Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

JESUS' FATHER

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

GodsGrace

Staff member
CF Ambassador
This is basically for jaybo...

The Questions About Mary thread was closed, as it should have been.

The Catholic Forum is to discuss the doctrine of the CC so that ALL of us may better understand our Catholic brothers in Christ.
Which is how we should act and respond to posts. This is a general comment and not meant specifically for J.

We all know that Joseph was the earthly father of Jesus...
I don't know why you replied this way to my post to you asking how you know that Joseph raised Jesus.
All the verses you posted who that Joseph AND Mary raised Jesus and did everything the Law required them to do together.

Mothers stayed at home and raised their family in the NT times,,,just as you said.
Just as some mothers do these days.
Does that seem to you like fathers have more influence with their children or mothers?
Can we say that the influence of both is very important?
Can we say that if there is a problem at home, usually the mother is there to take care of it...like a sick child, for instance.

Do you give credit to Mary for ANYTHING?
Is she just another woman?
The mother of our Savior?
Can we at least ADORE her even if we do not WORSHIP her?
And Catholics are not supposed to worship her either....
it's the hard head of protestants that do not want to accept this.
What catholics do is different than what Catholicism teaches.

Does every Protestant on this forum follow exactly what their church teaches?
I don't think so...I've heard some pretty odd things in the past years I've been here.

Conversely, I also get tired of Protestant bashing by Catholics. We should be working towards unity in the Church, not beating each other to death.
As you know, I know a lot of Catholics...almost everyone here is one.
I believe that they misunderstand Protestantism.
I've been told that it's a different religion.
Many believe it only only reformed.
I think that having these conversations is helpful,
but I've noticed that some just refuse to accept facts and just want to argue.

As you know, I know a lot of Catholics...almost everyone here is one.
I believe that they misunderstand Protestantism.
I've been told that it's a different religion.
Many believe it only only reformed.
I think that having these conversations is helpful,
but I've noticed that some just refuse to accept facts and just want to argue.
That's true on both sides. There are some Protestants that view Catholics as a cult and some Catholics that view Protestants and nothing but heretics. I believe the truth lies somewhere in the middle. Yes, conversation and listening to the opposition rather than debating the opposition is vital to achieving Christian unity.

Back