Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Jesus Jesu Iesus Iesu Y'shus Y'shu

CherubRam

Judaic Christian
From the 1611 KJV:

Mat 1:1 The booke of the generation of Iesus Christ, the sonne of Dauid, the sonne of Abraham.

Yahshua worked to fulfill prophecy by establishing God's Holy Name in the New Testament. But Trinitarian Christians burned the originals to establish their own version of scriptures.

Hebrews 2:12
He says, “I will declare your name to my brothers and sisters; in the assembly I will sing your praises.”

If what I say is not true, then show me God's actual personal name in the New Testament.
The word “Jesus” has an “s” on the end as a Greek designation for a male person.
Jews say the best evidence is that his proper name was "y'shua". But because the Galileans always dropped their 'ayins', hence "y'shu," for which in the talmud many Jewish people use as an acronym meaning “may his name be blotted out”. The letters in "YSHU" stood for the sentence, "Yemach Shmo u'Zikro" meaning "may his name be blotted out" (from the scroll of life). According to a Jewish proverb, the worst death is eternal anonymity.

Jesus: The English form "Jesus" was not seen nor spoken until AFTER the year 1525...
when Sir William Tyndale, a Protestant Reformer from Oxford, England - INVENTED IT!

Christ's name in English is Yahshua.

Power in the name of Jesus . My family and I were stopped abruptly on a rain slick highway behind a car turning left and as I looked in my rear view mirror I saw a pick-up truck that was pulling a cattle trailer and it was jackknifing and looked to be unable to stop in time to avoid running into us .
The only words I got out were "Lord Jesus !" . I then braced for impact but it did not come . A second or two later the pick-up managed to get straightened out from it's slide and come around us on the shoulder of the road .

Jesus: The English form "Jesus" was not seen nor spoken until AFTER the year 1525...
when Sir William Tyndale, a Protestant Reformer from Oxford, England - INVENTED IT!
Praise God for great men like Sir William Tyndale who burned at the stake in his effort working for the Lord !

From the 1611 KJV:

Mat 1:1 The booke of the generation of Iesus Christ, the sonne of Dauid, the sonne of Abraham.

Yahshua worked to fulfill prophecy by establishing God's Holy Name in the New Testament. But Trinitarian Christians burned the originals to establish their own version of scriptures.

He says, “I will declare your name to my brothers and sisters; in the assembly I will sing your praises.”

If what I say is not true, then show me God's actual personal name in the New Testament.
The word “Jesus” has an “s” on the end as a Greek designation for a male person.
Jews say the best evidence is that his proper name was "y'shua". But because the Galileans always dropped their 'ayins', hence "y'shu," for which in the talmud many Jewish people use as an acronym meaning “may his name be blotted out”. The letters in "YSHU" stood for the sentence, "Yemach Shmo u'Zikro" meaning "may his name be blotted out" (from the scroll of life). According to a Jewish proverb, the worst death is eternal anonymity.

Can you give us the reference you used to make the claim William Tyndale invented the j and used Jesus instead of Iesous ?

Isa 9:6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

Luke 2:11 For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord.

Rev 1:8 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.

If you look in Strong's concordance under the name Jesus you will find many names that are given Him throughout the Bible and in many languages. No matter what name He will always be Christ the Lord and Savior.

