Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Judgment Day is Part of the Gospel Message

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
vic said:
mutzrein said:
Jay T said:
Revelation 14:6 And I saw another angel fly in the midst of heaven, having the everlasting gospel to preach unto them that dwell on the earth, and to every nation, and kindred, and tongue, and people,
14:7 Saying with a loud voice, Fear God, and give glory to him; for the hour of his judgment is come: and worship him that made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and the fountains of waters.

As seen from this Bible verse above....one can see that both the 7th day sabbath, and the Judgment are part of the Gospel message.

What! . . . ?
Heh! That sparked your curiosity. 8-)

The word Gospel is traditionally seen as meaning Good News, but in it's literal sense, it means, "God's message or message about God".

Whether or not one believes worshipping on the seventh day or Judgement Day is part of the Gospel depends on how one interprets Scripture.
But, if one interprets the wrong doctrines, as believing it to be the truth....a person still is LOST ! Galations 5:19 Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are [these]; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,
5:20 Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,
5:21 Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told [you] in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.

Whether or not one believes worshipping on the seventh day or Judgement Day is part of the Gospel depends on how one interprets Scripture.

Yet, that does not change the Everlasting Gospel, does it! 1 John 2:4
---John

Jay T said:
Galations 5:19 Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are [these]; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,
5:20 Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,
5:21 Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told [you] in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God. [/color]

Heresies by whose definition and according to what version?

My bible says this:

16 So I say, live by the Spirit, and you will not gratify the desires of the sinful nature.
17 For the sinful nature desires what is contrary to the Spirit, and the Spirit what is contrary to the sinful nature. They are in conflict with each other, so that you do not do what you want.
18 But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under law.
19 The acts of the sinful nature are obvious: sexual immorality, impurity and debauchery;
20 idolatry and witchcraft; hatred, discord, jealousy, fits of rage, selfish ambition, dissensions, factions
21and envy; drunkenness, orgies, and the like. I warn you, as I did before, that those who live like this will not inherit the kingdom of God.

mutzrein said:
Jay T said:
Galations 5:19 Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are [these]; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,
5:21 Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told [you] in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God. [/color]

Heresies by whose definition and according to what version?

My bible says this:

16 So I say, live by the Spirit, and you will not gratify the desires of the sinful nature.
17 For the sinful nature desires what is contrary to the Spirit, and the Spirit what is contrary to the sinful nature. They are in conflict with each other, so that you do not do what you want.
18 But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under law.
19 The acts of the sinful nature are obvious: sexual immorality, impurity and debauchery;
20 idolatry and witchcraft; hatred, discord, jealousy, fits of rage, selfish ambition, dissensions, factions
21and envy; drunkenness, orgies, and the like. I warn you, as I did before, that those who live like this will not inherit the kingdom of God.
Bottom Line.......this proves in any Bible version, that there is no such thing as, '"Once Saved, Always Saved"....as some believe that those who commit little sins, still will get into heaven.

Let's not forget that idolatry, can be simply accepting a false belief !

MrVersatile48 said:
Jay seems to talk of a legalistic mandate to keep all God's laws as a way to earn salvation
[SIGH] When you accuse me a legalism....you also accuse God of the same thing !
Eccl. 12:13 "Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this [is] the whole [duty] of man".

Now, do you really want to accuse God of Legalism, and that HE is wrong, making this statement ?
The thrust of the Bible, as Paul ably summed it up, is that 'the law is a schoolmaster to lead us to Christ' - Romans 3 especially emphasises that 'all have sinned & fall short'
Yes, he did.
And notice the very last statement he made in chapter 3.......
Romans 3:31 Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law.

QUESTION: Do you know what the greek meaning of the word, 'establish' means ?

It means 'to present'.
So, the true meaning of Romans 3:31 is......
3:31 Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we 'present' the law.

Ever read Psalms 19:7 ?
19:7 The law of the LORD [is] perfect, converting the soul: the testimony of the LORD [is] sure, making wise the simple.

There is a purpose to God's Law, in the conversion process....do you know what that purpose is ?

Back