Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Bible Study John 15:26: THE MYSTAGOGY OF THE HOLY SPIRIT.

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Friends!
John 15:26, THE MYSTAGOGY OF THE HOLY SPIRIT.

John 15:26 says, "But when the Comforter is come, Whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, Who proceedeth from the Father, He shall testify of Me". (cf. KJV/NKJV).
THUS: "To those who confess that the Holy Spirit proceeds from the Father alone, with no intermediary, just as the Son is begotten from the Father alone, with no intermediary, according to the testimony of God the Word Himself to His apostles at the season of His Passion for the salvation of the world when He said, "But when the Comforter is come, Whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, Who proceedeth from the Father, He shall testify of Me", [John 15:26] and to those who accept unaltered this divine testament of our God and Saviour, Jesus Christ, ETERNAL MEMORY. -- SAINT PHOTIOS, SYNODICON ON THE HOLY SPIRIT.
"To those who undertake to dogmatize contrary to our Master Christ and who declare that the Holy Spirit proceeds from the Father and from the Son, from the Son directly and with no intermediary, but indirectly from the Father and with an intermediary, that is, just as the Son proceeds directly from the Father, so the Spirit proceeds from the Son; and to those who dare to say that the Son is the immediate cause of the Spirit while the Father is the removed cause, as though the Spirit were operatively from the Son but only potentially rom the Father and who thus introduce degrees and successions of cause and effect in the simple and indivisible Trinity, ANATHEMA. -- SAINT PHOTIOS, SYNODICON ON THE HOLY SPIRIT.

Cf. Saint Photios. THE MYSTAGOGY OF THE HOLY SPIRIT. Translated with an Introduction by Joseph P. Farrell. Holy Cross Orthodox Press, Brookline, MA 02146, Copyright 1987.

q.v.

GOD BLESS ALL OF YOU WHO BELIEVE IN JOHN 15:26 WITHOUT THE FILIOQUE (WITHOUT "AND THE SON").

IN ERIE PA Scott R. Harrington

:pray

Back