Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Jesus did not heal everyone

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
In this passage, Jesus heals one guy among a multitude. No mention of him healing anyone else... Scripture consistently tells us when Jesus healed many people...

John 5:1-15

New American Standard Bible (NASB)

5 After these things there was a feast of the Jews, and Jesus went up to Jerusalem.

2 Now there is in Jerusalem by the sheep gate a pool, which is called in [a]Hebrew Bethesda, having five porticoes. 3 In these lay a multitude of those who were sick, blind, lame, and withered, [[c]waiting for the moving of the waters; 4 for an angel of the Lord went down at certain seasons into the pool and stirred up the water; whoever then first, after the stirring up of the water, stepped in was made well from whatever disease with which he was afflicted.] 5 A man was there who had been [d]ill for thirty-eight years. 6 When Jesus saw him lying there, and knew that he had already been a long time in that condition, He *said to him, “Do you wish to get well?†7 The sick man answered Him, “Sir, I have no man to put me into the pool when the water is stirred up, but while I am coming, another steps down before me.†8 Jesus *said to him, “Get up, pick up your pallet and walk.†9 Immediately the man became well, and picked up his pallet and began to walk.

Now it was the Sabbath on that day. 10 So the Jews were saying to the man who was cured, “It is the Sabbath, and it is not permissible for you to carry your pallet.†11 But he answered them, “He who made me well was the one who said to me, ‘Pick up your pallet and walk.’†12 They asked him, “Who is the man who said to you, ‘Pick up your pallet and walk’?†13 But the man who was healed did not know who it was, for Jesus had slipped away while there was a crowd in that place. 14 Afterward Jesus *found him in the temple and said to him, “Behold, you have become well; do not sin anymore, so that nothing worse happens to you.†15 The man went away, and told the Jews that it was Jesus who had made him well.

In this passage, Jesus heals one guy among a multitude. No mention of him healing anyone else

Why do you think that is? Why did Jesus pick one over another to heal? There are lots of sick, hurt, lame and needy people yet Jesus often picked one and not the others.
Scripture consistently tells us when Jesus healed many people...

This scripture tells of the one he picked and healed.

If read correctly (understood) we can see that there is a vast difference between T.V. healings and our Lord in why this was done. It the first place it must be the Father God's will. And no, He did not attempt healing all people. Matt. 13:57-58

--Elijah

Often we can miss the point of scripture when we look too close. The greater message of healing is faith & forgiveness. Ive yet to meet anyone born again of the spirit of God who would not say they where healed by God. Our greatest affliction is SIN by our own nature, and that can only be dealt with and healed by God.

Christ did heal, is healing today, and will continue to heal. We would do better to understand healing in it's deepest definition,because it does not matter if a person can't walk, or is blind, or whatever. Even if those physical things could be taken away, if that person is not saved then the value of physical healing is a waste of time.

Hellen Keller was blind and deaf yet she was able to express a great understanding and love for God. She died not being able to see or hear, but she was healed by Christ in her life time here on earth.

Last edited by a moderator:
Often we can miss the point of scripture when we look too close. The greater message of healing is faith & forgiveness. Ive yet to meet anyone born again of the spirit of God who would not say they where healed by God. Our greatest affliction is SIN by our own nature, and that can only be dealt with and healed by God.

Christ did heal, is healing today, and will continue to heal. We would do better to understand healing in it's deepest definition,because it does not matter if a person can't walk, or is blind, or whatever. Even if those physical things could be taken away, if that person is not saved then the value of physical healing is a waste of time.

Hellen Keller was blind and deaf yet she was able to express a great understanding and love for God. She died not being able to see or hear, but she was healed by Christ in her life time here on earth.

What about these verses...
2 Thess. 2:9 10 & 12.

No, this test is not creditable for satan and his ones will use it for a delusion.

--Elijah

What about these verses... 2 Thess. 2:9 10 & 12. No, this test is not creditable for satan and his ones will use it for a delusion. --Elijah

I'm not sure what your asking.

2 Thess. 2
[8] And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the [Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming:]
[9] Even him,[[whose coming is after]] the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders,

[10] And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.
[11] And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:

See if that helps?

