Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Depending upon the Holy Spirit for all you do?

Read through the following study by Tenchi for more on this topic

https://christianforums.net/threads/without-the-holy-spirit-we-can-do-nothing.109419/

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

https://christianforums.net/forums/questions-and-answers/

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Jesus' birthday revealed!

Christian77

In the name of Jesus Christ, the Merciful. All praise to Him, all honor to Him.

Jesus was born on Nisan 1, 5 BCE.

Why Nisan 1?
1. Because it is exactly the same day that God's presence filled the Tent of Meeting (Exodus 40:2, Exodus 40:34). This event was a shadow that foretold the incarnation of God (John 1:14, the greek word "skenoo" literally means "to tent" ). On the same day that God came to earth to be in a tent, on the same day God came to earth to be in a human body. In the New Testament we can clearly see that the old Jewish feasts are fulfilled in Jesus. Some examples: Jesus was sacrificed on the cross on the same day that the Passover lamb was sacrificed, because he is the true Passover lamb, the 14th of Nisan; and Jesus was resurrected on the same day that the first fruits were celebrated, because he is the first to rise from the dead to eternal life, the 16th of Nisan. So it makes sense that Jesus was born on a special Jewish day.

2. Since Jesus is the true Passover lamb (John 1:29), it makes sense that Jesus was born in the month of Nisan, a spring month, because according to the law the Passover lamb must be 1 year old (Exodus 12:5). 1 year before the Passover is the month of Nisan.

3. Nisan 1 is the beginning of the new year (Exodus 12:2). Jesus was born on the New Year because he is the beginning of the new creation (2 Corinthians 5:17).

Moreover: The construction of the Tent of Meeting started in the month of Tammuz or Av and was completed in the month of Nisan. That is 8-10 months (with leap month). Since the Tent of Meeting represents Jesus' body, it means that Jesus was conceived in the summer of the year 6 BC, either in the month of Tammuz or Av.

Side note: Most likely the April Fools' Day has its origin in the birthday of Jesus, since 1 Nisan was also called 1 April. The enemies of Christ have turned his birthday into a day of mockery.

Why 5 BCE?
Bible records:
-that Jesus' ministry began when he was baptized at the age of 30 (Luke 3:21,23)
-that Jesus ministry lasted 3.5 years (Daniel 9:27; 4 Passovers: John 2:13, 6:4, 12:1, 19:14)
-that Jesus was baptized in the 15th year of Tiberius (Luke 3:1)
-that Jesus was born before Herod died (Matthew 2:20)

History records:
-that Tiberius 15th year of his reign was 26 AD (his co-princeps began in 12 AD)
-that Herod died 4 BC

Conclusions:
If the 15th year of Tiberius is 26 AD, then Jesus was 30 years old at that time. If Jesus was 30 years old in 26 AD, then he was born 5 BC. So the crucifixion of Jesus was 30 AD, since Jesus ministry lasted 3.5 years. And since Jesus was crucified on the 14th of Nisan, he was crucified only 13 days after his birthday, which means he was 34 years and 13 days old when he died.

Thank you for reading this far.

In the name of Jesus Christ, the Merciful. All praise to Him, all honor to Him.

Jesus was born on Nisan 1, 5 BCE.

Why Nisan 1?
1. Because it is exactly the same day that God's presence filled the Tent of Meeting (Exodus 40:2, Exodus 40:34). This event was a shadow that foretold the incarnation of God (John 1:14, the greek word "skenoo" literally means "to tent" ). On the same day that God came to earth to be in a tent, on the same day God came to earth to be in a human body. In the New Testament we can clearly see that the old Jewish feasts are fulfilled in Jesus. Some examples: Jesus was sacrificed on the cross on the same day that the Passover lamb was sacrificed, because he is the true Passover lamb, the 14th of Nisan; and Jesus was resurrected on the same day that the first fruits were celebrated, because he is the first to rise from the dead to eternal life, the 16th of Nisan. So it makes sense that Jesus was born on a special Jewish day.

2. Since Jesus is the true Passover lamb (John 1:29), it makes sense that Jesus was born in the month of Nisan, a spring month, because according to the law the Passover lamb must be 1 year old (Exodus 12:5). 1 year before the Passover is the month of Nisan.

3. Nisan 1 is the beginning of the new year (Exodus 12:2). Jesus was born on the New Year because he is the beginning of the new creation (2 Corinthians 5:17).

Moreover: The construction of the Tent of Meeting started in the month of Tammuz or Av and was completed in the month of Nisan. That is 8-10 months (with leap month). Since the Tent of Meeting represents Jesus' body, it means that Jesus was conceived in the summer of the year 6 BC, either in the month of Tammuz or Av.

