Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Judgment to begin at the house of God

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

Cornelius

1Pe 4:17 For the time is come for judgment to begin at the house of God: and if it begin first at us, what shall be the end of them that obey not the gospel of God?

Catholic Church's sex abuse scandal goes global

(CNN) -- As the Vatican announced Friday that Pope Benedict XVI has signed a pastoral letter about Ireland's abusive priests, it became increasingly clear that the church abuse crisis has entered a new international phase, with allegations spreading across a half dozen countries -- including the pope's native Germany.
http://www.cnn.com/2010/WORLD/europe/03 ... tml?hpt=T2

God has started to bring judgement on all people who call themselves by His name. I sincerely believe that this judgement is not just going to be in the RCC group, but we will see it circling out to every denomination that is called "Christian" .

We see it in the spectacle that is called the "Brownsville revival" where demonic activity was running rife in the "church" and people were told its God. We all know what happened to their leader.

We are to live holy lives. We have to bear the fruit of Christ. We have to be found IN Him. The end times are upon us and only the blind deny it. We have many Christians who are like ostriches , they have their heads in the sand and hope it will go away. It will not. Its here. The only question we should be asking is : Am I ready. (That question should not be asked to ourselves, but to God. Our own hearts are treacherous and will tell us : YES. But ask the Lord, who knows the hidden secrets of our heart )

blessings
C

ST Malachi in the 12th century prophesied the lineage of popes and Benedict is second to last.

then he prophesied the end, the sex scandals could be the reason of the RCC's demise.

I pray mercy as there are many good priests and nuns who do much in terms of missionary work.
But the cover ups by the hiarchy was and is the problem.

Child abuse is demonic in nature, and the Lord is cleaning house. As you said others have been through the ringer as well.

I just pray they will let priests have the choice to marry.

If, RC priests were allowed to be married (as scripture allows) it would be so much easier for them. They are in bondage, could we expect anything else?

Also, for so many centuries the RC church has been known as a Christian church (I do believe however, it is the christian world church, i you could understand.) and this is where we look to see judgment?
They have been on their own, they have been once they stated salvation is by faith + works. Luther and others tried to reform her but were unsuccessful. And by continuing to consider her as a christian church is not helping those practicing, especially those half-heatedly.
But, as another poster stated by name, here is where the problem lies. For this is where the world (majority) understand and see's it.

And may I add, there is a prime example where judgment begins in the house of God.
Compare how the churches had their start and what happen after the councils. The councils were needed in their time to protect the churches from heresies, but the councils established (later) many other practices which scripture does not support.

MMarc said:
ST Malachi in the 12th century prophesied the lineage of popes and Benedict is second to last.
If it is not in scripture I wouldn't worry about it.

then he prophesied the end, the sex scandals could be the reason of the RCC's demise.
You see, a false prophet will be revealed. This is just one of the many results from the fall of the church of Rome from Christianity. Not the reason of it.

I pray mercy as there are many good priests and nuns who do much in terms of missionary work.
But the cover ups by the hiarchy was and is the problem.
The problem is they went their own way neglecting God's word.

Child abuse is demonic in nature, and the Lord is cleaning house. As you said others have been through the ringer as well.
Demonic indeed!

I just pray they will let priests have the choice to marry.
That would be a good call.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back