The 14 Names of God​

1. Adonai: Lord God – Adonai is the plural form of adon (Lord) and means ‘My Lords’, referring to the Trinity. Adonai is never said out loud by Orthodox Jews, leading to its replacement by the title, HaShem (The Name). As the message of Yeshua is restored to the Jewish people, they will say, “Baruch Haba B’Shem Adonai” – “Blessed is He who comes in the Name of the Lord!”
  2. Yahweh: God The name of God used most often in the Hebrew Bible is YHWH known as a tetragrammaton (four-letter word). Hebrew is read right-to-left so the letters Yōd, Hē, Vav and Hē are taken for consonants and expanded to Yahweh or Jehovah in English.
  3. El Shaddai: God AlmightyThe all sufficient God of the Mighty Breasted One. It’s an expression that reflects on God’s strength, majesty, and power. When translated into English, it is usually rendered as: God Almighty. “He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will abide in the shadow of the Almighty.” (Psalm 91:1)
  4. El Roi: The God who sees me Hagar, Sarai’s maidservant, fled her jealous master who treated her harshly after she bore Abram’s child. Wandering in the wilderness, desperate and alone, an angel of the Lord appears before Hagar to bring her comfort. Hagar declares, in Genesis 16:13, “You are El Roi!” You are God who sees me!” Never believe you are alone, even in your darkest troubles. “The Lord is good, a stronghold in the day of trouble and He knows those who take refuge in Him.” (Nahum 1:7)
  5. Elohim: Father God / God the Creator In the beginning [Elohim] created the heavens and the earth (Gen. 1:1). This name comes from being in awe of His power displayed throughout nature. He is the Sovereign God, and God of Eternity. In the beginning, He created – just by the power of His spoken Word. What an amazing God we serve! “He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation. For by Him all things were created…” (Colossians 1:15-16)
  6. Yahweh Yireh: God Provides When Abraham went up the mountain to sacrifice his son, he made this faith-filled statement: “God Himself will provide a lamb”. And Yahweh Yireh did provide! He supplied a ram to be sacrificed instead of Isaac. Abraham memorializes this divine intervention with the name Yireh, for the Lord’s unfailing grace and constant provision. For the Lord sees and provides for our every need! “And my God will supply all your needs according to His riches in glory in Christ Jesus.” (Philippians. 4:19)
  7. Yahweh Ropheka: The God who Heals He is our Healer, in both body and soul! Psalm 147:3 says, “He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds.” This name assures each of us that our Heavenly Father wants to restore us to wholeness. “Bless the Lord, O my soul, and forget none of His benefits; Who pardons all your iniquities, Who heals all your diseases.” (Psalm 103:2-3)
  8. Jealous God, Consuming Fire Our God is a jealous God, desiring our praise to be for Him alone. His jealousy is not out of selfishness, but a passionate love saying, “never will I leave you, never will I forsake you”. It is because of His burning love for us that His jealousy is so great. “For the Lord your God is a consuming fire, a jealous God.” (Deuteronomy 4:24) Give Him your whole heart today.
  9. Yahweh Nissi: The Lord is my Banner We hear this name declared by the Israelites after a victorious battle (Exodus 17:15). Banners are like today’s flags. They are lifted to a height where they can be seen as a reminder that symbolizes: security, hope, and freedom. With the Lord as our Banner we are assured victory, we can run and not grow weary, and have peace and joy! “His banner over me is love” (Song of Songs 2:4)
  10. Yahweh Shalom: The God of Peace Gideon was afraid he would die after seeing the angel of the Lord face to face. But the Lord said to him, “Peace to you, do not fear; you shall not die”. This had such an impact on Gideon that he built an altar there and named it Yahweh Shalom (Judges 6:22-24). Shalom speaks of wholeness, harmony, and completeness. Shalom is not dependent on circumstances. True peace comes only from complete trust in the Lord in all areas of our lives. “Now may the Lord of peace Himself continually grant you peace in every circumstance. The Lord be with you all!” (2 Thessalonians 3:16)
  11. Yahweh Tsuri: God is My Rock. God is described as our Rock throughout the books of the prophets and Psalms. He is immovable, unbreakable, a safe place for retreat, and a fortress in battle! He is our true source of strength, our firm foundation, our support, and our defense. Cling to Him amidst all circumstances! “Trust in the Lord forever, for in God the Lord, we have an everlasting Rock.” (Isaiah 26:4)
  12. Yahweh Tsebaoth: The Lord of Hosts. Appearing over 250 times in the Old Testament, this name can also be translated as ‘The Lord of Armies’. It captivates His sovereignty over all spiritual and physical armies. He is the Lord of Hosts and gives charge to a multitude of heavenly beings to face our adversaries. The King of the universe is fighting on our behalf- the victory is already ours. “‘Cease striving and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth.’ The Lord of hosts is with us; The God of Jacob is our stronghold.” (Psalm 46:10-11)
  13. El Olam: The Eternal God. This name teaches us that God created time, yet exists outside of and beyond it. Before the creation of the universe there was God with no beginning and no end. All things we know of change through time, yet our Father never does. This means the character of God, His Word, His Kingdom, and all He stands for never change and never end. That means we have a unceasing, dependable, trustworthy and consistent God! God has eternity in view for you. “Lord, You have been our dwelling place for all generations… even from everlasting to everlasting, You are God.” (Psalm 90:1-2) He is the same yesterday, today, and forever.
  14. Yeshua: Jesus. Beloved, there is no more important question that we must be prepared to answer than: “Who Do You Say at I Am?” (Matthew 16:15). This is the question Jesus asked his disciples and the only sound conclusion was that He was who He said He was, and is who He said He is – Lord, Messiah and Saviour.
The name of Jesus is the fulfilment of all the other names of God as it is the name of salvation. “And there is salvation in no one else; for there is no other name under Heaven that has been given among men by which we must be saved.” (Acts 4:12). Furthermore as John 16:6 says, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but through Me.” If you have never done so, then call upon the Name of Jesus and be saved.