Side note: Most likely the April Fools' Day has its origin in the birthday of Jesus, since 1 Nisan was also called 1 April. The enemies of Christ have turned his birthday into a day of mockery.

Why 5 BCE?
Bible records:
-that Jesus' ministry began when he was baptized at the age of 30 (Luke 3:21,23)
-that Jesus ministry lasted 3.5 years (Daniel 9:27; 4 Passovers: John 2:13, 6:4, 12:1, 19:14)
-that Jesus was baptized in the 15th year of Tiberius (Luke 3:1)
-that Jesus was born before Herod died (Matthew 2:20)

History records:
-that Tiberius 15th year of his reign was 26 AD (his co-princeps began in 12 AD)
-that Herod died 4 BC

Conclusions:
If the 15th year of Tiberius is 26 AD, then Jesus was 30 years old at that time. If Jesus was 30 years old in 26 AD, then he was born 5 BC. So the crucifixion of Jesus was 30 AD, since Jesus ministry lasted 3.5 years. And since Jesus was crucified on the 14th of Nisan, he was crucified only 13 days after his birthday, which means he was 34 years and 13 days old when he died.

Thank you for reading this far.
Hello christian77, Good morning, Interesting, We will get back to you.

Love, Walter And Debbie

12-22-23
I don't normally answer a question with a question, but I was searching and found:

Is there scriptural evidence that Jesus Christ's birth was in the fall of the year and not on December 25?​

Much evidence exists. If God intended for us to celebrate Christ’s birthday, He would have had the scriptures record the time of His birth, as well as the location. The exact date is not known, yet evidence points to an autumn birth.
Luke 2:8 provides the first indication, as flocks were still in the fields at night. The flocks were brought in for the winter season of mid-October to mid-March.

Another indication is the fact that Jesus was born six months after John the Baptist (Luke 1:24-26, 36). The question then becomes, when was John the Baptist conceived?

Because Zacharias’ priestly functions were carried out during the course of Abijah, at the time of the angel’s appearance (Luke 1:5-20), John’s conception occurred in mid-June, as verses 23-24 indicate. Thus, he would have been born in about mid-March. Therefore, Christ’s birth had to be in early autumn.

There is one additional clue. At the time of Christ’s birth, the area of Jerusalem was very crowded with visitors, because of the celebration of the Feast of Tabernacles.

People took advantage of this journey to Jerusalem to pay their taxes (see Luke 2:1-5), as they were collected at this time of the year. Leviticus 23:24-40 proves that the seventh month was the time in question. When we combine Luke 2:1-5 and John 7:2-10 we see evidence of Jesus’ parents traveling to Jerusalem for the spring and fall Holy Days.

While there is virtually no evidence of Christ being born on December 25, there is abundant evidence of an early autumn birth. The world celebrates Christ’s birth in a winter pagan “season,” when, in fact, our Savior was born during a fall festival season that actually pictures the salvation of mankind.

Love, Walter

12-22-23
I don't normally answer a question with a question, but I was searching and found:

Is there scriptural evidence that Jesus Christ's birth was in the fall of the year and not on December 25?​

Much evidence exists. If God intended for us to celebrate Christ’s birthday, He would have had the scriptures record the time of His birth, as well as the location. The exact date is not known, yet evidence points to an autumn birth.
Luke 2:8 provides the first indication, as flocks were still in the fields at night. The flocks were brought in for the winter season of mid-October to mid-March.

Another indication is the fact that Jesus was born six months after John the Baptist (Luke 1:24-26, 36). The question then becomes, when was John the Baptist conceived?

Because Zacharias’ priestly functions were carried out during the course of Abijah, at the time of the angel’s appearance (Luke 1:5-20), John’s conception occurred in mid-June, as verses 23-24 indicate. Thus, he would have been born in about mid-March. Therefore, Christ’s birth had to be in early autumn.

There is one additional clue. At the time of Christ’s birth, the area of Jerusalem was very crowded with visitors, because of the celebration of the Feast of Tabernacles.

People took advantage of this journey to Jerusalem to pay their taxes (see Luke 2:1-5), as they were collected at this time of the year. Leviticus 23:24-40 proves that the seventh month was the time in question. When we combine Luke 2:1-5 and John 7:2-10 we see evidence of Jesus’ parents traveling to Jerusalem for the spring and fall Holy Days.

While there is virtually no evidence of Christ being born on December 25, there is abundant evidence of an early autumn birth. The world celebrates Christ’s birth in a winter pagan “season,” when, in fact, our Savior was born during a fall festival season that actually pictures the salvation of mankind.

Love, Walter
Where do you get the info that the division of Abijah serves in mid-June?

Between 7 BC and 5 BC, several astronomical events may have led the Magi to travel to Bethlehem. That means the comet in 5 BC may have been the Star of Bethlehem.