--Elijah

What about these verses... 2 Thess. 2:9 10 & 12. No, this test is not creditable for satan and his ones will use it for a delusion. --Elijah

2 Thess. 2
[8] And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the [Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming:]
[9] Even him,[[whose coming is after]] the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders,

[10] And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.
[11] And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:

See if that helps?

--Elijah
Elijah, I us figured something out... It seems that you often post verses but don't comment on them. WHY?

Why just post verses and not tell us what you think?

It just occurred to me, your underlining and bolding are your way of commenting on scripture.

I am not sure it is an effective way to communicate or teach, but I do understand your intention now.

2 Thess. 2 [8] And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the [Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming:] [9] Even him,[[whose coming is after]] the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders, [10] And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved. [11] And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie: See if that helps? --Elijah

No. I'm sorry it does not. I have no idea how you intend this scripture to be related to anything I may have said regarding the subject since you originally quoted my post. I'm clueless to your meaning and insight here. Unless you can clarify, we'll have to leave it at that.

Is this your post? (or did I not read it correctly?)
Then if so, you can [see] that the devil works miracles as well as does Christ! And there are by far more of the Rev. 17:1-5 crew (BROADWAY) who only proclaim FAITH in Christ than those who are in the NARROW Way.

OK: Are working miracles a test of whom are Christians?? (that is the way that I understood the posting!)

--Elijah

;)

2 Thess. 2

See if that helps?

--Elijah
Elijah, I us figured something out... It seems that you often post verses but don't comment on them. WHY?

Why just post verses and not tell us what you think?

It just occurred to me, your underlining and bolding are your way of commenting on scripture.

I am not sure it is an effective way to communicate or teach, but I do understand your intention now.

OK! That is an eye opener on your part!

--Elijah

Is this your post? (or did I not read it correctly?)
Then if so, you can [see] that the devil works miracles as well as does Christ! And there are by far more of the Rev. 17:1-5 crew (BROADWAY) who only proclaim FAITH in Christ than those who are in the NARROW Way.

OK: Are working miracles a test of whom are Christians?? (that is the way that I understood the posting!)

--Elijah

My post has nothing to do with the specifics of Christ healing, or the devil working counterfeit miracles. I am only pointing out a way in which I view the healings of Christ that we read about, & how those accounts fit metaphorically to salvation by faith and forgiveness. I am further suggesting that we should not get so hung up on the how, where, when and why of the accounts because when we do we miss the bigger picture of the accounts.

When I read the accounts I see them pointing to salvation. Some people read the accounts as simply Christ helping someone to walk or see by healing them physically. After all, on the surface that's what people would see. I am simply offering a deeper perspective to the accounts of Christ healing anyone. I suppose you can argue that if you like, but I honestly can't see how, or for what reason why.

You say:
'My post has nothing to do with the specifics of Christ healing, or the devil working counterfeit miracles. I am only pointing out a way in which I view the healings of Christ that we read about, & how those accounts fit metaphorically to salvation by faith and forgiveness. I am further suggesting that we should not get so hung up on the how, where, when and why of the accounts because when we do we miss the bigger picture of the accounts. '

That is what I disagree about. How can one even guess about 'healings'??? The only way is by KNOWING CHRIST! And that is only the NARROW WAY ones!
All else are from the BROADWAY group. (and is no way to test Truth)

--Elijah

You say:
'My post has nothing to do with the specifics of Christ healing, or the devil working counterfeit miracles. I am only pointing out a way in which I view the healings of Christ that we read about, & how those accounts fit metaphorically to salvation by faith and forgiveness. I am further suggesting that we should not get so hung up on the how, where, when and why of the accounts because when we do we miss the bigger picture of the accounts. '

That is what I disagree about. How can one even guess about 'healings'??? The only way is by KNOWING CHRIST! And that is only the NARROW WAY ones!
All else are from the BROADWAY group. (and is no way to test Truth)

--Elijah

Broadway? like a musical? Just kidding. I'm sure you're right. Have a blessed day.

Back