One thing we have to remember in the Hebrew alphabet there were no vowels.

CherubRam what difference does it make as no matter the name in any language it will never change who He is.

Original Hebrew alphabet there were no vowels so Jesus was first named YHWH. In the Ancient Greek and Aramaic it was Yeshus or Y'shua. No matter the name no one can change who He is.

CherubRam what difference does it make as no matter the name in any language it will never change who He is.

Original Hebrew alphabet there were no vowels so Jesus was first named YHWH. In the Ancient Greek and Aramaic it was Yeshus or Y'shua. No matter the name no one can change who He is.
Dishonoring His Name
For thousands of years the refusing to use a person's name has been a direct form of dishonor. Shortening the name, replacing the name, distorting the name, all are signs of dishonor.

Honorable Mention
An “honorable mention” is a title of distinction given to a person worthy of mention. Upon honoring the person their name is mentioned, so their name has a place of honor known among the people.

Dishonoring His Name
For thousands of years the refusing to use a person's name has been a direct form of dishonor. Shortening the name, replacing the name, distorting the name, all are signs of dishonor.

Honorable Mention
An “honorable mention” is a title of distinction given to a person worthy of mention. Upon honoring the person their name is mentioned, so their name has a place of honor known among the people.
Mat 1:21 And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins.

In all the different languages in the word the name Jesus, which is by the way the English spelling and pronunciation, is spelled and pronounced differently, but yet all the same as being the Son of God without any dishonor to the Son of God. Here is a list on this website

Dishonoring His Name

Honorable Mention
I really don’t think Jesus cares so much about how his name is transliterated into English from the Greek, as long as we are clear on whom the name is referencing. He is likely much more concerned that we know who he is, that he is God, as that has eternal consequences.

Mat 1:21 And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins.

In all the different languages in the word the name Jesus, which is by the way the English spelling and pronunciation, is spelled and pronounced differently, but yet all the same as being the Son of God without any dishonor to the Son of God. Here is a list on this website

The name Jesus is Greek, not English. Modern English has his name as Joshua, for which is a corruption of his name. His name is Yahshua. The name Jesus was invented in the 15th century, before then the name Jesus was never heard of.

I really don’t think Jesus cares so much about how his name is transliterated into English from the Greek, as long as we are clear on whom the name is referencing. He is likely much more concerned that we know who he is, that he is God, as that has eternal consequences.
Trinitarianism is a Pagan doctrine that was introduced into Christianity.

If Christ name is Jesus, then the word of God has failed.

Quote from pages 217 and 218 of the Brown-Driver-Briggs. Ref # 3068-69 on page 217.
Brown-Driver-Briggs on page 218 states that, "Many recent scholars explain יהוה‎ as Hiph. of הוה equals היה "

הוה hawah / HWH is hawah.
היה hayah / HYH is hayah.

