Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

[_ Old Earth _] I've yet to see an evolutionist disprove this

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
I've yet to see a creationist disprove this!

"An improvable omnipotent unicorn created everything."

freeway01 said:
Genesis 1:1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.
Evolutionist != Atheist. There are many theistic evolutionists. Believing that God created the universe and set the big bang and evolution in motion, while not exactly logical, is an approach that many people take.

freeway01 said:

extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

The onus is on YOU to prove your claim, such as with ToE.

Frankly, your claim is unfalsifiable, just like claiming the flying spaghetti monster created everything. You can't prove that it DIDN'T create everything, but that is not de facto PROOF that it did.

Is it reasonable to believe, therefore, that the flying spaghetti monster created everything? No.

Is it reasonable to be agnostic about the existence of the flying spaghetti monster? No.

Is it reasonable to dismiss it as an unprovable claim with no evidence to support it? Yes, it is.

Dunzo said:
freeway01 said:
Evolutionist != Atheist. There are many theistic evolutionists. Believing that God created the universe and set the big bang and evolution in motion, while not exactly logical, is an approach that many people take.

There are many evolutionists who claim to be Christians even though they don't believe God in Genesis. So that puts them in the category of Matthew 721-23 because Jesus said; "He who is not with me is against me.' So no. One cannot both claim to believe God and not believe God at the same time. It's one or the other. :wink:

I should add to that, the bible also says:

Rev 3:15 I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot.

Rev 3:16 So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth.

My friends even the devil believes in God.

Be a true Christian or don't, evolution believing Christians are Christians, but they are deluded by the world, god will forgive you but you must drop this evolution madness.

True Christian = Hot, believes in every word god says
Faulty Christian = lukewarm (god spits you out) you believe only bits and pieces of the bible.
Not Christian = Atheist, lol ---> very deluded

I find it fascinating that religious people can't see the irony in each of their groups claiming to be the one true faith. Look at huge number of shades of Christianity, and each group claims they are the only "True Christians (tm)".

Deep Thought said:
I find it fascinating that religious people can't see the irony in each of their groups claiming to be the one true faith. Look at huge number of shades of Christianity, and each group claims they are the only "True Christians (tm)".

Absolutely. every person of faith, no matter what religion, should expect to go to Hell purely as a matter of statistics. :lol:

Ignatz said:
Deep Thought said:

Absolutely. every person of faith, no matter what religion, should expect to go to Hell purely as a matter of statistics. :lol:

man we christians are sure lucky that Jesus forgives us of our sins...

And the Muslims are lucky they've been accepted by Allah. You on the other hand are destined for a life of eternal torment in whatever the Islamic equivalent of Hell is.

freeway01 said:
man we christians are sure lucky that Jesus forgives us of our sins...

What our comments mean, freeway, is that with so many different religions all claiming to be the one true religion, that ALL people of ANY faith should statistically expect to be wrong. ie, 100 different religions mean that you stand a 99% chance that you picked the wrong one.

the stuff i have seen, i am 100% sure i've choose the right religion, but its more thern a religion its a relationship, i've seen peoepl healed, demons cast out, many poeples whole life changed, lets see ra, thor or any other idol/ false god of man do that.

Faulty Christian = lukewarm (god spits you out) you believe only bits and pieces of the bible.

Pardon me, I am not Christian but I am not atheist. I am Jewish. Apology accepted.

dosadifan said:

Pardon me, I am not Christian but I am not atheist. I am Jewish. Apology accepted.

i am not up to speed with Christian/jewish relations, what is it that you believe that is different from me ?

johnmuise said:
i am not up to speed with Christian/jewish relations, what is it that you believe that is different from me ?

Judaism believes in One God alone. Christians believe that Jesus was the Messiah predicted in your O.T (our Bible) and is part 2 of a 3 part triune God. Judaism rejects Jesus as the Messiah as he did not meet the criteria nor fulfill the prophecies (according to our bible) and we still await the coming of the true Messiah. Judaism rejects the New Testament as it rejects Jesus being the Messiah. You should take some time and learn more about the faith that Jesus lived.

Oi! i have a major disagreement with you there, i felt something in this pit of my stomach when i read that, thats why i stay away form other religions they make me mad sometimes, like Jehovah's witness, and kalvanisim, catholic is on my crap list as well

dosadifan
You should take some time and learn more about the faith that Jesus lived.
first off "welcome"
second: I'm not posting this to bump heads with you, but sad to say I've never truly talked to someone of the Jewish faith (about their faith). Sure I've read a little about the Jewish faith, could you tell me why you think Jesus is not the long awaited messiah. I, as most Christians have a bond with Israel and the Jews, don't ask me to explain, I just do, guess because Jesus was Jewish.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back