Christ's birth on Rosh Hashanah and His death and resurrection during Passover makes sense symbolically. I think God would have chosen meaningful dates.

Last edited:
Hi WalterandDebbie
The flocks were brought in for the winter season of mid-October to mid-March.
Just curious, but 'brought in' where? I'm not sure that there was any time in Israel that livestock was taken in for cover for any extended period of time. The temperatures are certainly mild enough that sheep and people wouldn't have difficulty handling the mid 40's evening temperature. For a sheep that's likely pretty great with all of their heavy wool coats. I've honestly never seen any evidence from that day, that there was a time that sheep would not have been in the fields as described in the Scriptures on the night of Jesus' birth.

So, if you would be so kind. Where? Did they keep the sheep for the 3-4 months of supposedly cold winter temps. I mean, right now, this week, the daily temps are in the mid 70's and the evenings are in the 50's. Why would sheep not be doing their regular thing in those temps? Where did they store the food that they would have to feed these non-grazing sheep that are not in some corral and not out in the fields. And is the corral supposedly warmer than the field? Or is it your theory that they kept the sheep in some huge barn with heat?

I honestly don't think there's a shred of fact in this claim that in December sheep would not have been out in the field in Israel in Jesus' day. However, I'm also not particularly sold that Jesus was born in December. I just think this argument that you're making makes believers look pretty silly. Sheep can withstand the temps in Israel 365 days a year. It isn't Siberia!

My little cat stays out all night here in South Carolina even when the temps are in the 20's.

God bless,
Ted

Hi WalterandDebbie

Right! And in pretty much every year that's what the people in Israel did. But this was a special event that only happened in this one particular year, that a census was ordered to be taken. That was, according to the Scriptures, why Joseph and Mary were headed to BETHLEHEM. It wasn't to pay the annual taxes in Jerusalem. They didn't even go to Jerusalem. So I don't think your logic process is well thought out. The fact that Jesus' parents traveled to Jerusalem for the spring and fall Holy Days doesn't make much sense to me as applying to this discussion. JESUS WAS BORN IN BETHLEHEM... NOT JERUSALEM!!

God bless,
Ted

Hi WalterandDebbie

Right! And in pretty much every year that's what the people in Israel did. But this was a special event that only happened in this one particular year, that a census was ordered to be taken. That was, according to the Scriptures, why Joseph and Mary were headed to BETHLEHEM. It wasn't to pay the annual taxes in Jerusalem. They didn't even go to Jerusalem. So I don't think your logic process is well thought out. The fact that Jesus' parents traveled to Jerusalem for the spring and fall Holy Days doesn't make much sense to me as applying to this discussion. JESUS WAS BORN IN BETHLEHEM... NOT JERUSALEM!!

God bless,
Ted
Hi Ted, I find it interesting to share other views from different sources after studying ourselves.

I'll be more specific: which historical documents show that the division of Abijah serves in mid-June? Please be specific on which page to refer to, tks.
Well, I or you maybe can find that information on that site page, please get back to me if you do, ok? I'm going to eat something right now, thank you.

The Bible does not provide the exact day or even the exact year in which Jesus was born in Bethlehem. But a close examination of the chronological details of history narrows the possibilities to a reasonable window of time.

The biblical details of Jesus’ birth are found in the Gospels. Matthew 2:1 states that Jesus was born during the days of Herod the king. Since Herod died in 4 B.C., we have a parameter to work with. Further, after Joseph and Mary fled Bethlehem with Jesus, Herod ordered all the boys 2 years old and younger in that vicinity killed. This indicates that Jesus could have been as old as 2 before Herod’s death. This places the date of His birth between 6 and 4 B.C.

Luke 2:1-2 notes several other facts to ponder: “In those days a decree went out from Caesar Augustus that all the world should be registered. This was the first registration when Quirinius was governor of Syria.” We know that Caesar Augustus reigned from 27 B.C. to A.D. 14.

Quirinius governed Syria during this same time period, with records of a census that included Judea in approximately 6 B.C. Some scholars debate whether this is the census mentioned by Luke, but it does appear to be the same event. Based on these historical details, the most likely time of Christ’s birth in Bethlehem is 6-5 B.C.

Luke mentions another detail concerning our timeline: “Jesus, when he began his ministry, was about thirty years of age” (Luke 3:23). Jesus began His ministry during the time John the Baptist ministered in the wilderness, and John’s ministry started “in the fifteenth year of the reign of Tiberius Caesar, Pontius Pilate being governor of Judea, and Herod being tetrarch of Galilee, and his brother Philip tetrarch of the region of Ituraea and Trachonitis, and Lysanias tetrarch of Abilene, during the high priesthood of Annas and Caiaphas” (Luke 3:1-2).