Note that the vowels are all " a."
יהוה Yahwah

The vowels are "a" in the Brown-Driver-Briggs, the NIV Exhaustive Concordance, and the Strong's Exhaustive Concordances.

If you are right and I am wrong, then God's prophecy through Moses failed; and Christ words failed. Think about that for a while.

Jesus does not equal Yah.

Exodus 23:21
Pay attention to him and listen to what he says. Do not rebel against him; he will not forgive your rebellion, since my Name is in him.

John 17:11
I will remain in the world no longer, but they are still in the world, and I am coming to you. Holy Father, protect them by the power of your name—the name you gave me—so that they may be one as we are one.

He says, “I will declare your name to my brothers; in the presence of the congregation I will sing your praises.”

What is the name of his son
Proverbs 30:4
Who has gone up to heaven and come down? Whose hands have gathered up the wind? Who has wrapped up the waters in a cloak? Who has established all the ends of the earth? What is his name, and what is the name of his son? Surely you know!

Yahwah and Yahshua.

Concealing the name of God

Concealing the name of God was not only a custom, it was also made a law.

The sages quoted, "This is my name for ever, and this is my memorial unto all generations" (Ex. iii. 15). Here the word "le-'olam" (forever) is written defectively, being without the "waw" for the vowel "o," which renders the reading "le-'allem" (to conceal; Ḳid. 71a).

Forty years prior to the destruction of the Temple, the priests ceased to pronounce the Name (Yoma39b). From that time the pronunciation of the Name was prohibited. "Whoever pronounces the Name forfeits his portion in the future world" (Sanh. xi. 1).
30 AD to 70 AD.

Abba Saul (2d cent.) condemned the profanation of the Tetragrammaton by classing those "that speak the Name according to its letters," with those who have no part in the future world (Sanh. x. 1); and according to 'Ab. Zarah 17b, one of the martyrs of Hadrian's time, Hananiah b. Teradion, was burned at the stake because he so uttered the Name.

The view that prayer is more effectual if the name of God is pronounced in it as it is written caused the scholars of Kairwan to address a question in the eleventh century to Hai Gaon with reference to the pronunciation of the Shem ha-Meforash, to which he answered that it might not be uttered at all outside the Holy Land (Hai Gaon, "Ṭa'am Zeḳenim," p. 55; see Löw, "Gesammelte Schriften," i. 204).

Because Hebrews dropped their 'ayins', to keep from saying God's name, hence we have "y'shua." Also spelled Yeshua, for which we have in Greek, "Iēsous" and "Isus." These are corruptions of the names that begin with "Yah."

Thirteen theophoric names with "Yeho" have corresponding forms where the letters eh have been omitted. There is a theory by Christian Ginsburg that this is due to Hebrew scribes omitting the "h", changing Jeho (יְהוֹ‎) into Jo (יוֹ‎), to make the start of "Yeho-" names not sound like an attempt to pronounce the Divine Name.
Theophoric Names: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theophoric_name

Yahwah's name was in the original New Testament scriptures

After killing Hebrew Christians, the Jews would take the New testament scripture written in Hebrew, and carefully cut the name of God out. Then they would place the divine name in a safe place to keep. Following that, they then would burn the remainder of the scrolls in a fire. Rabbi Yose who lived during the second century AD states that, "One cuts out the reference to the Divine Name which are in them [the New Testament writings] and stores them away, and the rest burns." One of his characteristic sayings is, "He who proclaimed the coming of the Messiah,[John] and he who hated scholars [Yahshua] and his disciples; and that false prophet and those slanderers, will have no part in the future world."

According to Wilhelm Bacher this was directed against the Hebrew Christians. And so it is an established fact then, that the disciples of Christ did in fact write the Holy Name of God into the original New Testament.

The correct choice of word to use in a translation would be because of context. Yah said that His name is in him (Christ.) Christ said that Yah’s name is in him. Therefore Christ name must be Yahshua to fulfill the word of God. What the Rabbi’s have done to the Hebrew language is make God out to be a liar. The word of God has not failed, people have failed God, and His son Yahshua.

