Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Jesus and Jehovah (comparison)

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Irrelevant, immaterial and incompetent BOTH logically and theologically.

Theologically because Jesus is Jehovah the Son, logically because an apple (=old covenant) is obviously NOT an orange (=new covenant) so OF COURSE they are very different:

31 Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:
32 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the LORD:
33 But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.
34 And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more. (Jer. 31:31-34 KJV)

Jehovah said "they shall look unto me whom hey have pierced....they pierced Jesus:
4 In that day, saith Jehovah...and they shall look unto me whom they have pierced; and they shall mourn for him, as one mourneth for his only son, and shall be in bitterness for him, as one that is in bitterness for his first-born. (Zech. 12:4-10 ASV)

Isaiah saw Jehovah = He saw Jesus:
39 Therefore they could not believe, because Isaiah said again:
40 "He has blinded their eyes and hardened their hearts, Lest they should see with their eyes, Lest they should understand with their hearts and turn, So that I should heal them."
41 These things Isaiah said when he saw His glory and spoke of Him. (Jn. 12:39-41 NKJ)

5 Then said I, Woe is me! for I am undone; because I am a man of unclean lips, and I dwell in the midst of a people of unclean lips: for mine eyes have seen the King, Jehovah of hosts. (Isa. 6:5 ASV)

You put this in the wrong forum, this about End Times.

ps:

You may not like God's just laws against evil, but they are impeccable from a moral point of view.

God acted in history, everyone knew what He did. Whenever nations or citizens violated God's law, if was a direct rejection of God's Sovereignty, a separate offense making their offense exponentially worse and liable for greater punishment.

That principle, more clear Revelation by God = greater liability, Jesus Himself taught:

47 And that servant, who knew his lord's will, and made not ready, nor did according to his will, shall be beaten with many stripes;
48 but he that knew not, and did things worthy of stripes, shall be beaten with few stripes. And to whomsoever much is given, of him shall much be required: and to whom they commit much, of him will they ask the more. (Lk. 12:47-48 ASV)

The stupidity of rebellion against infinite Almighty God itself is worthy of severe punishment just for being such a complete fool.

Just as you have the right to cast out evil doers from your house, God has the right to cast out rebels and evil people, from the earth. That they ended up in hell therefore, was their choice.

Don't let it be yours.

Last edited:
5 See, I have taught you decrees and laws as the LORD my God commanded me, so that you may follow them in the land you are entering to take possession of it.
6 Observe them carefully, for this will show your wisdom and understanding to the nations, who will hear about all these decrees and say, "Surely this great nation is a wise and understanding people."
7 What other nation is so great as to have their gods near them the way the LORD our God is near us whenever we pray to him?
8 And what other nation is so great as to have such righteous decrees and laws as this body of laws I am setting before you today?
9 Only be careful, and watch yourselves closely so that you do not forget the things your eyes have seen or let them fade from your heart as long as you live. Teach them to your children and to their children after them.
10 Remember the day you stood before the LORD your God at Horeb, when he said to me, "Assemble the people before me to hear my words so that they may learn to revere me as long as they live in the land and may teach them to their children."
11 You came near and stood at the foot of the mountain while it blazed with fire to the very heavens, with black clouds and deep darkness.
12 Then the LORD spoke to you out of the fire. You heard the sound of words but saw no form; there was only a voice.
13 He declared to you his covenant, the Ten Commandments, which he commanded you to follow and then wrote them on two stone tablets. (Deut. 4:5-13 NIV)

The Ten Commandments are cited even today worldwide as examples of impeccably good morality, but you take out of context punishments meted out to those who knowingly rejected God and murdered His people as though they didn't deserve the punishment for their sin and crimes.

Contradicting your foundational premise----Jesus is Jehovah, He is The Word of God, the Verbalized form of God. When Jehovah speaks in the OT Bible, almost always it is Jesus speaking.

And they heard the voice of the LORD God walking in the garden in the cool of the day: and Adam and his wife hid themselves from the presence of the LORD God amongst the trees of the garden. (Gen. 3:8 KJV)

Jesus is Jehovah the Eternal Son of the Father, Second Person of the Holy Trinity.

Jesus is the figurative "face of God" turned towards man to reveal Himself to humankind:

For it is the God who commanded light to shine out of darkness, who has shone in our hearts to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ. (2 Cor. 4:6 NKJ)

Therefore, the basic premise of your contrast is false. The Same loving Jesus in the NT is the same loving Jehovah in the OT.

Its One God who ordained both Covenants.

I am ready to defend any action God initiated in the OT or NT, as just and right. You pick the event that "proves your point" and I will respond showing how the context and your flawed concepts of right and wrong have misled you.

Last edited:
Back