Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Prayer __] Jobs, Internships, and Women: Oh my!

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

Pard

Looking for some prayer over here. I just finished my application for a customer service job at the local Office Depot. I'm interested in this position because a customer relations-type job will go to enhance my resume when it comes time to apply to a police station. I don't need a lot of hours, I just need that experience.

I am also going to speak to my former boss tomorrow about getting some hours back at the grocery store. Again, looking for the experience it will give me in interacting with other people.

Tomorrow I will be inquiring about a summer internship at the local PD. This is important. I need to get this internship so that I can get a leg up against the competition, come application time. I'll also be inquiring about their college-level Police Explorers program. Don't for see any problems getting into that, but extra prayer can never hurt!

Lastly, I need some help from God in directing my personal relationship with a certain girl. Any extra prayer in that regard is much appreciated.

Praying that His will be done! Also regarding your relationship, that it will bring you both closer to His side; that your mind, body, heart and spirit will be in full submission to the Lord and hers as well. When two are both submitted to the laws and commandments of Jesus, only true love can prevail :yes

Because updates are always nice...

Internship spot is already filled. But that's OK! The school I am going to requires an internship to get my CJ degree, and they hold spots just for CJ students, so next fall I shall have a paid internship with the PD!

I applied for one job, have not heard back. I was at Highland Park the other day and I told my old boss I would like to get some hours working this summer and she said that was completely fine and even asked which department I wanted to work in! So she is going to find out which departments need a new guy and then she is going to hold it for me. It helps that my mom and her are friends :)

That's all the updates for now. Thanks for the prayers!

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back