Halleluyah. Since the first name of God is Yah, how is it that it is not retained in Hebrew theophoric names? It is because the Rabbi's changed the Hebrew language so God's name may not be spoken.

Jesus: The English form "Jesus" was not seen nor spoken until after the year 1525,
when Sir William Tyndale a Protestant Reformer from Oxford, England --- invented it!

Yah

Yah
(Hebrew: יהּ‎‎ Yah) is a short form of Yahwah (in consonantal spelling YHWH Hebrew: יהוה‎‎, called the Tetragrammaton), the proper name of God in the Hebrew Bible. This short form of the name occurs 50 times in the text of the Hebrew Bible, of which 24 form part of the phrase "Halleluyah".

Yahwah forms
In an effort to keep people from speaking the name of God, the true pronunciation of the Tetragrammaton was hidden by the Masoretes, when they added vowel points to the text. There are seven different ways they vowel pointed the Tetragrammaton to achieve their goal.

יְהוָֹה - Y'howah (ē - ĕ - hō - wä), example found in Genesis 3:14

יְהוָה - Y'hwah (ē - ĕ - wä), example found in Genesis 2:4

יֱהוִֹה - Yehowih (ē - ĕ - hō - wĭ), example found in Judges 16:28

יֱהוִה - Yehwih (ē - ĕ - wĭ), example found in Genesis 15:2

יְהוִֹה - Y'howih (ē - ĕ - hō - wĭ), example found in 1 Kings 2:26

יְהוִה - Y'hwih (ē - ĕ - wĭ), example found in Ezekiel 24:24

יֲהוָה - Yahwah (ē - ă - wä), example found in Psalm 144:15

The variation "Yahweh" is not one of the seven.

The bottom line is this, the Rabbi's arbitrarily changed the Hebrew language so the people of the world would not know God's name. Yahshuah or Yahshua is fine. We should keep his real name out of respect.

Yah.
Exodus 23:21.Pay attention to him and listen to what he says. Do not rebel against him; he will not forgive your rebellion, because my Name is in him.

Yah is the short form of God’s personal name Yahwah, used about fifty time in the Old Testament.
Yah-wah / Yah-shua

Psalm 68:4. Sing to Elohiym, sing praise to His name, extol Him who rides on the clouds His name is Yah and rejoice before Him.

John 5:43.I have come in my Father's name, and you do not accept me; but if someone else comes in his own name, you will accept him.

The best evidence is that his proper name was "y'shua". But Galileans always dropped their 'ayins', hence "y'shu" for which in the talmud many Jewish people use as an acronym meaning “may his name be blotted out”.
The name Jesus is an unknown word that was invented. In the NIV Exhaustive Concordance you will find the name Joshua along with the name Jesus. In English the name Joshua is pronounced Jah/ shoo/ ah. We do know as a matter of fact that “Jah” is for “Yah” in Hebrew and English.
The assignment of the vowels in Hebrew are arbitrary, in order to hide his real name. This is also true of God’s own personal name which is Yahwah.
The Orthodox Jews believe that it is their duty to conceal God’s personal name from the public.
So if you wish to use the Messiah’s real name in English that would be “Yahshua.”
Numbers 13:16 (Moses gave Hoshea son of Nun the name Joshua.)
Why did Moses give Hosea the name Joshua? (Yahshua)

I come in the name of Yahwah.
Psalm 118:26
Blessed is he who comes in the name of (the Lord / Yahwah.) From the house of (the Lord / Yahwah) we bless you.

Matthew 23:39
For I tell you, you will not see me again until you say, ‘Blessed is he who comes in the name of (the Lord / Yahwah.)’”

Luke 13:35
Look, your house is left to you desolate. I tell you, you will not see me again until you say, ‘Blessed is he who comes in the name of (the Lord / Yahwah.)’”

Praise, Exalt, and Proclaim His Name

Exodus 34:5
Then Yahwah came down in the cloud and stood there with him and proclaimed his name, Yahwah.

1 Chronicles 16:8
Give praise to Yahwah, proclaim his name; make known among the nations what he has done.

Psalm 34:3
Glorify Yahwah with me; let us exalt his name together.

