Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[ Testimony ] Jason's Very brief Testimony..

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

jsnbrown

When I was around 10-12 years old (excuse me for forgetting the exact date) I was saved. The circumstances around my salvation was a tad unusual but not the most unusual. I was getting ready for church one summer morning and suddenly a thought popped into my head. Today is the day I give my life to Christ. I, more or less, understood what it meant. That Sunday morning service, the pastor did not do an altar call for some reason. So I went home. I didn't have anyone in my family who was saved so I didn't know you could pray anywhere to God. So I waited until Sunday evening. Sunday evening came around and God provided the opportunity! Interestingly, the service was a special one in that we had a guest speaker come in with a presentation about some rockstar burning Bibles and how we should be cautious about the type of music we listen to. As I think back, I'm willing to bet he didn't figured there would be any salvations that night but there was.

As I went to the altar I noticed my mom and best friend following me. I was saved that night. It turns out that later that night so was my mom and best friend. So in a way with my act of obedience of turning my own life over to God, I lead part of my family, (mom) as well. Later, my Dad followed us into salvation.

Years passed and there was some issues at the church and my mom stopped going which meant I did as well. I lived in middle and high school like anyone else.. Or well, sort of. I didn't curse, I didn't date around.. I was generally a good kid. I see now this was the Holy Spirit in me, protecting me. Eventually, a new neighbor moved into the house next door. She showed us a new church. I leaped at the opportunity. God provided again! I seized it.

I started going to the church I am at now at the age of 15-16. There was no official youth group though there was a youth class on Wed night. I grew in that church. I went from a kid who wore a baseball cap inside the sanctuary (And you better believe I got swatted by one of the older members who now I love so much) to a member of our churches Youth Council and a called to be Youth Minister.

Back