The only time period that fits all of these facts is A.D. 27-29. If Jesus was “about thirty years of age” by A.D. 27, a birth sometime between 6 and 4 B.C. would fit the chronology. More specifically, Jesus would have been approximately 32 years old at the time He began His ministry (still “about thirty years of age”).

What about the day of Christ’s birth? The tradition of December 25 was developed long after the New Testament period. It’s the day Christians have agreed to celebrate the birth of Jesus, but the exact day of His birth is unknown.

What is known is that biblical and historical details point to an approximate year of birth. Jesus was born in Bethlehem of Judea approximately 6-4 B.C. to Mary, His mother. His birth changed history forever, along with the lives of countless people around the world.

Gotquestions.com

Well, I or you maybe can find that information on that site page, please get back to me if you do, ok? I'm going to eat something right now, thank you.
If I am trying to convince others of something, I provide them the links they need, rather than telling them to go find it themselves. In regard to this specific subject, I'm not going to accept something that the author assumes the reader should accept just because he says it. I'll quote what he says:
Zacharias’ priestly functions were carried out during the course of Abijah, at the time of the angel’s appearance (Luke 1:5-20)
The Luke reference states the same thing, but says nothing about what time of year it was. It means that info has to be obtained from extrabiblical sources. Since he provides no link to that information, it makes me suspicious of accepting what he says, since I'm not going to just assume he knows what he is talking about. Until this info is provided, the question remains unresolved.

If I am trying to convince others of something, I provide them the links they need, rather than telling them to go find it themselves. In regard to this specific subject, I'm not going to accept something that the author assumes the reader should accept just because he says it. I'll quote what he says:

The Luke reference states the same thing, but says nothing about what time of year it was. It means that info has to be obtained from extrabiblical sources. Since he provides no link to that information, it makes me suspicious of accepting what he says, since I'm not going to just assume he knows what he is talking about. Until this info is provided, the question remains unresolved.
I understand, Sir, can we share our email for more info, because I don't have the equipment to link it, is that ok?

Last edited:
12-22-23

Love, Walter
Jesus was conceived in the feast of dedication (Hanukkah), and born during the feast of tabernacles. Christmas on Dec. 25 was originated from winter solstice celebration, it was pagan.

Jesus was conceived in the feast of dedication (Hanukkah), and born during the feast of tabernacles. Christmas on Dec. 25 was originated from winter solstice celebration, it was pagan.

Twenty-Four Divisions of Priests 1 Chronicles 24

Last edited:
Actually there's another clue in Daniel's 70 week prophecy:

And after the sixty-two weeks
Messiah shall be cut off, but not for Himself;
And the people of the prince who is to come
Shall destroy the city and the sanctuary.
The end of it shall be with a flood,
And till the end of the war desolations are determined.
Then he shall confirm a covenant with many for one week;
But in the middle of the week
He shall bring an end to sacrifice and offering.
And on the wing of abominations shall be one who makes desolate,
Even until the consummation, which is determined,
Is poured out on the desolate.” (Dan. 9:26-27)

The mainstream interpretation identifies the "he" in 9:27 as the Antichrist and this last week (of years) as the seven year tribulation; however, a minority opinion which I agree with suggests that all 70 weeks are a continuum, this "he" is the same messiah who was cut off exactly in the middle of the last week, which means Jesus's ministry lasted three and a half years from his baptism to his crucifixion. Dial back three and a half years from the Passover in the passion week, you land on the feast of tabernacles, that was Jesus's 30th birthday since he was baptized at around that time, therefore he was born in the feast of tabernacles.

Actually there's another clue in Daniel's 70 week prophecy:

And after the sixty-two weeks
Messiah shall be cut off, but not for Himself;
And the people of the prince who is to come
Shall destroy the city and the sanctuary.
The end of it shall be with a flood,
And till the end of the war desolations are determined.
Then he shall confirm a covenant with many for one week;
But in the middle of the week
He shall bring an end to sacrifice and offering.
And on the wing of abominations shall be one who makes desolate,
Even until the consummation, which is determined,
Is poured out on the desolate.” (Dan. 9:26-27)

The mainstream interpretation identifies the "he" in 9:27 as the Antichrist and this last week (of years) as the seven year tribulation; however, a minority opinion which I agree with suggests that all 70 weeks are a continuum, this "he" is the same messiah who was cut off exactly in the middle of the last week, which means Jesus's ministry lasted three and a half years from his baptism to his crucifixion. Dial back three and a half years from the Passover in the passion week, you land on the feast of tabernacles, that was Jesus's 30th birthday since he was baptized at around that time, therefore he was born in the feast of tabernacles.
The final week appears to be sometime after the destruction of the temple. Are you saying the 70th week has already come and gone?

Back