Psalm 68:4
Sing to God, sing in praise of his name, extol him who rides on the clouds; rejoice before him—his name is Yahwah.

Psalm 96:2
Sing to Yahwah, praise his name; proclaim his salvation day after day.

Psalm 105:1
Give praise to Yahwah, proclaim his name; make known among the nations what he has done.

Psalm 148:13
Let them praise the name of Yahwah, for his name alone is exalted; his splendor is above the earth and the heavens.

Isaiah 12:4
In that day you will say: “Give praise to Yahwah, proclaim his name; make known among the nations what he has done, and proclaim that his name is exalted.

Isaiah 47:4
Our Redeemer—Yahwah of Host is his name— is the Holy One of Israel.

Isaiah 52:6
Therefore my people will know my name; therefore in that day they will know that it is I who foretold it. Yes, it is I.”

Malachi 2:2
If you do not listen, and if you do not resolve to honor my name,” says Yahwah of Host, “I will send a curse on you, and I will curse your blessings. Yes, I have already cursed them, because you have not resolved to honor me.

Last Days.
Zechariah 13:9
This third I will put into the fire; I will refine them like silver and test them like gold. They will call on my name and I will answer them; I will say, ‘They are my people,’ and they will say, ‘Yahwah is our God.’”

Yah

Yah
(Hebrew: יהּ‎‎ Yah) is a short form of Yahwah (in consonantal spelling YHWH Hebrew: יהוה‎‎, called the Tetragrammaton), the proper name of God in the Hebrew Bible. This short form of the name occurs 50 times in the text of the Hebrew Bible, of which 24 form part of the phrase "Halleluyah".

Yahwah forms
In an effort to keep people from speaking the name of God, the true pronunciation of the Tetragrammaton was hidden by the Masoretes, when they added vowel points to the text. There are seven different ways they vowel pointed the Tetragrammaton to achieve their goal.

יְהוָֹה - Y'howah (ē - ĕ - hō - wä), example found in Genesis 3:14

יְהוָה - Y'hwah (ē - ĕ - wä), example found in Genesis 2:4

יֱהוִֹה - Yehowih (ē - ĕ - hō - wĭ), example found in Judges 16:28

יֱהוִה - Yehwih (ē - ĕ - wĭ), example found in Genesis 15:2

יְהוִֹה - Y'howih (ē - ĕ - hō - wĭ), example found in 1 Kings 2:26

יְהוִה - Y'hwih (ē - ĕ - wĭ), example found in Ezekiel 24:24

יֲהוָה - Yahwah (ē - ă - wä), example found in Psalm 144:15

The variation "Yahweh" is not one of the seven.

The bottom line is this, the Rabbi's arbitrarily changed the Hebrew language so the people of the world would not know God's name. Yahshuah or Yahshua is fine. We should keep his real name out of respect.

Yah.
Exodus 23:21.Pay attention to him and listen to what he says. Do not rebel against him; he will not forgive your rebellion, because my Name is in him.

Yah is the short form of God’s personal name Yahwah, used about fifty time in the Old Testament.
Yah-wah / Yah-shua

Psalm 68:4. Sing to Elohiym, sing praise to His name, extol Him who rides on the clouds His name is Yah and rejoice before Him.

John 5:43.I have come in my Father's name, and you do not accept me; but if someone else comes in his own name, you will accept him.

The best evidence is that his proper name was "y'shua". But Galileans always dropped their 'ayins', hence "y'shu" for which in the talmud many Jewish people use as an acronym meaning “may his name be blotted out”.
The name Jesus is an unknown word that was invented. In the NIV Exhaustive Concordance you will find the name Joshua along with the name Jesus. In English the name Joshua is pronounced Jah/ shoo/ ah. We do know as a matter of fact that “Jah” is for “Yah” in Hebrew and English.
The assignment of the vowels in Hebrew are arbitrary, in order to hide his real name. This is also true of God’s own personal name which is Yahwah.
The Orthodox Jews believe that it is their duty to conceal God’s personal name from the public.
So if you wish to use the Messiah’s real name in English that would be “Yahshua.”
Numbers 13:16 (Moses gave Hoshea son of Nun the name Joshua.)
Why did Moses give Hosea the name Joshua? (Yahshua)

I come in the name of Yahwah.
Psalm 118:26
Blessed is he who comes in the name of (the Lord / Yahwah.) From the house of (the Lord / Yahwah) we bless you.

