw conclusions about other people based on a couple of sentences. How on earth can you possibly draw conclusions about people accuratltly without sitting down and talking face to face and knowing thier whole story.

Someone alluded to me not being led by god earlier this week. There was open ended statement that could be taken as listening to the devil. That person does not know me at all except for briefly here.

I didn't bother replying as I shouldn't and wouldn't.

Yeah dude don't listen and don't bother.

Everyone is entitled to thier opinion, the only thing you can control is yours.

So, just sitting down to pursue some news before going to bed and I come across a tragic story of a minor who killed.

It's about the comments from folks... just folks who read this story in the newspaper and posted comments.

Here are some of the comments taken from various newspapers that carried the story:

"Foster child" says it all. Who would want a demon like her? Just lock her up and throw away the key.

Sociopath. She is a Bad Seed. Better change her name to Rhoda and hope she gets struck by lightning.

Id send that little brat packing. After I slammed HER into a bedpost a few (dozen) times.

This vile creature and her parents need to suffer the same cruel fate - only make sure that they agony is prolonged as much as possible.

Someone needs to slam her against a bedpost. Again, an eye for an eye. Maybe then they will learn.

Lock the little b***h up and throw away the key. Never let her out into public again.

Beat her to death. She is already too old and too damaged to rehabilitate. We have no room in our society for psychos like her and we'll probably be saving someone's life. She's got to go.

In my eyes this girl has lost the right to live. Gas her, stone her whatever. Yes, I'm a Neanderthal.

Punishment must fit the crime. Beat the child to death and all will be right in the universe.

Euthanize the b***h!

I know Gandhi said, "An eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind", but I'm having a hard time convincing myself that he was was right, and that whacking this little snot's head against a bedpost a few times is a bad idea.

OK... so what happened was this "minor" killed a puppy. She's a foster child, was sent to a different foster home while her regular foster family took a vacation, and when the new foster mom told her she couldn't do something, she took their puppy and slammed it against a bedpost until it was dead.

These comments were culled from a number of sources and not just in the states but in England too.

What are we coming to that in supposedly civilized countries... who are crying out against the execution of a Muslim woman because two men couldn't decide who would get her... but yet are also crying out for the death of a little girl who is obviously so damaged by her chaotic upbringing she killed a puppy.

I always read comments on news stories, but I'm not sure they paint an accurate picture of our society.

Many of the comments I read are not too far off from water-cooler talk about the news anyway, but there is an added element of anonymity that I think allows people to express themselves in ways they might not otherwise do.

However, I think people tend to vent in what they say for lack of control. Not self control, but the idea that when we hear negative stories of injustice we then have to deal with it. Like it or not, we have this info that we have to make sense of and there is nothing we can do to change what someone says happened.

So, while the comments might seem even more brutal then the injustice, I think many of them come from a desire for justice. In this case, imperfect justice from the minds of imperfect people.

I see these types of comments mostly tied to "off the cliff". These are stories in the news where the event is stated, but not much else. "A man killed another man today......and in sports".....WHAT? where is the rest? what happened? who was this man? What happened to him?

Euthanize the b***h!

I think the media has much to answer for in the way it publishes things and wrecks peoples lives to sell its advertisements. The trouble is the media answers to the law of the land and nobody else.

These comments, the like of which is very common on almost any website, are the modern days version of mindless venting. It's always been the case, but in times past was confined to groups of people of like mind, in locker rooms and club houses etc. Most of these people, I think, have no intention of ever following through on their vile comments. The difference is that today these things may seem to the one making the comments to be private - in a way, because it's in a forum - but technology makes the comments last forever in a very public way. It's easier to see the "not-so-private-anymore" dark side of humanity now.

Euthanize the b***h!

You ask.. 'What are we coming to that in supposedly civilized countries...'

????
We will do as the Word of God 'Documents'. We both know this. Here is my thought on this.

1 Cor. 6
[2] Do ye not know that the saints shall judge the world? and if the world shall be judged by you, are ye unworthy to judge the smallest matters?
[3] Know ye not that we shall judge angels? how much more things that pertain to this life?

There is still time for us to warn the lost before it is forever to late. Do I Love Christ enough to do [HIS LOVING WORK OF WARNING] is the question for me??

When Eccl. 12 is being 'studied' for judgement of the lost ones there in these pages, it will then be known if my love was sincere?:chin (if I am there to begin with in this Last Judgement??)

[13] Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man.

[14] For God shall bring [[every work]] into judgment, with every secret thing, whether it be good, or whether it be evil.

Most of the times we see nothing like what God wants us to see. And who are the really guilty ones?? Luke 12:47-48. And yes, we will all die the first death & it is important, yet, this is not the second FINAL death seen here.

--Elijah

Seems to me what Handy posted was a bunch of statements made by Godless mankind.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Coming back and reading this a few hours later::: Sheesh in no way am i implying Handy is Godless

Praying for ya girl....

It's funny, someone has a same sex attraction and people here condemn them to Hell. Someone slaughters an innocent animal and people want to throw a party for them. But I digress...

This girl is sick. Yes, the people calling for her to be killed or physically punished are idiots, but she is NOT a victim. Most serial killers began as children by abusing animals. Dahmer. Bundy. Boston Strangler. BTK. Those guys from Columbine. Mary Bell.

She frankly needs to be locked up until a panel of competent psychologists are of the consensus that she's not a danger to herself, other people, or animals.

It's funny, someone has a same sex attraction and people here condemn them to Hell. Someone slaughters an innocent animal and people want to throw a party for them. But I digress...

This girl is sick. Yes, the people calling for her to be killed or physically punished are idiots, but she is NOT a victim. Most serial killers began as children by abusing animals. Dahmer. Bundy. Boston Strangler. BTK. Those guys from Columbine. Mary Bell.

She frankly needs to be locked up until a panel of competent psychologists are of the consensus that she's not a danger to herself, other people, or animals.

There is hope. Have you seen the 1989 HBO documentary Child of Rage?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back