Matthew 23:39
For I tell you, you will not see me again until you say, ‘Blessed is he who comes in the name of (the Lord / Yahwah.)’”

Luke 13:35
Look, your house is left to you desolate. I tell you, you will not see me again until you say, ‘Blessed is he who comes in the name of (the Lord / Yahwah.)’”

Praise, Exalt, and Proclaim His Name

Exodus 34:5
Then Yahwah came down in the cloud and stood there with him and proclaimed his name, Yahwah.

1 Chronicles 16:8

Psalm 34:3
Glorify Yahwah with me; let us exalt his name together.

Psalm 68:4
Sing to God, sing in praise of his name, extol him who rides on the clouds; rejoice before him—his name is Yahwah.

Psalm 96:2
Sing to Yahwah, praise his name; proclaim his salvation day after day.

Psalm 105:1

Psalm 148:13
Let them praise the name of Yahwah, for his name alone is exalted; his splendor is above the earth and the heavens.

Isaiah 12:4
In that day you will say: “Give praise to Yahwah, proclaim his name; make known among the nations what he has done, and proclaim that his name is exalted.

Isaiah 47:4
Our Redeemer—Yahwah of Host is his name— is the Holy One of Israel.

Isaiah 52:6
Therefore my people will know my name; therefore in that day they will know that it is I who foretold it. Yes, it is I.”

Malachi 2:2
If you do not listen, and if you do not resolve to honor my name,” says Yahwah of Host, “I will send a curse on you, and I will curse your blessings. Yes, I have already cursed them, because you have not resolved to honor me.

Last Days.
Zechariah 13:9
This third I will put into the fire; I will refine them like silver and test them like gold. They will call on my name and I will answer them; I will say, ‘They are my people,’ and they will say, ‘Yahwah is our God.’”
If you knew anything about the original Hebrew alphabet then you would know there were never any vowels.

Like most early Semitic alphabetic writing systems, the alefbet has no vowels. People who are fluent in the language do not need vowels to read Hebrew (Cn y rd ths?), and most things written in Hebrew in Israel are written without vowels.

However, as Hebrew literacy declined, particularly after the Romans expelled the Jews from Israel, the rabbis recognized the need for aids to pronunciation, so they developed a system of dots and dashes called nikkud (points). These dots and dashes are written above, below or inside the letter, in ways that do not alter the spacing of the line. Texts containing these markings are often referred to as "pointed" text.

The Masorites invented the Nikkdoth, it may not change the spacing, but it certainly changes the pronunciation and adds to the text. Which Yah said; do not add or take away.

Oldest Hebrew Vowels
The oldest method used for Hebrew vowels is the vowel-letters י ן א and also ה ע . The employment of vowel-letters was a gradual development. They were first used sparingly to denote final vowels. (Mesha Stone, and Phoenician inscriptions. 950 to 750 BC)

Yah Yeh vowel note
Strong’s Exhaustive Concordance Hebrew Dictionary reveals this erroneous vowel pointing of YAH to YEH in the first column of page 48 where the resulting “YEH” is clear. In every name in this column, a shewa (:) appears under the Hebrew letter yod (y:), so that the pronunciation, following the Hebrew spelling, begins with the prefix “YEH.”

The Greek transliteration of the Tetragrammaton YHWH is “EE-AH-OO-EH,”showing the vowel “a” and not an “e” in “Yahweh.”

Even the well-known Hebrew word “halleluYah,” which means “Praise Yah,” employs the “a” and not “e”. You never say “halleluyeh.” The proper “ah” pronunciation is also found in names of patriarchs, like IsaYah. Isaiah

Back